Page 32 of 85 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't know that it's even a disorder, since Wintergreen already told Rose that Slade's not a psychopath. I think he's just a very damaged person who has made the decision to do evil. He's a fascinating, compelling character, and I LOVE the way Priest writes him, but I don't think he's driven by insanity, though I do think he currently has some element of insanity with the hallucination of Wintergreen. I'm really curious to see how that plays in with Batman v Deathstroke!
    By disorder I was thinking along the lines of Slade being a Sociopath which is not inherently something bad, there are a lot of individuals who would be considered a sociapath but they are not a danger to society like most people would assume and with Slade, the only reason Slade is a danger to society is b/c of the work he chooses to do.

Do we know that Slade is hallucinating young Wintergreen, or was Isherwoood bluffing in saying that he lied about it to Slade...
    Last edited by kurenai24; 03-08-2018 at 06:18 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    By disorder I was thinking along the lines of Slade being a Sociopath which is not inherently something bad, there are a lot of individuals who would be considered a sociapath but they are not a danger to society like most people would assume and with Slade, the only reason Slade is a danger a to society is b/c of the work he chooses to do.

Do we know that Slade is hallucinating young Wintergreen, or was Isherwoood bluffing in saying that he lied about it to Slade...
    I'm pretty sure we're meant to think that the hallucination is Slade's mind being corrupted, rather than Isherwood lying. I mean, Ish has done some shady stuff like keeping his relationship with Joey a secret, but I don't think he's lying right now.

I think Slade has a conscience, he's just chosen to suppress it, which is very dangerous.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I feel sorry for Terra! She certainly has had a hard knock lofe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I feel sorry for Terra! She certainly has had a hard knock lofe.
    Yeah, she has it rough right now. All of her past trauma came back to haunt her at the worse possible time.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Yeah, she has it rough right now. All of her past trauma came back to haunt her at the worse possible time.
    Hopefully things will get better for her! I like Terra.

Also who is the big monster deathstroke thing? I cant remember

Hopefully things will get better for her! I like Terra.

Also who is the big monster deathstroke thing? I cant remember
    It's Isherwood, Deathstroke's former gadget maker/equipment guy/sniper, who became a Canadian superhero/Christian and had a secret affair with Joey. When Joey decided to marry Etienne, he pushed Isherwood off a building in a fit of rage to prevent him from telling Slade. He then got mad scientists to infect Ish with Deathstroke's healing powers via a virus, which turned him into Deathstroke Hulk.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

It's Isherwood, Deathstroke's former gadget maker/equipment guy/sniper, who became a Canadian superhero/Christian and had a secret affair with Joey. When Joey decided to marry Etienne, he pushed Isherwood off a building in a fit of rage to prevent him from telling Slade. He then got mad scientists to infect Ish with Deathstroke's healing powers via a virus, which turned him into Deathstroke Hulk.
    Oh right thank you! Sometimes I get a bit confused and forget plot points cayse deathstroke is kinda complicated.

Oh right thank you! Sometimes I get a bit confused and forget plot points cayse deathstroke is kinda complicated.
    Haha, very true. I realized typing that out that it's pretty darn convoluted!

Joey pushed Isherwood off the roof to prevent him from telling Etienne and Joey did not know Dr. Villain was gonna inject Isherwood with Deathstroke as well as his own DNA, Dr. Villain never disclosed that information to Joey.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I really liked this last issue. Sure, the plot felt somewhat rushed at time around the supporting characters, but Slade was great through and through, and seeing him going (apparently?) insane was great. I hope that Abnett will be able to make use of Priest's characterization when he'll write Deathstroke in The Silencer. I don't want him to be jobbed or turned into a uni-dimensional villain or something of the like...

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I really liked this last issue. Sure, the plot felt somewhat rushed at time around the supporting characters, but Slade was great through and through, and seeing him going (apparently?) insane was great. I hope that Abnett will be able to make use of Priest's characterization when he'll write Deathstroke in The Silencer. I don't want him to be jobbed or turned into a uni-dimensional villain or something of the like...
    Totally, totally agree. I'm not necessarily a Slade fan outside of Priest's stuff, but since Silencer takes place at the same time as Priest's stuff, I want Abnett to give respect to the amazing work Priest has done here. I think he will - his stuff on Aquaman has been really high quality, and Silencer is, of course, awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Joey pushed Isherwood off the roof to prevent him from telling Etienne and Joey did not know Dr. Villain was gonna inject Isherwood with Deathstroke as well as his own DNA, Dr. Villain never disclosed that information to Joey.
    Yeah, I was going off the top of my head. It's super complicated!

Only in the case you never read priest interview about batman vs deathstroke:

http://capelesscrusader.org/planet-c...oke-vs-batman/

Deathstroke 30 variant... and is not related with Batman

DYLPtU7X4AEqJSV.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Deathstroke 30 variant... and is not related with Batman

DYLPtU7X4AEqJSV.jpg
    It's a pretty awesome painting! Though I'm a bit surprised it's Superman's cape, and not Batman's. But I'm sure all is according to plan...