Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I was thinking of picking this series up regularly with the status quo shift, haven't read any of it so I'm wondering if it's worth picking up the rest of the series?
    One of the standout runs in Rebirth def worth picking up.

Slade quoting the bible well i never. Fantastic issue. Really really loving Tanya in this never too to her in the nu52 TT but here she rocks.

Damn you DC why can't Damian be part of this team?!

This was a good issue, I loved Slade quoting the bible, despite being a "changed man" he can't express his feelings without going overboard and this is another example. I also feel like some people may not believe Tanya would "forgive" him, but who says she really does and I mean once again his own kids are being gluttons for punishment.

I was very surprised to see Adeline here, but maybe the team is gonna be working under the government, and I think that's what she does, so maybe she's the one who's gonna be handing out missions and be a liasion between the team and whatever department of the gov't they work under; there should also be some good tension between her and Rose and her and Slade.

I am wondering how Terra fits into this and what history she will be following and what history will be ignored.

Also wondering how Wally the 2nd is gonna join.

And I'm very curious about their headquarters, is it new or are they using Tanya's base of operations which covers a whole city block.

And if they're "the dark titans" I wonder what kind of stuff there gonna be getting Into.

I'm excited for this team.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Spectacular Member

Never thought I'd see Slade quoting the bible to win an argument.

Zombie-Isherwood totally killed Etienne.

I'm here for this new team Slade is forming, should be fun.

For me biggest surprise was "license to steal" line referring to birth control pills. Really didn't expect to see something like that in today's comics.

Anyway, I hope that next couple of issues will add some info on how exactly #18 cliffhanger was resolved because now it feels a bit too jarring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy_b View Post
    Never thought I'd see Slade quoting the bible to win an argument.

Zombie-Isherwood totally killed Etienne.

I'm here for this new team Slade is forming, should be fun.
    Thought never really crossed my mind until now. When did Isherwood wake up, in issue #17?

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    For me biggest surprise was "license to steal" line referring to birth control pills. Really didn't expect to see something like that in today's comics.
    Why did you find that surprising?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm guessing the next issue is probably a better starting on point than this one, since this issue was moreso a epilogue.

Astonishing Member

First time the "Slade's own eeeeeevil (not really/shades of grey) Titans" concept has ever actually appealed to me. That was my big draw with the T/TT/D crossover, actually. The crossover itself was not altogether pulled off with the best plotting or anything, however, the actual fallout is very promising to me. So I can forgive it for being a C+/B- crossover as long as the titles go back to being A+ (or in Titans' case, B-ish) but do good things with the fallout.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    First time the "Slade's own eeeeeevil (not really/shades of grey) Titans" concept has ever actually appealed to me. That was my big draw with the T/TT/D crossover, actually. The crossover itself was not altogether pulled off with the best plotting or anything, however, the actual fallout is very promising to me. So I can forgive it for being a C+/B- crossover as long as the titles go back to being A+ (or in Titans' case, B-ish) but do good things with the fallout.
    Pretty much the same! I hate crossovers on principle, and the Teen/Titans concept specifically, but I am incredibly pumped for the new story arc!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm guessing the next issue is probably a better starting on point than this one, since this issue was moreso a epilogue.
    Yep, next issue is Defiance Part One.

~~

~~

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Yep, next issue is Defiance Part One.
    I think this issue is pretty good for starting, because it explains why Deathstroke says he's doing what he's doing, more than I expect the next issue will.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think this issue is pretty good for starting, because it explains why Deathstroke says he's doing what he's doing, more than I expect the next issue will.
    True, but I figured with the Isherwood drama and Slade quoting bible verses, it may confuse people.

~~

~~

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    True, but I figured with the Isherwood drama and Slade quoting bible verses, it may confuse people.
    Might as well get them started now! Priest's run is one for those who pay attention and reread. I don't think the first part of Defiance is going to be less demanding, thankfully!

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Why did you find that surprising?
    Because it is not positive comparison.