Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1265

The 2nd part of the interview was great.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Wow, the 2nd part of the interview was just as good as the 1st part.

I could read Priest's thoughts on things forever.

You know what, I have no problem with people being like I'm glad DC didn't listen to Priest or I prefer Damian staying Bruce's kid but this whole Priest has an ulterior motive that both Dick and Damian fans have paraded for a multitude of reasons is such a juvenile take and something I expect from people who can't stop being over protective of a character that DC is frankly doing nothing with.

Priest isn't simple enough to change something for the sake of change or leaving a footprint in the dc universe, he has thoughts about certain things and he sticks with it, just b/c you don't like it, does not mean there is some sinister motive, people have to get over that and realize people see characters differently and have different ideas for them, once you do, you can join us at the adult table for some mature conversation.

And what part of Priest doesn't want to write a comic based solely on a black character don't people understand, stop suggesting black characters.
    Priest wrote one of the most popular runs for a black character that shaped the character who he is today. There's a reason why people want him to write black characters. I get why he doesn't want to though and respect it but personally I would eat up any chance I could get to write DC's black characters especially since no one else wants to do it.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Since Slade is kind of an evil version of Cap I would buy a Captain America title by Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Since Slade is kind of an evil version of Cap I would buy a Captain America title by Priest.
    the last time Priest had a Cap run, it ended up being... well, seek out his blogs about the experience. lol.
    But it would be great to see him return to it. (without another Cap title getting announced right afterward).

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    the last time Priest had a Cap run, it ended up being... well, seek out his blogs about the experience. lol.
    But it would be great to see him return to it. (without another Cap title getting announced right afterward).
    Thank you. Appreciate it. It will be my X-Mas gift to myself.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Priest wrote one of the most popular runs for a black character that shaped the character who he is today. There's a reason why people want him to write black characters. I get why he doesn't want to though and respect it but personally I would eat up any chance I could get to write DC's black characters especially since no one else wants to do it.
    I think Priest clearly likes writing black characters - he didn't have to add in Red Lion, or Tanya, or Wallace - but I think the point is he doesn't want to only be asked to write them.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

https://www.newsarama.com/48418-prie...sometimes.html

3rd part of Priest's wrap up interview with Newsarama.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/48418-prie...sometimes.html

3rd part of Priest's wrap up interview with Newsarama.
    Awesome, thanks for the heads up! I love that he considers Batman vs. Deathstroke a chance to really dig into Batman as well as Deathstroke - it was too short a taste for me - I want so much more than we got to see in Deathstroke and Justice League!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

This crap at DC about characters not being available makes absolutely zero sense. Not a single thing that happened in Batman was brought up or even hinted at in any of the 100 other books he appears in, and the timelines between different books make absolutely zero sense. But one can't use high profile characters for an average selling book because reasons. That is some straight up BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    This crap at DC about characters not being available makes absolutely zero sense. Not a single thing that happened in Batman was brought up or even hinted at in any of the 100 other books he appears in, and the timelines between different books make absolutely zero sense. But one can't use high profile characters for an average selling book because reasons. That is some straight up BS.
    That always sounds like backstage politics thing to me, if we like you we'll give you Batman, if not then stick with what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    That always sounds like backstage politics thing to me, if we like you we'll give you Batman, if not then stick with what you have.
    Yep editorial politics definitely plays a role.

Pretty bummed to see this run end. One of my favorites from rebirth. I love when a writer digs into a character and you can tell they care. Plus a bunch of crazy **** went down. Hope Priest takes on something else DC soon, Batman or something Damian related would be cool.

An Omnibus is coming! http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779512604

Holy crap is that going to be a monster book. I almost wish they’d break it in two like they’re doing Snyder’s Batman, but I’ll buy it!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Holy crap is that going to be a monster book. I almost wish they’d break it in two like they’re doing Snyder’s Batman, but I’ll buy it!
    hopefully it will sell lots of copies and Priest will eventually get to go to book signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

That is fantastic news, though I dunno if I can justify buying after collecting all the singles!