Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1265
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Today's issue was really good - very hard hitting. It does explain some of the cliffhangers from last issue, and is just full of that classic Priest meditation on morality and family.

Only one more issue. And Jeromy Cox, the colorist, said on twitter that it was drawn by Pagulayan and Pasarin. Not as good as just Pagulayan, but I thought Pasarin did a fine job on this one.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I would love to see Priest on Batman and the Outsiders. I think he would have a ball with those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I would love to see Priest on Batman and the Outsiders. I think he would have a ball with those characters.
    I'd be up for any title and Priest (though a Wonder Woman by him would be...odd, to say the least), but I kind of would prefer him to do something with Damian or Dick. Not that either of them is really available at this time.

I also would love to see him do a teen girl squad book with Rose, Power Girl, and Stephanie Brown (that last is just my own personal biases. )
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Good issue. I’m guessing this is a Dark Multiverse Slade, judging by Joey’s comments about bringing him “from the dark” or however it went, and it’s a Slade whose Wintergreen died earlier leaving him without a conscience. One more issue left, gotta say as much as I like how Priest has handled Slade it’s his kids who have been the real stars. I’ve never cared as much about Joey and Rose as I’ve done in this series and even Grant is more sympathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Good issue. I’m guessing this is a Dark Multiverse Slade, judging by Joey’s comments about bringing him “from the dark” or however it went, and it’s a Slade whose Wintergreen died earlier leaving him without a conscience. One more issue left, gotta say as much as I like how Priest has handled Slade it’s his kids who have been the real stars. I’ve never cared as much about Joey and Rose as I’ve done in this series and even Grant is more sympathetic.
    I think it's possible it's from the Dark Multiverse - we know that Priest is fond of Snyder. However, I don't think it's super important where he's from, since I'm pretty sure he's either going to be banished or killed in #50.

I completely agree about the kids being the stars, though. I actually started the series as more of a Rose fan than a Slade fan, and while I've come to have a vast appreciation for how Priest (and to a lesser extent Woflman) wrote Slade, Rose remains my favorite in the run. But Joey has gone from someone I didn't really know to a big favorite with these 51 issues (plus Holiday special short story, which has the cutest Joey ever).

Oh, man. Anyone up for a reread in December after the run finishes? I'm missing it already, and it's not even over.

Went to GalaxyCon in Minneapolis today and got a chance to talk with Priest for about 20-30 minutes. Super fun. He said he has been trying to pitch a Power Girls miniseries with Tanya and Karen, but no dice (because DC is stupid - my comment, not his). I wish I'd gotten more time, but I'm super glad to have the chance to chat with him, and he was super generous with signatures.

The other two issues of Deathstroke I got signed:

Incredible Member

Would've loved for a Dual PG mini tbh. Priest is one of the current DC writers that are always consistently good with their work.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Would've loved for a Dual PG mini tbh. Priest is one of the current DC writers that are always consistently good with their work.
    No kidding! He said that it takes him about two days to type up the script, but the research and planning takes a lot longer. I've heard similar things from other writers in other mediums - it's the planning and prepping that takes the time, when you've gotten good at your craft. And Priest is certainly good at it!

A double Power Girl mini would have been (and still would be, DC!) great!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Went to GalaxyCon in Minneapolis today and got a chance to talk with Priest for about 20-30 minutes. Super fun. He said he has been trying to pitch a Power Girls miniseries with Tanya and Karen, but no dice (because DC is stupid - my comment, not his). I wish I'd gotten more time, but I'm super glad to have the chance to chat with him, and he was super generous with signatures.
    Oh that's really cool that you got the opportunity to meet and chat with him.

So this is the second pitch from Priest that DC didn't want ...and this one would have been good as well smh.

That sucks. Looks like they’re just going to abandon Tanya which sucks also. He mention anything about any other future plans? Looks like he still pitches stuff but DC isn’t biting which is just baffling to me given the low levels of writing talent they currently have. Priest got Deathstroke to 50 issues but they’re abandoning him it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That sucks. Looks like they’re just going to abandon Tanya which sucks also. He mention anything about any other future plans? Looks like he still pitches stuff but DC isn’t biting which is just baffling to me given the low levels of writing talent they currently have. Priest got Deathstroke to 50 issues but they’re abandoning him it looks like.
    I don't understand it. The Power Girls series seems like a gimmee - characters no one else is using, who have fanbases, and who Priest clearly cares about.

He did say he's got two series in the works, but not from DC. I should do the thing where I tweet Alex Antone again.

Extraordinary Member

I don't understand it. The Power Girls series seems like a gimmee - characters no one else is using, who have fanbases, and who Priest clearly cares about.

He did say he's got two series in the works, but not from DC. I should do the thing where I tweet Alex Antone again.
    Why do a power girl series when supergirl is alive and well

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Because they're not the same character or have the same fans or tone or...anything?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Because Power Girl and Supergirl are two different characters and Kara is being turned into a pawn of Batman Who Laughs.