Page 19 of 85 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Virtually everything is canon, and if Slade and Terra have history in the current continuity then Ravagers probably is as well.
    Yeah, but it was still a pretty awful series and I’d rather they just never bring it up again.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy_b View Post
    The Wall should always be a suspect, that's true. I still think it'll be someone out of left field that we're not that suspicious of.

I'm not reading Justice League, what did Priest say about Deathstroke?
    I think you may very well be right about who really killed Ettiene. Only people I'm pretty sure didn't do it are Joey, Wintergreen, Rose, Hosun, Tayna, and Wally.

Priest was just saying that in the Annual coming up next year, Slade is not going to stick to trying to be a hero. But solicits have already pretty much confirmed that.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

This was a great issue, and once again everything connects together b/c Claire is the nun that works with the priest who knows Isherwood.

Also I've wondered once defiance is done what's gonna happen to Tanya b/c yeah she could disappear from the book completely if Priest wanted but I'm questioning the fact that now Tanya's home is well known to Slade, Adeline, and the rest of the main characters in this book and is no longer secret, after this team, Tanya is gonna be super exposed, to say the least.

OK, so based on the new comic,spoilers:
    I don't think it was Isherwood who killed Etienne, guess Adeline is back to being the prime suspect. I'm surprised Slade didn't know about Joey/Dave, didn't Etienne show him that pic she found on the phone? Guess I have to go back and check. He really is out of the loop on all of this. I do agree with him that it's a bit creepy for Dave to hook up with Joey, who he's known since he was a child, even if Joey was legal when it happened. I really liked this issue, this comic keeps delivering. Also monster Canadian- Justin Bieber joke, lol.
    end of spoilers
    Etienne died after founding about Joey and Dave so no she never revealed anything to Slade.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    This was a great issue, and once again everything connects together b/c Claire is the nun that works with the priest who knows Isherwood.

Also I've wondered once defiance is done what's gonna happen to Tanya b/c yeah she could disappear from the book completely if Priest wanted but I'm questioning the fact that now Tanya's home is well known to Slade, Adeline, and the rest of the main characters in this book and is no longer secret, after this team, Tanya is gonna be super exposed, to say the least.

Etienne died after founding about Joey and Dave so no she never revealed anything to Slade.
    Yes! I really love how Priest is slowly but perfectly putting all the plot pieces together. The way Claire's plot is integrating into the team's plot is really solid stuff.

I, too, am really concerned about ALL the team members after Defiance implodes. UNLESS Priest is pitching a Defiance team book without Slade, or they're all going to be absorbed into the current Teen Titans book.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Mighty Member

I would read a team Defiance book actually. Joey is a great leader and even Kid Flash is tolerable. Also, that last page of this issue was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I would read a team Defiance book actually. Joey is a great leader and even Kid Flash is tolerable. Also, that last page of this issue was hilarious.
    I know, right? That POSE!

I forgot to ask, did anyone read the Holiday special with Deathstroke?

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

I forgot to ask, did anyone read the Holiday special with Deathstroke?
    Yup. It was classic Priest - takes place in the past, when Grant and Joseph were both still kids and Addy and Slade were still married. Before all the flashbacks of Grant running away and the bear, I think. Incredibly cynical, as befits a Deathstroke comic, but also very tragic. Really nice to see Tom Grummett, of 1990s Robin fame, on art. It doesn't really add new information about Slade or his family, but it's a really nicely crafted little story.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think you may very well be right about who really killed Ettiene. Only people I'm pretty sure didn't do it are Joey, Wintergreen, Rose, Hosun, Tayna, and Wally.

Priest was just saying that in the Annual coming up next year, Slade is not going to stick to trying to be a hero. But solicits have already pretty much confirmed that.
    Yeaaaaah, I'd be shocked if it's one of the above. Unless Joey had a psychotic episode he's not aware of, but with Slade's 'my son doesn't kill' and them having David kinda survive, I don't see them have Joey actually kill anyone, ever, let alone his fiance.

Ah yeah, saw those solicits, so no big surprise there.
    Last edited by Ivy_b; 12-07-2017 at 08:46 AM.

Yeaaaaah, I'd be shocked if it's one of the above. Unless Joey had a psychotic episode he's not aware of, but with Slade's 'my son doesn't kill' and them having David kinda survive, I don't see them have Joey actually kill anyone, ever, let alone his fiancee.

Ah yeah, saw those solicits, so no big surprise there.
    Joey having a psychotic episode feels wrong for how Priest has written the series and twists. He's been big on people being actually responsible for the wrong things they do.

Spectacular Member

Joey having a psychotic episode feels wrong for how Priest has written the series and twists. He's been big on people being actually responsible for the wrong things they do.
    I mean, Joey kinda got a pass for attempted murder, but with his victim forgiving him, nobody else knowing about it till now, how it ate him up inside and him getting help... I also really can't see Priest just having him him actually kill someone as a twist.

Yup. It was classic Priest - takes place in the past, when Grant and Joseph were both still kids and Addy and Slade were still married. Before all the flashbacks of Grant running away and the bear, I think. Incredibly cynical, as befits a Deathstroke comic, but also very tragic. Really nice to see Tom Grummett, of 1990s Robin fame, on art. It doesn't really add new information about Slade or his family, but it's a really nicely crafted little story.
    So then it can almost be taken as canon, I will search out this book for this one story or maybe I should ask how were the other stories.

~~

~~

So then it can almost be taken as canon, I will search out this book for this one story or maybe I should ask how were the other stories.
    I really, really liked 90% of the stories. Just one or two I thought were meh or bad. They really put the name brand talent on both art and writing this year, unlike last year.

I think most of the book is canon, though it's not super consequential, so it doesn't really make a difference if it's not.

So uh that cover to the March solicitation of Deathstroke has team Defiance but no Tanya, is this the team member he kills(?)

~~

~~

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

So uh that cover to the March solicitation of Deathstroke has team Defiance but no Tanya, is this the team member he kills(?)
    ... probably. Unfortunately she's THE most expendable member.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey