Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    At least Priest won't have to worry about people firebombing his house now. I hope this will continue once the arc ends because if it was because of Batman and Damian then this is not going to look good for Deathstroke going forward. ANd Priest will have to craft a new story to outdo this one and that's not easy even for a pro and he could end up living in his own shadow.
    I believe in him!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I believe in him!
    I hope for the best too!
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

WE DID IT!

DEATHSTROKE #36
    written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    art by ED BENES
    cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
    variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    “Deathstroke: Arkham” starts here! After being declared criminally insane, Deathstroke is committed to the infamous Arkham Asylum! It isn’t long before the hunter becomes the hunted as Slade, powerless and weaponless, is targeted by some of Gotham City’s most wanted. But after initially mocking and contravening the system meant to help him, Deathstroke learns that his only hope for survival may be to confront his own inner demons.
    ON SALE 10.03.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

I'm SO EXCITED about Deathstroke continuing, and dealing with his hallucinated Wintergreen! (It kinda reminds me of when he was blinded for an arc - hopefully he doesn't get another innocent teen stuck in an alternate dimension while he thinks she's dead... )

And that is an AMAZING cover!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Woo, I really think we can make it to 50 before this series ends, I don't wanna jinx it though but we can do it.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Woo, I really think we can make it to 50 before this series ends, I don't wanna jinx it though but we can do it.
    Well, I think we're definitely getting to 41, and unless it drops all the way to 17 again by the end of that, I don't see why we can't get to 50! So happy!

I'm thinking the same. This will probably be a 4 issue arc, and then we'll see if sales are good enough to push the book to 50 issues.

https://www.avclub.com/deathstroke-t...xcl-1827965926

We have a preview for issue #34!

Slade infiltrating Wayne Manor is pretty exciting, though I'm not quite sure why Priest is using two pages to recap Joey's throat slitting and Addy blowing out Slade's eye. Seems a bit long. I wonder if something was cut out there to preserve a surprise, since you see Joey at the end of the sequence, but he doesn't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    https://www.avclub.com/deathstroke-t...xcl-1827965926

We have a preview for issue #34!

Slade infiltrating Wayne Manor is pretty exciting, though I'm not quite sure why Priest is using two pages to recap Joey's throat slitting and Addy blowing out Slade's eye. Seems a bit long. I wonder if something was cut out there to preserve a surprise, since you see Joey at the end of the sequence, but he doesn't do anything.
    That seems to be the case, also the relationship Slade has with Joseph is probably being highlighted if Slade has figured out this Robin is Bruce/Batman's son ...which he seems to have figured out.

I kind of want to read the earlier issues of Deathstroke when Batman and Robin first appear, b/c I don't remember if it was hinted that Deathstroke knew the relationship of the current Robin to Batman esoecially b/c this arc takes place before the series starts.

The preview made me feel sad about Tim tho cause it did just highlight that he was shoved to the side after the real son of Batman came into the picture. Which is an adopted/surrogate/pseudo kid's nightmare.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

That seems to be the case, also the relationship Slade has with Joseph is probably being highlighted if Slade has figured out this Robin is Bruce/Batman's son ...which he seems to have figured out.

I kind of want to read the earlier issues of Deathstroke when Batman and Robin first appear, b/c I don't remember if it was hinted that Deathstroke knew the relationship of the current Robin to Batman esoecially b/c this arc takes place before the series starts.

The preview made me feel sad about Tim tho cause it did just highlight that he was shoved to the side after the real son of Batman came into the picture. Which is an adopted/surrogate/pseudo kid's nightmare.
    I really wonder how far Priest is going to be allowed to take Slade's knowledge. He's said that editorial is basically telling him that Slade can't know, but he's pushing it as far as he can, mostly I think by having Slade not care.

I think it's clear that Slade knows that Damian is Talia's kid, but he doesn't really know who the father is, from Deathstroke #4-5. Although the kid does go around boasting about being "Robin Son of Batman" for some reason.

Yeah. I like Damian, but I loathe how the writers treated Tim through him.

so has Slade spent time in Arkham before? What about an actual penitentiary?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so has Slade spent time in Arkham before? What about an actual penitentiary?
    I don't know enough about Deathstroke's previous stuff to know if he's been in Arkham before. Seems unlikely, since before the Wintergreen delusion he hasn't been insane before. In this run, he was in ADX Supermax, Colorado, when Superman brought him in.

Was just looking through Lazarus Contract, and I'm so frustrated that Deathstroke's blindness was fixed in that stupid crossover. Ugh. And not even in his own title!

So if editorial say Deathstroke can't know Batman's identity but he appears out of the clock entrance to the Batcave, how is that not knowing who Batman really is? I get that Slade wouldn't care but you can't not know who Batman is if you come up the stairs to his secret headquarters. Still loving this story arc though, first time buying Deathstroke and I wish I had been picking it up sooner, Priest is killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    So if editorial say Deathstroke can't know Batman's identity but he appears out of the clock entrance to the Batcave, how is that not knowing who Batman really is? I get that Slade wouldn't care but you can't not know who Batman is if you come up the stairs to his secret headquarters. Still loving this story arc though, first time buying Deathstroke and I wish I had been picking it up sooner, Priest is killing it.
    Well, you could say that just like Batman Inc, Bruce is funding and sheltering Batman, but isn't Batman himself.

Priest is indeed killing it! Glad you're on board for this arc!

So, as I suspected, Slade knows that Bruce supports Batman, but doesn't care enough to try to figure out if Bruce actually is Batman.

I need to do a reread, because the first readthrough, I was a bit frustrated by the way this issue didn't actually go anywhere. But I think the art was great - really nice to see Pagulayan on full art duties again - hope that he can handle the full finale, too, and Benes giving him a break allowed him time to catch up.

There's a page on Deathstroke: Arkham at the back of DC Nation #3 (https://www.comixology.com/DC-Nation...l-comic/702881), which is free, and Priest talks a bit about influences, not about plot, really (surprise!) I'm glad they're giving him some promotion, though. While I'm bummed that Diogenes Neves isn't coming back for this arc, Benes did such a great job with the third issue of Deathstroke vs. Batman that I'm glad to hear he's coming back (Benes was back in Birds of Prey form from 2003, instead of the subpar stuff he turned in for Birds of Prey 2010, thankfully.)