Page 76 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1265
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, ok. I’m lost.
    This was also me. Still is.
    Didn't take away from the fact that it was a good read.
    I have faith in Priest though that all will be explained.
    That said I'm open to any (assumption based) explanations.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    So, leaving aside for the moment whether this is two alternate Slades or a split-Slade situation, it seems pretty clear from their introductions WHO they are.

Nurse Slade is Slade's humanity. His empathy and ability to care for others. This Slade could probably have bee a decent father to his children. He heals, rather than kills. He shows concern for others and disdain towards both crime, and the simple lies that people tell themselves not to see it.

The other is the Terminator. Stripped of his humanity and connections to people. He's an amoral killing machine who lacks even Deathstroke's code. ('Stroke kills people if he's been paid to or to defend himself. This dude kills indiscriminately in pursuit of Hosun, and then, seemingly, murders Hosun just because.) If you aren't useful to this version you are dead. A pure, heartless monster of murder. Death incarnate.

It certainly feels like a 'merged' Slade is in the cards here. The real thing reborn from these two extremes. But we'll see. Priest hasn't done anything that simple in this run yet. Either way, it's a fun look at two men Slade Wilson is not, and how they contrast with the man himself. It is also, in a kind of meta way, an interesting look at what it might be like to write Slade. Balanced precariously between the two extremes of needlessly heroic and heartlessly murderous, with the real Slade Wilson somewhere only in the gray between.

As an aside, I don't think the Damian bit precludes this from being a split-Slade, as Priest has established Damian as the child Slade more or less wanted. The one he can actually relate to.
    I'm liking this...
    That was also my thought flow - representations of Slade.
    That said I'm still lost on how we got here. Felt I missed an issue inbetween.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-solici...december-2019/

DEATHSTROKE #50
    written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    art and cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN and JASON PAZ
    variant cover by SKAN
    It all comes down to this. With the fate of his family hanging in the balance, the real Slade Wilson must take on his most dangerous foe yet—himself!
    ON SALE 12.04.19
    $4.99 US | 48 PAGES
    FC|DC
    FINAL ISSUE

Sniff sniff. Final.

Good news, though - Pagulayan is listed as the full art. Probably will end up needing some fill in, since it's double sized, but possibly he can do it! He did both Terminus Agenda issues, after all!

Slade vs. Slade! Perhaps the most literal thing Priest has done yet!

"We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

Having seen the new solicits, I have had an intriguing thought. And obviously without knowing what is going on with the two (or maybe 3) Slade's this could all be completely nonsense.

What if Joey and/or Rose have to destroy the Nurse Slade to bring back their father, since he's the only one who can stop Terminator Slade? Imagine the tragedy of finally getting the father you always wanted, only to have to turn him back into Slade Wilson because nobody else can do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Having seen the new solicits, I have had an intriguing thought. And obviously without knowing what is going on with the two (or maybe 3) Slade's this could all be completely nonsense.

What if Joey and/or Rose have to destroy the Nurse Slade to bring back their father, since he's the only one who can stop Terminator Slade? Imagine the tragedy of finally getting the father you always wanted, only to have to turn him back into Slade Wilson because nobody else can do the job.
    Yeah, that would be very within the themes we're getting. Reminds me of Snyder's Superheavy arc, too.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

We're so close to December and I always knew this was gonna happen but I don't want it to end.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    We're so close to December and I always knew this was gonna happen but I don't want it to end.
    I don't want it to end, either. Deathstroke has been my most consistently favorite and beloved title since #20, and I've managed to collect the whole thing in singles. However, I think it's phenomenal that we're getting 50 issues. How many titles can boast that? I'm just so happy that we're going out on Priest's terms, and with such a great story to cherish.

Yeah, better to end this way. Are there any new or rumours what Priest might be doing next?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, better to end this way. Are there any new or rumours what Priest might be doing next?
    Nothing which is frustrating as hell. Apparently he pitched Nightwing to Didio but Didio rejected it which pisses me off. As of right now though it looks like Priest is done at DC when Deathstroke wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nothing which is frustrating as hell. Apparently he pitched Nightwing to Didio but Didio rejected it which pisses me off. As of right now though it looks like Priest is done at DC when Deathstroke wraps.
    That makes me mad too. I tweeted Alex Antone, his editor on Deathstroke, hoping that Priest has a new projects, but it sounds like DC is stupid. As usual.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That makes me mad too. I tweeted Alex Antone, his editor on Deathstroke, hoping that Priest has a new projects, but it sounds like DC is stupid. As usual.
    Lmao Antone just tweeted asking for what projects people want to see Priest on. Maybe there’s still hope. Green Arrow is available and I think it could be great.

Lmao Antone just tweeted asking for what projects people want to see Priest on. Maybe there’s still hope. Green Arrow is available and I think it could be great.
    Yes - a lot of people, like Ben Percy, me, and Joseph Illidge, are saying Batman. But I also think Nightwing could be really cool. Green Arrow would be interesting. Priest would definitely get me to pick it up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yes - a lot of people, like Ben Percy, me, and Joseph Illidge, are saying Batman. But I also think Nightwing could be really cool. Green Arrow would be interesting. Priest would definitely get me to pick it up.
    Nightwing WOULD be cool. A great way to pull Grayson out of the post-Seeley doldrums it's been trapped in.

But if they don't put Priest on Batman I'm going to be genuinely salty. It's what I've been hoping for since they announced King was off the book. And it's one of the two characters I've most wanted to see Priest do a meaningful run on. (The other being Captain America. I know he did Falcon and Captain America for a bit, but a run on the main book would be a dream come true.)

But I'll pick up just about anything if they put Priest on it. Unless it's Harley Quinn, that's a hard pass. But otherwise, I'm game.

Well the problem with Batman is the rumor is, DC wants the Batman title to start being more involved in the larger events of the DCU. That to me screams the title is going to become event tie in fodder, so whoever gets the title post-King won’t really get any freedom and will probably be booted off for a “more important” team come issue 100. So I’m not sure I’d want Priest to be on immediately following King.

Well the problem with Batman is the rumor is, DC wants the Batman title to start being more involved in the larger events of the DCU. That to me screams the title is going to become event tie in fodder, so whoever gets the title post-King won’t really get any freedom and will probably be booted off for a “more important” team come issue 100. So I’m not sure I’d want Priest to be on immediately following King.
    Priest deserves better than that, just like he deserved better on Justice League
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)