Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This ended the way anyone with a brain knew it was going to end. Still a very enjoyable arc. Man I wish Priest posted more on is blog, I really enjoy getting his insights into comics as well as other stuff. I'm ready for the Arkham arc to start, and hopefully we'll get at least two more arcs after that. I hope DC gives Priest a book after he's done with Deathstroke, I can think of a ton of other characters I'd love to see him write.
    Can you post the link to the blog?

Great issue. All will go to CGC eventually.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Can you post the link to the blog?

Great issue. All will go to CGC eventually.
    http://lamerciepark.com/wp/

Here's the blog! Priest is still busy, but his assistant is posting a discussion spot for fans.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

I'm glad that Batman vs Deathstroke is finally done. It was a decent arc but it was definitely not worth all the butthurt and drama that some fans started because of it.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'll be interested to see what happens with the sales after the arc. Batman being in the book spiked them (by a huge 18-20k!), but I wonder if anyone will stick around?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'll be interested to see what happens with the sales after the arc. Batman being in the book spiked them (by a huge 18-20k!), but I wonder if anyone will stick around?
    That is a really good question, and one I've been asking since we had word of the incredible sales spike. I'm hoping that we can keep sales at least around 25k (30k would be amazing, but probably too good to be true), since that'll almost certainly guarantee getting to 50.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

The whole plot for this Batman vs. Deathstroke Arc was imo kind of weak.
    The reason why they fought each other was imo really dumb, and seriously are the Batfamily members not able to do DNA tests on their own?

And i still don't get why they made Tim look like Dick/Jason for this video ...

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    That's the big question. I hope the drops aren't too bad, because if it can stay in 20k-30k range, I think 15 more issues is quite feasible. If not it will probably make it to issue 45.

Looks like it’s making it to 50 issues after all! Very happy about this.
    3633C087-CA72-4E4E-B3AD-CCDBA3D514C7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like it’s making it to 50 issues after all! Very happy about this.
    3633C087-CA72-4E4E-B3AD-CCDBA3D514C7.jpg
    What panel was that? That's pretty wonderful!

I liked the idea that such villains like Talia probably have initiated multiple schemes over the years that went nowhere. And then suddenly, years later, one of old schemes just starts playing out. Makes you think how many other potential plots are hidden somewhere in some box that nobody ever bothered opening.

Also I liked the ending. Bruce got strong character moment with saying that Damian is his son regardless if he is biological father or not. And we, the readers, got confirmation that Bruce is biological father of Damian. Win/Win.

Assuming Arkham arc last for 6 issues then we should get two more arcs till we reach #50, great news.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I liked the idea that such villains like Talia probably have initiated multiple schemes over the years that went nowhere. And then suddenly, years later, one of old schemes just starts playing out. Makes you think how many other potential plots are hidden somewhere in some box that nobody ever bothered opening.

Also I liked the ending. Bruce got strong character moment with saying that Damian is his son regardless if he is biological father or not. And we, the readers, got confirmation that Bruce is biological father of Damian. Win/Win.

Assuming Arkham arc last for 6 issues then we should get two more arcs till we reach #50, great news.
    Very exciting news indeed. And I love the way Priest set it up - the whole thing of Priest's run on Deathstroke has been the way our past sins haunt our current lives, and Talia's scheme reinforces that beautifully.

Looking at the solicitations for December, I am happy to see Two-Face will be making an appearance; this Arkham arc is gonna be great at seeing Batman villains ...cause I have no desire to read any Bat books at this time.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Looking at the solicitations for December, I am happy to see Two-Face will be making an appearance; this Arkham arc is gonna be great at seeing Batman villains ...cause I have no desire to read any Bat books at this time.
    The one sad thing is that we're getting Pasarin's awful art.

So...we get the first issue of Arkham - the first followup on what's going on with Slade and his family in seven months. What are people excited about? What do people want to see?

I'm really hoping we get an update on what's happening with Rose. Joey, too, though he was around during Batman v. Deathstroke, so I don't feel his absence as much. I'm also really curious about what will happen with Deathstroke facing all of the villains...and what Priest's idea of Arkham's workings will be. (I should check out what Tom King did with Arkham in I Am Suicide and I Am Bane, since I know Priest is a fan of King's.)

I also just reread Deathstroke #20-29, to catch up on the status quo. Oh, man, such a good series.

We have a preview! Finally! https://www.cbr.com/preview-deathstroke-36/

Kinda funny, starting off with Deathstroke beating on all of the villains, while we get a recap to get us up to speed (even though I literally just did that last night. )

Still bummed that Pasarin is doing art for this arc.