Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32727879808182
Results 1,216 to 1,221 of 1221
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Priest will be happy that the CWSeed cartoon seems to be drawing a lot from his run. If he even knows about it.

Count me in on the side glad he didn't retcon Damian into being Slade's son. The possibility of it is stronger then making it factual in my opinion, compared to him being Bruce's son. Plus, I really disliked how he wrote Damian in Lazarus Contract, so...
    I hope it is. The animation and design look really cool.

I actually agree that Damian being Bruce rather than Slade's son is a good choice. I just don't think that Priest is stupid for arguing the other side. But then again, I like how Priest writes the little guy in everything, including Lazarus Contract (my objections to that crossover are more to do with how I think it kinda dumbed down the complexity of Deathstroke).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

I actually agree that Damian being Bruce rather than Slade's son is a good choice. I just don't think that Priest is stupid for arguing the other side. But then again, I like how Priest writes the little guy in everything, including Lazarus Contract (my objections to that crossover are more to do with how I think it kinda dumbed down the complexity of Deathstroke).
    If Damian was slade so. He would have. Super powers

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    If Damian was slade so. He would have. Super powers
    You could argue that his super powers from Slade would mostly just be his enhanced intelligence, removing the need for the genetic experimentation.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I would prefer Damian being Slade's since DC hasn't done anything memorable with him in a LOOONG time (Morrison and Tomasi) aside. All the Damian stories have been told. The Batfamily is too bloated. I have zero interest in Damian without Dick, Alfred or Batcow.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

I think it dumbed down Damian too, but that's neither here nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it dumbed down Damian too, but that's neither here nor there.
    I mean, that discussion has been done a LOT at this point, but if you wanna have it, it's relevant to the thread!

I'm not planning on starting my reread for a little bit - sometime in the next month.