Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1265
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Nightwing WOULD be cool. A great way to pull Grayson out of the post-Seeley doldrums it's been trapped in.

But if they don't put Priest on Batman I'm going to be genuinely salty. It's what I've been hoping for since they announced King was off the book. And it's one of the two characters I've most wanted to see Priest do a meaningful run on. (The other being Captain America. I know he did Falcon and Captain America for a bit, but a run on the main book would be a dream come true.)

But I'll pick up just about anything if they put Priest on it. Unless it's Harley Quinn, that's a hard pass. But otherwise, I'm game.
    Priest on Nightwing would be really good, based on his ideas he posted on his blog.

I'd love Priest on Batman, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well the problem with Batman is the rumor is, DC wants the Batman title to start being more involved in the larger events of the DCU. That to me screams the title is going to become event tie in fodder, so whoever gets the title post-King won’t really get any freedom and will probably be booted off for a “more important” team come issue 100. So I’m not sure I’d want Priest to be on immediately following King.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Priest deserves better than that, just like he deserved better on Justice League
    Yeah. I loved his Justice League run, but it was clear he wanted to do more, and got cut off at the knees. I wouldn't want him to do Batman just for 15 issues and then have to leave. He deserves at least a 50 issue run on Batman, if he did 50 issues on Deathstroke.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

In addition to length, I'd also rather he tell the stories that he wants to tell rather than get stuck writing stories for editorial with Snyder's dreadful Year of the Villain with evil Gordon or whatever replacement Batman story is in the works.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    In addition to length, I'd also rather he tell the stories that he wants to tell rather than get stuck writing stories for editorial with Snyder's dreadful Year of the Villain with evil Gordon or whatever replacement Batman story is in the works.
    Agreed. I want a Priest story he loves, not a paycheck comic or deeply compromised project.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Well Priest spoonfed us on most of the details. Good issue again, can’t wait to get the Jericho issue next. Still not sure what Alt!Slade’s deal is.

Really sad that it seems that spoilers:
    Hosun really is super dead. But he did go out doing a heroic thing. But if Rose is dead, I will be too.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well Priest spoonfed us on most of the details. Good issue again, can’t wait to get the Jericho issue next. Still not sure what Alt!Slade’s deal is.
    Maybe Dark Multiverse Slade? Though I'd prefer that Snyder's BS didn't affect this book.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Maybe Dark Multiverse Slade? Though I'd prefer that Snyder's BS didn't affect this book.
    I mean, it already is, since Jericho's powers are from Snyder's events. But I trust Priest to make it work.

Astonishing Member

I'm curious about Old Man Slade, too. So far I don't quite understand the thematics of including him in this Deathstroke R.I.P. arc, but I do like the dramatic imagery of putting him up against real snarky smarmy Slade. Certainly there's the element of "Perception of Slade" (New Old Man Slade) versus "How Slade Has Actually Been Depicted In Good Comics" (Priest Slade). And the legit literal "The Terminator" angle being played with. But I'm still not sure what it means to the story for Slade to be up against a worse version of himself yet.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I'm curious about Old Man Slade, too. So far I don't quite understand the thematics of including him in this Deathstroke R.I.P. arc, but I do like the dramatic imagery of putting him up against real snarky smarmy Slade. Certainly there's the element of "Perception of Slade" (New Old Man Slade) versus "How Slade Has Actually Been Depicted In Good Comics" (Priest Slade). And the legit literal "The Terminator" angle being played with. But I'm still not sure what it means to the story for Slade to be up against a worse version of himself yet.
    I personally think that when Slade confronts himself, he's going to be told the choices and attitudes he has now will always lead to his older, more evil self. And he's going to beat Old Him, but make exactly the same choices.

Because Slade is a villain, which means he always chooses selfishness over heroism. It's going to be devastating. I hope some of his family can walk out of it alive...I'm very worried at this point.

I know that is not about Priest Slade but is about SLADE. This 1 min trailer surprised me.

Rose. Wintergreen, Jericho.. I am happy to see these names confirmed..

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/10/05/...ights-dragons/
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-08-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I know that is not about Priest Slade but is about SLADE. This 1 min trailer surprised me.

Hmm. Cool trailer, but it seems a bit too "antihero" for me. I prefer Slade as a villain.

I'm not entirely caught up on Priest's work, so Deathstroke may have grown some. But this goes against the characterization in the first issue of Rebirth.

Definitely not the stone-cold professional vibe that Slade puts on.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Seriously, this looks good. When & where will this be available for purchase?

I've caught up, I'm so glad the real Slade is back, sad Hosun seems dead, I'm over the Willow part of Rose, I just want Rose to be herself completely. And poor Jericho, he is being consumed by power, but I liked it when he told those soldiers to die and they did and then told them to live and they came back to life ...the.power.that.that.has.gif.meme, and I did like the ruthless Slade twisting Adeleine's arm ...never liked her lol.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 10-30-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I've caught up, I'm so glad the real Slade is back, sad Hosun seems dead, I'm over the Willow part of Rose, I just want Rose to be herself completely. And poor Jericho, he is being consumed by power, but I like when he told those soldiers to die and they did and then told them to live and they came back to life ...the power that that has.gif.meme, and I did like the ruthless Slade twisting Adeleine's arm ...never liked her lol.
    Good thoughts! I'm also a bit bummed that Willow isn't gone. I'm very worried for Rose, though, since Slade was about to apparently kill her before he attacked Adelaide. I don't like Addy that much, but that scene really made me wince.