Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Tbh, after the success of Deadpool, I figured it was only an matter of time before we get a Deathstroke movie. The director of the Raid movies? Holy shit, that would be a sight to see.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

If they do it, I hope they go the Priest route, and not the other ones.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Which reminds me...I was wrong. Even though I was supposed to go into DS Vol 1 with an open mind, I really didn't and my anxiety wouldn't let me forget about it. So I went back and, yeah, it's pretty excellent.

Mind you, it didn't make me think any more highly of Slade as a character, and I maintain the first couple issues are a weak start, but the rest is fantastic

Not interested enough to read anymore of this still, but it was great for what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Which reminds me...I was wrong. Even though I was supposed to go into DS Vol 1 with an open mind, I really didn't and my anxiety wouldn't let me forget about it. So I went back and, yeah, it's pretty excellent.

Mind you, it didn't make me think any more highly of Slade as a character, and I maintain the first couple issues are a weak start, but the rest is fantastic

Not interested enough to read anymore of this still, but it was great for what it was.
    This makes me very happy.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Tbh, I wanted a tv series.

I'll believe this crap is real when I see a poster.
    Same, how many other movies are suppose to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Tbh, after the success of Deadpool, I figured it was only an matter of time before we get a Deathstroke movie. The director of the Raid movies? Holy shit, that would be a sight to see.
    You bring up a good point with Deadpool, so maybe they'll actually try to get this out in the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    If they do it, I hope they go the Priest route, and not the other ones.
    For a tv series, I think it would follow Priest, for a movie tho, I think only the personalities and family dynamics would be Priest like but everything else would follow others writers cause all of the bang bang shoot em up stories.

I had thought that maybe you would be resistant b/c it wasn't you yourself who decided to give this comic a chance but someone else kind of "forcing" you which would make you resistant to the story.

I am glad you were able to like the story the second go around.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Tbh, I wanted a tv series.

For a tv series, I think it would follow Priest, for a movie tho, I think only the personalities and family dynamics would be Priest like but everything else would follow others writers cause all of the bang bang shoot em up stories.
    Completely agree. I want a Deathstroke TV series way more than a movie, though Arrow using Deathstroke so much probably kills that.

DC has thankfully realized how great Priest’s Deathstroke has been so hopefully Geoff Johns will push the film’s creative team toward his run. They need to avoid the mindless New 52 series.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    DC has thankfully realized how great Priest’s Deathstroke has been so hopefully Geoff Johns will push the film’s creative team toward his run. They need to avoid the mindless New 52 series.
    I agree, but we don't know what the director pitched to WB and he's reading new 52 going by Instagram.

I don't mind them going that route if they are just taking the action storylines from it I guess, but the personality, the dynamics, the relationships needs to come from Priest or it will be just a hollow action flick.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

~~

~~

Riddler as a guest star. Now that is interesting. And hallucinatory bizzaro flashbacks.

I have to say that Slade's dad, Slade himself, and Joseph look like exact copies of each other, I wonder if that played into how Jericho was treated as a child or if it really was the fact that Grant got the brunt of Slade's negative feelings for being the oldest.

~~

~~

Ah, this was so satisfying, and I am so ready for next month.

I need to reread - I LOVE the moral debate, though the cliffhanger ending left me a bit frustrated. I'm really glad they dealt with the Killer Frost issue (and well, as we expect from Priest).

Oh, and don't forget we have the Annual at the end of this month!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Oh, and don't forget we have the Annual at the end of this month!
    I thought the annual was in January(?).

~~

~~