Page 18 of 85 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    LOL, she's just so chill at being a horrible human being who doesn't give a **** about anything and anybody. And I LOVE her for that! Eternal shame to the "genius" who one day -- probably immediately after Priest is done with her, though I hope I'm dead wrong -- will have the bright idea to make her a poor victim of the circumstances who was forced to become a villain (seriously, f*ck Teen Titans).
    It does however beg the question of what to do with Terra once Defiance goes up in smoke, as it appears to be doing. Like the others will either sink into obscurity again or turn hero or anti-hero. But as you say, Terra doesn't seem to give a hoot about anything.
    So does she go villain? Or does she end up dead as the sacrificial lamb that puts Defiance out of action?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    It does however beg the question of what to do with Terra once Defiance goes up in smoke, as it appears to be doing. Like the others will either sink into obscurity again or turn hero or anti-hero. But as you say, Terra doesn't seem to give a hoot about anything.
    So does she go villain? Or does she end up dead as the sacrificial lamb that puts Defiance out of action?

She either gets killed off or goes full chaotic neutral.

I don't think Priest will off her at the end of Defiance. Ever since I read the news of him being the new JL writer, I can't shake the feeling that his collaboration with DC isn't going to be a short-term affair. And given that he's not the kind of writer who likes introducing characters just to waste or kill them (looking at you, GJ ) we could see her pop up in the League title in the future.

And no, I wouldn't mind seeing her stay on the side of devils forever. It may be because I haven't yet gotten over Harley Quinn becoming a poor (and horny) man's Deadpool, or fothermuckin' Killer Frost joining the JLA because Caitlin Snow from The Flash is popular, but I don't want to see intriguing (or potentially intriguing) super-villainesses forced into heroic/anti-heroic role and ending up being tedious or just plain bland.

Astonishing Member

I don't think Priest will off her at the end of Defiance. Ever since I read the news of him being the new JL writer, I can't shake the feeling that his collaboration with DC isn't going to be a short-term affair. And given that he's not the kind of writer who likes introducing characters just to waste or kill them (looking at you, GJ ) we could see her pop up in the League title in the future.

And no, I wouldn't mind seeing her stay on the side of devils forever. It may be because I haven't yet gotten over Harley Quinn becoming a poor (and horny) man's Deadpool, or fothermuckin' Killer Frost joining the JLA because Caitlin Snow from The Flash is popular, but I don't want to see intriguing (or potentially intriguing) super-villainesses forced into heroic/anti-heroic role and ending up being tedious or just plain bland.
    I can't see her showing up in JL. She's in a weird place. She doesn't have her history with the TT but apparently the New 52 stuff is partly canon which explains her grudge with Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I can't see her showing up in JL. She's in a weird place. She doesn't have her history with the TT but apparently the New 52 stuff is partly canon which explains her grudge with Rose.
    And that's exactly the reason she should be moved to different horizons. Let's face the harsh reality: the Teen Titans franchise has been a sewer ever since all the promise shown by Geoff Johns's relaunch following Graduation Day went straight into the dumpster. From that moment nothing worthwhile has ever appeared on the pages of a comic with "Titans" in the title, with the apexes of quality being readable but immediately forgettable books. I'm personally tired of waiting for the relaunch that will make the TT shine again.

As far as I'm concerned, the characters tied to the franchise are well beyond the "every man for himself and God for everybody" stage. Just dismantle the whole thing and, if in 10 or 20 years an author finds a really good pitch for something that looks like a Titans team, give him/her free rein so that the whole thing can start from scratch.

In fairness, the Killer Frost in JLA is literally a different character from the last one who uses the name.

BANNED

Anyways, I think Terra is likely going to get killed once Defiance is over, because right now she has nowhere to really go. She's not connected to anyone any longer, and for the most part her impact to anyone was to turn evil and die... plus you have a much more likable Terra in Atlee.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In fairness, the Killer Frost in JLA is literally a different character from the last one who uses the name.
    Hasn't there been something like 3 Killer Frosts?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Great! Now we all have to withstand her redemption path from so many unspeakable crimes that we were not shown! Geez, when I thought she couldn't possibly become more unappealing and boring.

Anyways, I think Terra is likely going to get killed once Defiance is over, because right now she has nowhere to really go. She's not connected to anyone any longer, and for the most part her impact to anyone was to turn evil and die...
    She's not connected to anyone any longer? Well, this may sound like heresy in these days, but what if a writer -- you know -- chose to take her and build connection to different characters? Seriously, what's the point of freezing every relationship to what was the status quo 30 years ago? What is even the point of reading comics anymore if everything must compulsorily follow the paradigm that was all the rage three decades ago? Especially since good writing was the factor that made those connections unforgettable and, especially in Titans books, good writing is more and more a chimera.

plus you have a much more likable Terra in Atlee.
    I have... *pffft* Ok, you obviously couldn't know that, but the exact moment I lost the last sliver of interest in the DCYou Starfire series was when I saw that Atlee was going to be part of it. I remember that, after reading the passage where she explains that she was conceived to be the greatest, most powerful and most perfect inhabitant of her underground civilization, the first thought that crossed my mind was: "what a pity McKeever doesn't work at DC anymore. I'd love to see a page where you're mauled and dismembered in bloody, gory detail".

Yep, a much more likable Terra indeed.

Astonishing Member

Great! Now we all have to withstand her redemption path from so many unspeakable crimes that we were not shown! Geez, when I thought she couldn't possibly become more unappealing and boring.

She's not connected to anyone any longer? Well, this may sound like heresy in these days, but what if a writer -- you know -- chose to take her and build connection to different characters? Seriously, what's the point of freezing every relationship to what was the status quo 30 years ago? What is even the point of reading comics anymore if everything must compulsorily follow the paradigm that was all the rage three decades ago? Especially since good writing was the factor that made those connections unforgettable and, especially in Titans books, good writing is more and more a chimera.

I have... *pffft* Ok, you obviously couldn't know that, but the exact moment I lost the last sliver of interest in the DCYou Starfire series was when I saw that Atlee was going to be part of it. I remember that, after reading the passage where she explains that she was conceived to be the greatest, most powerful and most perfect inhabitant of her underground civilization, the first thought that crossed my mind was: "what a pity McKeever doesn't work at DC anymore. I'd love to see a page where you're mauled and dismembered in bloody, gory detail".

Yep, a much more likable Terra indeed.
    Atlee is okay when she's with Power Girl.Having her show up in Starfire's comic was weird.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Anyways, I think Terra is likely going to get killed once Defiance is over, because right now she has nowhere to really go. She's not connected to anyone any longer, and for the most part her impact to anyone was to turn evil and die... plus you have a much more likable Terra in Atlee.
    See, I very much doubt this. Very, very much. The chances of her merging into Teen Titans to be with Raven and Beast Boy and Starfire are much more likely than her being killed off (AGAIN) because those are the characters with connections to her in most media (not to mention Kid Flash, her Defiance teammate, and that she and Gar were in a relationship before Ravagers closed), and a redeemable Terra is much more viable than one that's not... and Atlee, for that matter, who is a character that no writer seems to have interest in other than her creators.

Tara will be fine, even if she's shelved for a while.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Spectacular Member

OK, so based on the new comic,spoilers:
    I don't think it was Isherwood who killed Etienne, guess Adeline is back to being the prime suspect. I'm surprised Slade didn't know about Joey/Dave, didn't Etienne show him that pic she found on the phone? Guess I have to go back and check. He really is out of the loop on all of this. I do agree with him that it's a bit creepy for Dave to hook up with Joey, who he's known since he was a child, even if Joey was legal when it happened. I really liked this issue, this comic keeps delivering. Also monster Canadian- Justin Bieber joke, lol.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    See, I very much doubt this. Very, very much. The chances of her merging into Teen Titans to be with Raven and Beast Boy and Starfire are much more likely than her being killed off (AGAIN) because those are the characters with connections to her in most media (not to mention Kid Flash, her Defiance teammate, and that she and Gar were in a relationship before Ravagers closed), and a redeemable Terra is much more viable than one that's not... and Atlee, for that matter, who is a character that no writer seems to have interest in other than her creators.

Tara will be fine, even if she's shelved for a while.
    I’m not sure that Ravagers is even still considered canon. Honestly the less they refer to that series, the better.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I’m not sure that Ravagers is even still considered canon. Honestly the less they refer to that series, the better.
    Virtually everything is canon, and if Slade and Terra have history in the current continuity then Ravagers probably is as well.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy_b View Post
    OK, so based on the new comic,spoilers:
    I don't think it was Isherwood who killed Etienne, guess Adeline is back to being the prime suspect. I'm surprised Slade didn't know about Joey/Dave, didn't Etienne show him that pic she found on the phone? Guess I have to go back and check. He really is out of the loop on all of this. I do agree with him that it's a bit creepy for Dave to hook up with Joey, who he's known since he was a child, even if Joey was legal when it happened. I really liked this issue, this comic keeps delivering. Also monster Canadian- Justin Bieber joke, lol.
    end of spoilers
    I think you're probably right. I'm really curious to know what the whole Etienne thing is - though I think the Wall should also be a suspect.

Priest is just a consummate professional of a writer - knocking it out of the park every month. I do not regret at all adding this to my pull list. (Though did anyone see in the Justice League interviews that Priest is spoiling upcoming stuff for Deathstroke... )

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Virtually everything is canon, and if Slade and Terra have history in the current continuity then Ravagers probably is as well.
    It's probably "canon" in the same way that most of the n52 is at this point. That is, if the writers choose to pull from it, then the stuff they pulled is canon, but nothing else can be assumed. After all, this whole series ignores the fact that nearly all of Slade's family was dead dead dead at the end of the n52.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think you're probably right. I'm really curious to know what the whole Etienne thing is - though I think the Wall should also be a suspect.

Priest is just a consummate professional of a writer - knocking it out of the park every month. I do not regret at all adding this to my pull list. (Though did anyone see in the Justice League interviews that Priest is spoiling upcoming stuff for Deathstroke... )

The Wall should always be a suspect, that's true. I still think it'll be someone out of left field that we're not that suspicious of.

I'm not reading Justice League, what did Priest say about Deathstroke?