View Poll Results: Do You Wish The Snyder Cut Was Canon?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

27 42.86%
  • No.

36 57.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default After Seeing The Snyder Cut: Do You Wish It Was Canon To The DCEU?

Snyder has revealed in an interview that the Warners only considers the theatrical/Whedon cut of the movie “canon” not his version of the movie. What’s your feelings about that? Do you think the Snyder Cut should have been canon, or no?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Snyder has revealed in an interview that the Warners only considers the theatrical/Whedon cut of the movie “canon” not his version of the movie. What’s your feelings about that? Do you think the Snyder Cut should have been canon, or no?
    Speaking as someone who has been critical of Snyder, not only should it be considered canon but they need to let Snyder move forward with his planned sequels and hopefully Man of Steel 2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Speaking as someone who has been critical of Snyder, not only should it be considered canon but they need to let Snyder move forward with his planned sequels and hopefully Man of Steel 2.
    Quote for truth. Though some of that dialogue could use work I overall enjoyed it. As the first JL film I’d honestly put it above the first avengers movie and even AoU but it doesn’t stack up to IW or EG. Which I only mention because it can get better as it goes on like the Avengers films did.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Lol no. Why would anyone like what Zack Snyder wants to do with Superman/ Batman / Lois Lane?

Incredible Member

Personally, I hope it does become canon; outside of a certain comment Mera says about her parents (which could be just Mera trying to butter Arthur up), there isn't anything that clashes with the films that came after (Note; I haven't watched WW84 yet, so I don't know if that statement still holds).

I haven't watched it myself (fell asleep during chapter 2, then decided to just wait for the hype to die down so I can give it a fair shake) but from what I've seen and heard, I'm not against it being canon. However, i think this should be the last major Snyder contribution to the DCEU, at least first a while.

I like that the JL flopping led to them taking a more creator by creator approach to these characters and, despite not hating everything Snyder has done, I don't think he's a good fit to steer the DC cinematic universe the way the Snyder hive want him to. it's the same issue I have with the Nolan verse and Doomsday Clock, it's so grossly saccharine and self-serious ("this is art! ART I SAY!") that it kinda robs these characters of what makes them fun at times. he leans too heavily into the tired and cliched take "DC characters are GODS", and the drawn out slow mo and weird somber (supposedly mythic) music video like sequences had me legit rolling my eyes at times. the only DC film I really wanna see Snyder take on is Injustice or something in the Flashpoint universe. hell, i'll even take a Dark Nights Metal film from him tbh, but let others continue to do their thing with these other films going forward, for a good while.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-20-2021 at 06:52 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Well, both versions piss all over Wonder Woman, so it doesn't make much of a difference to me. I guess I'd vote for the Snyder Cut only because he treats the Amazons slightly better.

But, for the love of god, I do not want to seem him continue his story. No, I don't need to see Wonder Woman dead for most of his sequel. I don't need evil Superman. I don't care about his stupid Knightmare world.
    I don't need any more of Snyder's insufferable wank.

All-New Member

Absolutely not.

In terms of tone the other DC movies were free to actually present the characters with emotions outside of brooding. Visually I also don't need more DC movies completely washed out as if color is a bad thing. Regarding the story and characterization not mentioning the massive plot holes that once again sacrifices story for the visuals. I'm just not a fan of Darkseid. The movie did him completely dirty, starting with him getting slapped around in the first fight we see him. Then the whole mother box and anti life stuff being so important to him, but he forgets where he left them, like there some keys he forgot on his way out. There's a bunch of other things, but it's extremely obnoxious how Darkseid is basically presented as a threat. But not the biggest threat.

In this movie it clearly sets up Superman as the looming threat that must be stopped/prevented from killing everyone. I'm not even a Superman fan, but I'm sick of seeing evil Superman everywhere and I'd imagine Superman being made evil all the time would drive his fans up a wall.

The plot beats are close enough that I'll personally be considering it canon going forward. Whether DC wants the Whedon cut to be or not. Any inconsistancies I'll probably just brush off as the rumored Flashpoint movie causing it. I don't nessisarily need Snyder to make a sequel but I do hope this gets enough positive reception that it gets WB working on a second JL movie with this cast taking on Darkseid. I'd love to see this roster expand to include Shazam, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Lol no. Why would anyone like what Zack Snyder wants to do with Superman/ Batman / Lois Lane?
    Exactly. Even if the corrupted lore for almost all the players introduced this far was not in play, the way he approached the characters is horrific and random af (John is Clark's mom now? #MissMe). I have zero interest in his desire to poop on Supes either

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

In terms of the actual events of the movies, there's not a huge difference except for a few details like a couple fathers being dead that aren't dead and Mera's accent. Aside from that, both cuts of the movie follow the same story, but with vastly different tones and styles.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

There's no real reason why it should be (or shouldnt be) part of the DCU, though it already contradicts other movies (mostly Aquaman). Just treat it like SS is treating well...SS.

The universe is already extremely flawed.

About the only thing I’d want to see continued is justice league vs. the legion of doom.

I liked the Snyder Cut but I much prefer the directors of the individual movies get to put their own spin on things. James Wan made Atlantis into a brightly colored alien world which is something I can’t imagine Snyder doing. Diana as a more violent warrior is ok for the Snyderverse, but Patty Jenkins shouldn’t have to include those characteristics in her own movie if she’s not ok with it. Plus she’s stated that she wasn’t comfortable with the Amazon’s backstory of enslavement. She wanted it to be more positive.

So I’d be fine with loose cannon. But not strict adherence like the Marvel films.

No. This was just a much longer, darker, and more action-oriented slog. And knowing the proposed directions for the sequel, it would only get way, way worse.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-20-2021 at 08:34 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El