Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Another great issue. Wish it was still biweekly. Joey is a great leader. Slade is still Slade but I love the team and dynamics.
    Same. I miss this being biweekly and I really love Joey as a leader. Slade is still amazingly Slade and I'm here for this team and exploring their dynamics more. I'm waiting to get more intel on Terra and see how she fits in/what's her backstory in this comic.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy_b View Post
    Same. I miss this being biweekly and I really love Joey as a leader. Slade is still amazingly Slade and I'm here for this team and exploring their dynamics more. I'm waiting to get more intel on Terra and see how she fits in/what's her backstory in this comic.
    Agree - I'm really interested in this version of Terra, and how she connects to the strange mystery of the Hmong sword through the Willow business card she's holding before her "date".

However, having looked at the numbers of the series, the shift to monthly after the crossover might have been a really good thing, because it looks like it's stabilized the series at 3,000 issues per month more than it was doing when it was twice a month. I'll take a longer run (measured in issues) over a faster series that burns out.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Rose having two swords, calling herself Ravager and being acquainted with a girl named Terra does not suggest she is a Titan. No more then Vic Stone calling himself Cyborg and having his appearances and abilities suggests to us that he is the character Cyborg (Vic Stone) of the Titans franchise (he's not). If this was the old Judas Contract continuity, Terra would be dead. And would have died before Deathstroke ever found Rose and she found her way to the Titans. Titans isn't actually the only place Rose and Jericho could have physically been superheroes. In fact, most Titans were superheroes in their own right already.

Terra and Rose knowing each other, if anything is a reference to their early New52 partnership in the Superboy solo. And I don't think that actually happened in the same exact form anymore either.
    That's the point of what I'm saying. All these developments may have happened differently, but so far we have no frame of reference for how they could have happened differently. All we have are the stories in which they did happen, as originally told. Stories that couldn't possibly have happened in the current Titans continuity. Its like if you told me that Cyborg didn't just exist in this universe but had also become Cyberion, something that happened to him as a Titan. So, that's all I'm saying when I say the continuities contradict each other.

Also, as an aside, Terra was alive in the form of a doppelgänger before Flashpoint rolled along.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 09-08-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    That's the point of what I'm saying. All these developments may have happened differently, but so far we have no frame of reference for how they could have happened differently. All we have are the stories in which they did happen, as originally told. Stories that couldn't possibly have happened in the current Titans continuity. So, that's what I mean when I say the continuities contradict each other.

Also, as an aside, Terra was alive in the form of a doppelgänger before Flashpoint rolled along.
    Fundamentally, since I don't read or care about Titans (or Teen Titans), this doesn't bother me at all. Especially since they have explicitly contradicted the n52 history of Deathstroke in resurrecting most of his family. Does it hurt the actual story of Deathstroke to be in potential conflict with Titans? Not in my experience. The Batman titles are often in minor or major conflict with each other, especially when it comes to backstory details that have changed over the major reboots and relaunches. They still tell good stories.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Fundamentally, since I don't read or care about Titans (or Teen Titans), this doesn't bother me at all. Especially since they have explicitly contradicted the n52 history of Deathstroke in resurrecting most of his family. Does it hurt the actual story of Deathstroke to be in potential conflict with Titans? Not in my experience. The Batman titles are often in minor or major conflict with each other, especially when it comes to backstory details that have changed over the major reboots and relaunches. They still tell good stories.
    This is true. That's why I actually like Priest's Deathstroke a lot. Because its written for the most part as if it takes place in the classic DCU, despite what the other Titans titles are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Not in such a way that explains her familiarity with Rose. There's no reason here to call upon the old continuity to explain it even if the new one doesn't hold up 100%.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Not in such a way that explains her familiarity with Rose. There's no reason here to call upon the old continuity to explain it even if the new one doesn't hold up 100%.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 09-08-2017 at 07:52 PM.

TT GO defiance.

teen titans go defiance.jpg

GOOD LUCK IN JL, PRIEST.

I don't think he's leaving our favorite jerk and his Teen Titans yet

A new arc starts in December and the Dr Ikon storyline seems to be back to the forefront.

There's a proper word for it and I'm blanking on it but the image of Deathstroke in an Ikon suit while Dr. Ikon is wearing Deathstroke's signature costume is pretty cool.

Was the word irony, juxtaposition, or something else...
    Last edited by kurenai24; 09-19-2017 at 04:07 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    A new arc starts in December and the Dr Ikon storyline seems to be back to the forefront.

There's a proper word for it and I'm blanking it on it but the image of Deathstroke in an Ikon suit while Dr. Ikon is wearing Deathstroke's signature costume is gonna pretty cool.

Was the word irony, juxtaposition, or something else...
    That's quite a dark cover, after the sinister but bright Defiance covers.

(Role reversal?)

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That's quite a dark cover, after the sinister but bright Defiance covers.

(Role reversal?)
    Role reversal probably were words I am looking for.

I'm finding it a bit interesting that the down fall of Deathstroke may actually be a result of the The Society and Dr. Ikon and not from Adeline and Tara or more than likely it'll be all those things.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

~~

~~

Astonishing Member

The sniper in the preview is probably going to be hired by Deathstroke as a way to test Wally or something.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The sniper in the preview is probably going to be hired by Deathstroke as a way to test Wally or something.
    That seems quite sensible.

I'm very interested to see more of the team's life through Wally's eyes. Though the art - probably the inking - looks less assured for some reason.