Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1265

I think you guys are right, I think Priest probably likes the Nightwing character when his status quo is drastically changed and not when he's Batman-lite.

I feel like there is a way to strike a balance with that but if you don't do it well you get the Ric plotline that is happening currently; I'm kind of curious how Priest would have handled this Ric storyline b/c I don't think Priest would have tried to sever the connection between Dick and the bat family, I also kind of want to know if he likes this status quo change lol.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure, given his blogs about the novels he created and wrote about the Green Lanterns (Sleepers), his favorite is Hal. Though he also seemed to like using Simon and Jessica in his Justice League run.
    Boo to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It be funny if the green lantern he wanted to write was Guy. I hope his next project is a success. It be cool if it was the Question.
    I was actually thinking that Priest had a pitch for Guy, I could literally imagine it, as well as imagine him bringing back Ice.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 04-18-2019 at 03:34 AM.

It's coming...I feel the sadness upon me...apparently, Priest wanted to write Green Lantern and/or Nightwing, but Didio said no, according to someone who talked to him at a con last weekend. Why!!!
    This is very sad to hear. The old boys club still in effect at DC I see. Priest isn't a Yes man likely why they try to caged him in rather than reward him fairly.

Hey! I have been enjoying Terminus Agenda. I wasn’t sure that I would like Teen Titans, but to my surprise at least the issues from the crossover have been pretty cool. Maybe I will check out previous issues, in which case the crossover would have been a success personally
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I just realised that issue #50 is due in December.

#50 was the number Priest said he was going to leave it, and given that would also be year end.....could it be he'll actually pull the plug and give himself a fresh 2020?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I just realised that issue #50 is due in December.

#50 was the number Priest said he was going to leave it, and given that would also be year end.....could it be he'll actually pull the plug and give himself a fresh 2020?
    Yup. That's my expectation.

I really, really hope he'll get a big title at Marvel or DC, though. Problem is, as he's said on his blog, he doesn't have a fire in his belly to play the games that get big titles.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Yup. That's my expectation.

I really, really hope he'll get a big title at Marvel or DC, though. Problem is, as he's said on his blog, he doesn't have a fire in his belly to play the games that get big titles.
    Is he still posting on his blog? Last time I checked he hadn’t updated in a while. I always find it interesting to read about people’s experiences working in the comic book industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Is he still posting on his blog? Last time I checked he hadn’t updated in a while. I always find it interesting to read about people’s experiences working in the comic book industry.
    Not since September last year, sadly. His insights were always so good.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Seems that Slade will be "death" during certain time.. I saw this in DC YEAR OF THE VILLAIN:

She appears in one page called BAD BY DESIGN that talks about luthor and villains.. The rest of characters here are villains.. Maybe with Bizarro exception.. But he is one black sheep too.

DC Year villain Rose wilson.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-01-2019 at 02:34 AM.

However, Slade appeared in one image too.. Even if he is "death" maybe he will return soon..

dc year villain slade wilson deathstroke.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Seems that Slade will be "death" during certain time.. I saw this in DC YEAR OF THE VILLAIN:

She appears in one page called BAD BY DESIGN that talks about luthor and villains.. The rest of characters here are villains.. Maybe with Bizarro exception.. But he is one black sheep too.

Very cool! I love Rose, but I hope she doesn't go completely to the side of evil.

Really enjoyed the end of The Terminus Agenda today. I think they kind of wimped out on who gets to kick of Deathstroke RIP, but I bet editorial had some hand in that silliness. Pagulayan's art was fantastic, and Priest really hammed home things he's been saying about pre-teen assassins for years.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

This is a cool costume.

Reread the issue again to write the review (my last for Deathstroke, sadly, as it no longer connects to Batman), and I was really taken aback with how powerful the tragedy is. Priest layers bits of humor, like Emiko wearing her mask with her pyjamas, along with the absolute brutality of Damian's upbringing and Slade's attempt to "fix" him. A truly excellent issue.

It is fascinating that while this run is about Deathstroke it developed Damian a lot as well. I might be giving too much credit, but I think that this might be the best thing that happened to Damian since Batman & Robin by Tomasi.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It is fascinating that while this run is about Deathstroke it developed Damian a lot as well. I might be giving too much credit, but I think that this might be the best thing that happened to Damian since Batman & Robin by Tomasi.
    Well, I think Robin Son of Batman was really good, too. But I agree that Deathstroke is where I find the best Damian material in Rebirth.

Oh yeah, first arc that was done entirely by Gleason was amazing as well, completely forgot about it. But yes, as far as Rebirth goes this is Damian's top stuff without a question.