Page 20 of 85 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So uh that cover to the March solicitation of Deathstroke has team Defiance but no Tanya, is this the team member he kills(?)
    That seems unlikely, to me. But I'm not good at predicting Priest's plots, so...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I was looking for #27 preview, finally found it 4chan, really cool that we get a bit Terra backstory as well as her relationship with Slade, I am a bit confused on which titans team she joined, I guess it'd be Dick's but doesn't she have a stronger relationship with 3 of the characters on Damian's in which case if it's not Dick's team she joined then it could be Tim's...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I was looking for #27 preview, finally found it 4chan, really cool that we get a bit Terra backstory as well as her relationship with Slade, I am a bit confused on which titans team she joined, I guess it'd be Dick's but doesn't she have a stronger relationship with 3 of the characters on Damian's in which case if it's not Dick's team she joined then it could be Tim's...
    Link to this?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fantastic Member

Assuming Priest isn't doing his own thing, it would have to be Dick/Wally/Donna's version of the Teen Titans. Slade mentioned his memory of how Grant died was blanked out during the Deathstroke issue of the crossover which was the result of Kadabra wiping people's memories of Wally away years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Link to this?
    Here you go!

I think it's definitely the original Teen Titans considering Slade mentions the Lazarus Contract which he made with Dick.
    Last edited by Rend20; 01-02-2018 at 05:24 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Assuming Priest isn't doing his own thing, it would have to be Dick/Wally/Donna's version of the Teen Titans. Slade mentioned his memory of how Grant died was blanked out during the Deathstroke issue of the crossover which was the result of Kadabra wiping people's memories of Wally away years ago.

Here you go!

I think it's definitely the original Teen Titans considering Slade mentions the Lazarus Contract which he made with Dick.
    Thank you!

I agree that it probably has to be Dick's version of the Teen Titans, but at the same time, that doesn't jibe with how old Terra seems to be in present day - she looks like she's still the same age that she was when she worked with Deathstroke unless there was death shenanigans here. But, if he's getting back at the Titans for killing Grant, it HAS to be the Robin, Wonder Girl, Omen, Arsenal, Kid Flash, Aqualad group.

Hm... I hope it's touched on later, but to be honest of what's being kept I'm not sure that I like what I see. I'm not a huge fan of Priest's sympathetic Deathstroke.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

I assume its Dick's group. Terra was never on a team with Tim.

The only Titans member Terra should know is Beast Boy based on New 52...Its really hard to determine what really happened with these characters.

In an earlier issue, Tanya talks about how Rose's sword is made from a futuristic metal which is a direct reference to the New 52 TT arc where Impulse was a terrorist from the future. Terra having a grudge against Rose makes sense based on their interactions in the New 52. How much of the New 52 is canon?

Timeline guess:
    1.Terra is briefly a member of Dick's TT. Since Judas Contract never happened, I assume she left the team on her own.
    2. Gets captured by Harvest meets Rose and Beast Boy.
    3.Escapes Harvest with Beast Boy, has several unpleasant encounters with Rose and is eventually separated from him.
    4. Works as a bodyguard until she gets recruited t join Team Defiance.

Astonishing Member

Thank you!

I agree that it probably has to be Dick's version of the Teen Titans, but at the same time, that doesn't jibe with how old Terra seems to be in present day - she looks like she's still the same age that she was when she worked with Deathstroke unless there was death shenanigans here. But, if he's getting back at the Titans for killing Grant, it HAS to be the Robin, Wonder Girl, Omen, Arsenal, Kid Flash, Aqualad group.

Hm... I hope it's touched on later, but to be honest of what's being kept I'm not sure that I like what I see. I'm not a huge fan of Priest's sympathetic Deathstroke.
    Deathstroke is a weird character. Writers always find ways of justifying his sketchy actions. Priest comes close to falling into that trap(or he may have already fallen into this trap depending on how you view things) but he doesn't go as far as Wolfman did. Wolfman tried to fool readers into thinking Slade was a good guy while constantly showing him to be a scumbag. Priest doesn't push Slade as a hero, he shows him to be a scumbag but comes off as slightly sympathetic because of how screwed up he is.

Fantastic Member

But, if he's getting back at the Titans for killing Grant, it HAS to be the Robin, Wonder Girl, Omen, Arsenal, Kid Flash, Aqualad group.
    The only way it works in the new timeline is if it was that group. Slade wouldn't be using her to get to the Titans if he forgot how Grant died after Wally disappeared. The age thing is hard to figure out, but I think it possibly works if she's around 20 (might be a stretch) while the Titans are currently 22-ish.

It being mentioned that the Titans gave her sanctuary to protect her also provides a little leeway about whether or not she was officially a member of the team.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    The only way it works in the new timeline is if it was that group. Slade wouldn't be using her to get to the Titans if he forgot how Grant died after Wally disappeared. The age thing is hard to figure out, but I think it possibly works if she's around 20 (might be a stretch) while the Titans are currently 22-ish.

It being mentioned that the Titans gave her sanctuary to protect her also provides a little leeway about whether or not she was officially a member of the team.
    There's a huge fly in the ointment that you guys are forgetting. In the Judas Contract, the only reason that Terra flies into a rage at all is because she senses Deathstroke loves his wife and kid and gets jealous, meaning that Joey and Adeline had to have been there. That doesn't fly with the fact that nobody on Dick's Titans (except for Wally) knew who Jericho was during the Lazarus Contract crossover.

So, Priest is dropping NTT continuity in here, even if it doesn't fit with the current landscape.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I assume its Dick's group. Terra was never on a team with Tim.

The only Titans member Terra should know is Beast Boy based on New 52...Its really hard to determine what really happened with these characters.

In an earlier issue, Tanya talks about how Rose's sword is made from a futuristic metal which is a direct reference to the New 52 TT arc where Impulse was a terrorist from the future. Terra having a grudge against Rose makes sense based on their interactions in the New 52. How much of the New 52 is canon?

Timeline guess:
    1.Terra is briefly a member of Dick's TT. Since Judas Contract never happened, I assume she left the team on her own.
    2. Gets captured by Harvest meets Rose and Beast Boy.
    3.Escapes Harvest with Beast Boy, has several unpleasant encounters with Rose and is eventually separated from him.
    4. Works as a bodyguard until she gets recruited t join Team Defiance.
    I'd wager that much of the New 52 is no longer canon. I mean, Beast Boy isn't red anymore, is he? Also the flashbacks here pretty much make it obvious that Judas Contract did happen, at least in some form. We have Terra obviously working to destroy the Titans and that whole scene at the end where she freaks out and tries to bring the whole building down.

I enjoyed the issue, it was fun, although it seems we are building so much momentum for the end of this arc which to makes it seem like some payoffs are being held back until the very last issue of this arc instead of it being sprinkled in every few issues like before.

I don't think Priest is making Deathstroke sympathetic, Priest has said that he views Deathstroke as a villain, not a hero, not anti-hero, not a vigilante, but a straight up bad guy, but I think that b/c Priest is writing Deathstroke as a 3 dimensional character readers can come away with different interpretations of how they view Deathstroke to be written.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Always Rakzo

Deathstroke this week has been the strongest it has been in a while. I love how Priest is not afraid to introduce the most problematic aspects from Slade's history and giving them an interesting twist to fit into his vision. Slade is a bad guy, plain and simple.

Great art from Neves as well. Great all around.

I liked too this chapter, even if I am not fan of Terra..

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I enjoyed the issue, it was fun, although it seems we are building so much momentum for the end of this arc which to makes it seem like some payoffs are being held back until the very last issue of this arc instead of it being sprinkled in every few issues like before.

I don't think Priest is making Deathstroke sympathetic, Priest has said that he views Deathstroke as a villain, not a hero, not anti-hero, not a vigilante, but a straight up bad guy, but I think that b/c Priest is writing Deathstroke as a 3 dimensional character readers can come away with different interpretations of how they view Deathstroke to be written.
    I really enjoyed seeing Priest get to do some of the stuff he wasn't allowed to do in the crossover, making Terra's history with Slade a thing again. I agree that Deathstroke isn't supposed to be some kind of hero - but I think what you say about him be three dimensional is exactly the case. We can't sympathize with his unwillingness or inability to have healthy relationships with those he loves, or his choice to murder for money, but his skill and the fact that he does love his family do make us have some connection with him. I don't know if that's sympathy or not, but I care a lot about Priest's Slade and his screwed up bunch of peeps.

I'm really hopeful that Priest gets a full run on this, since so much of what is being paid off right now is stuff that was set up at the very beginning of the run.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

So that twist with Rose is interesting, not sure what to think about it (is it possible she did kill Etienne and not know it? Is she possessed? Split personality? The head trauma she got?)

Glad to see Terra's history fleshed out and having Wintergreen judge Slade for it, because he deserves to be judged.

Well... Guess Joey taking a tumble is karma for what he did to Isherwood. I'm sure he'll be alright.