Page 15 of 85 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Anyone else feel like the recent solicit ramping feels a bit like a crescendo and with Priest getting the JL gig, as well as this book not selling amazingly (steady, but not amazingly), it could be coming to a conclusion in the early part of next year?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    The annual tho, somebody from team Defiance dies, no I like them all, maybe they're including Adeline into this and she dies or something.

Edit: Yes at having two comics for January.
    I am indeed excited for this. Plus it says a new direction, meaning it's still not cancelled!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Anyone else feel like the recent solicit ramping feels a bit like a crescendo and with Priest getting the JL gig, as well as this book not selling amazingly (steady, but not amazingly), it could be coming to a conclusion in the early part of next year?
    Shh, lets not say this out loud into the universe, let us instead think postitive thoughts. Plus, I believe they mentioned at NYCC that not cancelling low selling comics has helped them stabalize and they had specifically mentioned Deathstroke so maybe this book has another year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I am indeed excited for this. Plus it says a new direction, meaning it's still not cancelled!
    Hopefully this new direction includes Priest, which I think it will, maybe I'll ask on his blog, maybe he'll respond.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mighty Member

I would be so disappointed if Priest leaves. Also I just love the team so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I would be so disappointed if Priest leaves. Also I just love the team so much.
    That would be terrible. I read the James Bonny issues of Superman starring Deathstroke, and it was...not good. It wasn't quite as bad as Liefield Deathstroke, but it was really dull.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'd be fine with Priest leaving and the Defiance characters being folded into Teen/Titans or an upcoming Young Justice title. Tanya's dynamic with Tim's Titans is worth it, and Wally is back with the Teen Titans... where Terra would fit in just fine because Beast Boy, Raven, and Starfire are there. I feel that Deathstroke is better as a character that appears every now and again, as opposed to having his own solo, either in an antagonistic or somewhat even protagonistic role.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I'd be fine with Priest leaving and the Defiance characters being folded into Teen/Titans or an upcoming Young Justice title. Tanya's dynamic with Tim's Titans is worth it, and Wally is back with the Teen Titans... where Terra would fit in just fine because Beast Boy, Raven, and Starfire are there. I feel that Deathstroke is better as a character that appears every now and again, as opposed to having his own solo, either in an antagonistic or somewhat even protagonistic role.
    But both of those books are mediocre ...especially Titans, Priest is giving attention to the team while still interweaving past and future storylines.

Teen Titans is Damian and team, and Titans is ..idek what it is, but I do know Bumblebee feels like an outlier and Tempest feels forgotten.

Edit: A Young Justice comic would take a while to happen, and boo waiting.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 10-17-2017 at 08:47 PM.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

But both of those books are mediocre ...especially Titans, Priest is giving attention to the team while still interweaving past and future storylines.

Teen Titans is Damian and team, and Titans is ..idek what it is, but I do know Bumblebee feels like an outlier and Tempest feels forgotten.
    Yeah. I mean, I'd be happy as long as the number of Priest books went up, but I don't want him to lose Deathstroke, especially since the story he's telling is so engaging.

Some old interviews with Priest about Deathstroke, gives you an idea of how he views Deathstroke; posting the Superman one in the Priest writing Justice League thread.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/08/th...-year-absence/

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/nov...s-deathstroke/

~~

~~

Now I'm DEEPLY interested in how Priest writes Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman and the rest, since he's so against a lot of what has built up around them. I'm really glad that he was willing to say yes to this assignment, and hope he stays on for at least a year - but I'm worried that he's going to leave after just a few months because of how much editorial demands of Justice League writers. It's a book pulled in so many directions, and I feel that Priest would kick it out of the park if he were allowed to just write it, but I think there's a solid chance he'll just leave if they poke at him too much.

Maybe I'm just too pessimistic. I have really high hopes for it.

Since Twilight is available digitally now, I burned through everything but Lazarus Contract last night, and my goodness, this series is so masterful read all in one chunk. It did highlight the art difficulties, though-Pagulayan, Bennett, and Neves are all good together, but the inker changes are still not good, and Cary Nord is fine but does not fit with the other artists.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Now I'm DEEPLY interested in how Priest writes Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman and the rest, since he's so against a lot of what has built up around them. I'm really glad that he was willing to say yes to this assignment, and hope he stays on for at least a year - but I'm worried that he's going to leave after just a few months because of how much editorial demands of Justice League writers. It's a book pulled in so many directions, and I feel that Priest would kick it out of the park if he were allowed to just write it, but I think there's a solid chance he'll just leave if they poke at him too much.

Maybe I'm just too pessimistic. I have really high hopes for it.
    Did you see the link someone posted about his thoughts on Wonder Woman in the 'Priest writes Justice League' thread, I am so curious if his thoughts on Wonder Woman has changed since I believe DC was under a different management when he worked with them.

Priest is so blunt and I love it, but I'm kind of scared he'll push the stans away just for mentioning why he doesn't like their fave, even if his reasoning are sound.

~~

I've read through the Deathstroke series in preparation for the Defiance arc, once that arc is done, I'm probably gonna read through the whole series again. This series is such a fast read for me, and I feel like it flows even better when you read it altogether.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 10-22-2017 at 08:23 PM.

~~

~~

Did you see the link someone posted about his thoughts Wonder Woman in the Priest writes Justice League thread, I am so curious if his thoughts on Wonder Woman has changed since I believe DC is under a different management when he worked with them.

Priest is so blunt and I love it, but I'm kind of scared he'll push the stans away just for mentioning why he doesn't like their fave, even if his reasoning are sound.

~~

I've thread through the series in preparation for the Defiance arc, once that arc is done, I'm probably gonna read through the whole series again. This is series is such a fast read for me, and I feel like it flows even better when you read it altogether.
    I don't know which thoughts those were, but I did read a TON of the essays on his blog, including the one he wrote about his two experiences writing Wonder Woman. I'm very interested to see what he does with ALL of the League - and knowing how thoughtful and careful Priest is in setting things up, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of his Deathstroke stuff paying off (in a subtle, new-reader friendly way) in Justice League.

I hope he just does what he thinks tells the best story, and ignores the shrieks. He seems to be willing to listen but not to pander, which is a quality I love in a writer - similar to Tom King.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I'll believe this crap is real when I see a poster.