Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Since it's almost clear that Slade is going to be going back to villainy I get the feeling that this Terra, while still retaining her edge, is going to be more "heroic" in nature. That excites me.

Slade has done so much to hurt Rose, Tara, and Joey and I think it would be interesting to see their dynamic. Actually, without Slade involved and with another member or two, I'd actually read a book with this cast.
    In Slade's mind he's helping and protecting his family. That's what has been so interesting to me. He's "helping" his family the way a true villain does it. With murder and manipulation. I'm really interested in how he will act now that he's supposedly changed. I think he will be the same old ******* but will be more straight forward with how he shows his family he loves them.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

That's a really intriguing idea - I'll have to reread the issue carefully to see how he relates to his kids.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Best thing about this murder mystery is that I can see all of them as the killer.

And now we have a new mystery added to the mix with those beginning pages.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Well, it's clear that the weird fight last issue is related to Rose somehow, since it's Hmong.

I like the new uniforms! The team looks like they're having difficulty working together, though.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, it's clear that the weird fight last issue is related to Rose somehow, since it's Hmong.

I like the new uniforms! The team looks like they're having difficulty working together, though.
    They're most likely not used to each other and jaben't eveb trained together. This looks like it'll be a fun issue tho, tbh I'm already interested in the two cops and we may never see then again after this issue lol.

~~

~~

Still getting Fantastic Foundation vibes from those outfits. Seeing Deathstroke in a team just feels so weird lol.
    Superhero shows are trash

I think the weirdness is the point. And I'm loving it.

Today's issue was amazing - brutally funny and cynical, as always. I'm curious - some people on other sites are theorizing that Slade is deliberately undercutting his competition with his low price for the team's services - since Priest has been so deliberate about how much it costs to hire Slade (in Chicago, specifically), anyone think this is also deliberate, as a way to show Slade still being a jerk?

Just coming in real quick to say that this issue was so freaking good, every feels like an episode of a tv series, and this was one of the really fun one you enjoy.

I'll come back later and speculate on some things but for now I'll just say Deathstroke remains the one dc comic worth my time.

~~

~~

Loved this issue, probably the best take on Dr Light since ever. Not a lot of focus on the team but the Hmong threat tells me Rose focus is coming too. Wonder how Priest envisions Rose and Terra shared past tho.

BANNED

enjoyed this. just wondering, though, did New 52 / Rebirth erase what Doctor Light did to Sue Dibny and others?

Mighty Member

Why is this the best team book right now? Loved the issue so much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BFF View Post
    enjoyed this. just wondering, though, did New 52 / Rebirth erase what Doctor Light did to Sue Dibny and others?
    I was really curious about that, too. The New 52 did erase Identity Crisis, and N52 Doctor Light was a family man working for ARGUS in light technology - though that doesn't necessarily mean he didn't have an early career as a cheap supervillain before being conscripted into government work - who gets photon-ghosted by the Secret Society of Super-Villains during Forever Evil. N52 Doctor Light is not evil, he's more of a weaponized, out of control good guy figure. Also, in the N52, the other Doctor Light, Kimiyo, is his lovely wife and they have kids. And he's essentially died. Which Priest seems to use here, or reference here. "Trying to be a hero for a while. Basically being dead." Those are New 52, particularly Forever Evil elements. (So too was Slade's most recent Secret Society involvement - but he took Luthor's side and betrayed the SSoSV for hard cash.)

But Priest also directly references Doctor Light's history as a vintage, and mostly ... if not harmless, "low level", Teen Titans villain.

But also using Arthur and Slade together in a scene almost immediately calls back to Identity Crisis.

So I'm really curious. I wonder if a Rebirthed, weird holistic interpretation of Doctor Light that features multiple aspects of his character would make him into a more three-dimensional, effing weird character. I'd still erase the rape of Sue Dibny from existence for sure, but phases of his life where he was a young, dumb, not that skilled supervillain, then a creep, then tried getting some redemption and a family via Amanda Waller and ARGUS, then got photon-bombed and got some weird life perspective out of it, would be kind of interesting as a take.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com