Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The sniper in the preview is probably going to be hired by Deathstroke as a way to test Wally or something.
    Well... spoilers:
    Pretty close. Of course it ended up being Slade himself, so Wally doesn't have any blood on his hands, just another 'tough love' lesson from Slade.
    end of spoilers

Only putting this under a spoil tag since it's early ...at least in timezone.

This was a funny issue, I enjoyed getting some laughs out of it, poor Tanya and even poor Wally spoilers:
    (despite him being the one who did all this), this was embarrassing for them both. Also Wally is only 14, for some reason I though he was the typical teen age of 15 or 16.

This issue felt like a breather before we kick off with The Society and Isherwood, but it was fun, I just wished this came twice a month b/c I'm just so impatient for the big fights.

I did enjoy the wisdom that Deathstroke imparted on Wally, he truly makes good arguments, and for some reason it took till now for me to realize that since Deathstroke is/was a villain he can and has given good advice on not only on how to fight other villains but how they think as well.

I'm at confused at seeing Reverse Flash and Killer Frost, Reverse Flash was killed in The Button right ...and Killer Frost is a hero now, so the continuity is not there which is weird b/c Preist is on top of his continuity, unless the showing off of The Society is gonna be similar to how covers sometime showcases characters or things that are unrelated to the plot of an issue, so maybe the characters we see in The Society are just being used to fill up the organization with familiar faces, and what matters is their ultimatum for Deathstroke.

I'm also confused about The Forgotten, did Kiau call the secretary of China who then called someone else to take out Deathstroke? Does Kiau believe seeing Willow and Deathstroke on the same day mean they're working together or if he is hiring someone to kill Deathstroke, is this to get back at Deathstroke for saying no or maybe to force him to help The Lotus.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by kurenai24; 10-04-2017 at 09:14 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I am really curious to see how Wally's duplicity affects his relationships with the team. Slade and the Society feels like putting things in place, as you say, but it's really cool seeing how he is training the team along with Wintergreen.

The Reverse Flash and Killer Frost thing did confuse me as well. Though I'm hoping Priest is playing a game with Killer Frost, and having her be a mole or something. I don't really think that Slade "forgot" about the Society, or doesn't have a plan. That would just be silly.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Gross gross gross gross gross.

spoilers:
    I can't believe that they're implying that Tara and Deathstroke's "illicit" relationship is canon still and that it was all because Slade was reminded of Rose by Tara. That's disgusting.
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Gross gross gross gross gross.

spoilers:
    I can't believe that they're implying that Tara and Deathstroke's "illicit" relationship is canon still and that it was all because Slade was reminded of Rose by Tara. That's disgusting.
    end of spoilers
    But why? Slade is still a villain. Villains do bad things.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    But why? Slade is still a villain. Villains do bad things.
    Because it's disgusting and does nothing for either character?

Plus, the explanation given is that spoilers:
    Tara reminds Slade of Rose. His daughter. He had a sexual relationship with a teenage girl who reminded him of HIS DAUGHTER.
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Spectacular Member

Tara reminds Slade of Rose. His daughter. He had a sexual relationship with a teenage girl who reminded him of HIS DAUGHTER.
    end of spoilers
    I'm with you. spoilers:
    NO to Slade/Tara statutory rape (I assume) and especially no to her reminding him of Rose, that's icky on a whole other level.
    end of spoilers

end of spoilers
    It's disgusting. As the comic stresses. It's not like Priest is saying, "Oh, what a nice romantic relationship, I'm sure it's healthy." Slade is a villain. Villains do disgusting things. And this relationship does do things for both characters.

1) It reminds us that no matter how "good" Slade is currently performing, he's not a good person, and he's not terribly remorseful. I think a lot of people seem to think that if a person is just so bad but not the worst ever bad, that makes it cool or okay.

No. Darth Vader had legitimate sadness over his wife's death, and the loss of his children.

He still slaughtered dozens of innocent kids, and betrayed many who trusted him. He was vile, evil, and disgusting. And people who want to take the complicated in his character and forget the disgusting really bother me.

Slade is a murderer. He isn't a sociopath - he knows right and wrong, and chooses to do wrong anyway. You think he'll say "Oh, I'll murder this person for money, even though it's wrong, but no, I won't have unhealthy sexual relationships, that's wrong too?"

2) It helps give us some insight into Terra's background, and how unhealthy it is. And hopefully it's not as bad as Wolfman and Perez's version, where they basically treated her like an animal who could only do evil. I'm hoping that Priest gives her a chance to do good as well.

I really don't get it. Yes, it's gross. But bad people do bad things like this all the time. Slade's not a hero. Why do we expect him to be heroic in his sex life?

It's disgusting. As the comic stresses. It's not like Priest is saying, "Oh, what a nice romantic relationship, I'm sure it's healthy." Slade is a villain. Villains do disgusting things. And this relationship does do things for both characters.

1) It reminds us that no matter how "good" Slade is currently performing, he's not a good person, and he's not terribly remorseful. I think a lot of people seem to think that if a person is just so bad but not the worst ever bad, that makes it cool or okay.

No. Darth Vader had legitimate sadness over his wife's death, and the loss of his children.

He still slaughtered dozens of innocent kids, and betrayed many who trusted him. He was vile, evil, and disgusting. And people who want to take the complicated in his character and forget the disgusting really bother me.

Slade is a murderer. He isn't a sociopath - he knows right and wrong, and chooses to do wrong anyway. You think he'll say "Oh, I'll murder this person for money, even though it's wrong, but no, I won't have unhealthy sexual relationships, that's wrong too?"

2) It helps give us some insight into Terra's background, and how unhealthy it is. And hopefully it's not as bad as Wolfman and Perez's version, where they basically treated her like an animal who could only do evil. I'm hoping that Priest gives her a chance to do good as well.

I really don't get it. Yes, it's gross. But bad people do bad things like this all the time. Slade's not a hero. Why do we expect him to be heroic in his sex life?
    Heroic and not really in need of other dimension to his evil are different things. Like you said, Darth Vader is a horrible person but is allowed to have postive feeling towards his children. If a new writer made it canon that Vader knew Leia was his daughter and tortured her purely because he reminded him of Padme rather then because they needed information I'd be upset too. Darth Vader is an evil character, but he is nevertheless a character and should be handled with some consistency and respect like any other character. Deathstroke being a pedophile with sexual feelings towards his daughter specifically is a new layer that makes this version of Deathstroke a lot harder for the next writer to pick up and stay consistent to what has come before.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Heroic and not really in need of other dimension to his evil are different things. Like you said, Darth Vader is a horrible person but is allowed to have postive feeling towards his children. If a new writer made it canon that Vader knew Leia was his daughter and tortured her purely because he reminded him of Padme rather then because they needed information I'd be upset too. Darth Vader is an evil character, but he is nevertheless a character and should be handled with some consistency and respect like any other character. Deathstroke being a pedophile with sexual feelings towards his daughter specifically is a new layer that makes this version of Deathstroke a lot harder for the next writer to pick up and stay consistent to what has come before.
    Um. It's my understanding that this isn't something Priest made up, but something that's been pretty hotly debated about Deathstroke based on several storylines in the pre-n52 continuity.

No girl can equal her daughter..

Even Priest mentioned that he is a bad man.. Nothing strange..

BANNED

Wow poor wally slade really gave him a hard time this issue although it will shape him up to be better

Um. It's my understanding that this isn't something Priest made up, but something that's been pretty hotly debated about Deathstroke based on several storylines in the pre-n52 continuity.
    Slade didn't know Rose when he had his thing with Terra, so anyone arguing that pre-new52 Deathstroke was picturing Rose when putting it to Terra is wrong. Not because I want Deathstroke to be a better person, but that is just not what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Slade didn't know Rose when he had his thing with Terra, so anyone arguing that pre-new52 Deathstroke was picturing Rose when putting it to Terra is wrong. Not because I want Deathstroke to be a better person, but that is just not what happened.
    No, I thought there was a long-running debate about what Slade's feelings for Rose were based on the 2000s storylines. Not having read those (because that particular version of Deathstroke doesn't interest me, nuking Bludhaven and all), I don't know. I just remember reading about them.

Mighty Member

That page where Slade embarrasses Wally is pure gold. Also I'm cool with the Slade/Terra situation. He's a morally repugnant douche. He always had been.