Page 21 of 85 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy_b View Post
    So that twist with Rose is interesting, not sure what to think about it (is it possible she did kill Etienne and not know it? Is she possessed? Split personality? The head trauma she got?)

Glad to see Terra's history fleshed out and having Wintergreen judge Slade for it, because he deserves to be judged.

Well... Guess Joey taking a tumble is karma for what he did to Isherwood. I'm sure he'll be alright.
    I think that Rose is the killer. As for what's going on, I'm totally confused. It was mentioned in an earlier issue that Rose's sword came from the future but that line of thinking opens up a whole new can of worms(time travel).

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

So that twist with Rose is interesting, not sure what to think about it (is it possible she did kill Etienne and not know it? Is she possessed? Split personality? The head trauma she got?)

Glad to see Terra's history fleshed out and having Wintergreen judge Slade for it, because he deserves to be judged.

Well... Guess Joey taking a tumble is karma for what he did to Isherwood. I'm sure he'll be alright.
    Well, Rose didn't get whacked on the head until after (and directly because) of Etienne's murder. So while it's certainly possible she did it (though I think extremely unlikely), it's not because of the head injury.

I personally kind of want it to be Addy. I would be sad for Joey, but she's been the least sympathetic character, interestingly. I've not yet seen WHY Slade loves her, though I do believe that he does, especially after the Christmas short story.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, Rose didn't get whacked on the head until after (and directly because) of Etienne's murder. So while it's certainly possible she did it (though I think extremely unlikely), it's not because of the head injury.

I personally kind of want it to be Addy. I would be sad for Joey, but she's been the least sympathetic character, interestingly. I've not yet seen WHY Slade loves her, though I do believe that he does, especially after the Christmas short story.
    Well, true enough, if it's the head injury it doesn't account for the murder. But it could be something weird with her sword, I dunno.

I do agree they made Adeline really unsympathetic, I haven't even seen her and Joey being very close, besides that flashback to him suiting up as Jericho for the first time. She could easily be the killer, which would suck for Joey, but they haven't done much with her other than having her scowl and plot against Slade. Hell, even her flashbacks with Slade never seemed very warm or loving, kinda hard to see what they saw in each other in the first place.

Spectacular Member

Well, true enough, if it's the head injury it doesn't account for the murder. But it could be something weird with her sword, I dunno.

I do agree they made Adeline really unsympathetic, I haven't even seen her and Joey being very close, besides that flashback to him suiting up as Jericho for the first time. She could easily be the killer, which would suck for Joey, but they haven't done much with her other than having her scowl and plot against Slade. Hell, even her flashbacks with Slade never seemed very warm or loving, kinda hard to see what they saw in each other in the first place.
    I remember Adeline and Joey had a brief soft moment a few issues ago after Etienne was killed. Joey asked her why she didn't like Etienne. He said that Adeline had become very bitter and that he wanted his loving mom back. Then they hugged.

I do agree that Adeline seemed to be very cold even in the flashback story in the Holiday special. The way she talked to Slade on the phone somehow makes me feel that she looked down upon her husband, as if Slade was nothing without her. Slade was obviously not a very caring husband/father. But her particular attitude and condescension poisoned their relationship further.

I'm not very familiar with Grant's story. But he seemed to inherit his mother's attitude toward his father.
    Last edited by magpieM; 01-08-2018 at 07:19 PM.

The sword seems more likely to be some weird time travel/foreign gang war thing. At least, that's what all the "meanwhile" storyline seems to be hinting.

The flashbacks with Slade and Addy are all from about 15-17 years in their marriage, if Priest is using the timeline indicated in the Holiday special. By that point, all tenderness was pretty much gone from Adeline. It would be nice to see a bit from earlier, when they were still warm together, instead of resenting each other. But it would be a tricky emotional line to walk.

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    I remember Adeline and Joey had a brief soft moment a few issues ago after Etienne was killed. Joey asked her why she didn't like Etienne. He said that Adeline had become very bitter and that he wanted his loving mom back. Then they hugged.

I do agree that Adeline seemed to be very cold even in the flashback story in the Holiday special. They way she talked to Slade on the phone somehow makes me feel that she looked down upon her husband, as if Slade was nothing without her. Slade was obviously not a very caring husband/father. But her particular attitude and condescension poisoned their relationship further.

I'm not very familiar with Grant's story. But he seemed to inherit his mother's attitude toward his father.
    That moment was really nice - but it hasn't led anywhere yet. The problems of juggling so many team members! (But I don't want any of them to go!)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

What are we actually thinking the twist is with Rose, that Rose and Willow are one and the same or 2 different people who have the same sword.

Also if Adeline's purpose is to relentlessly go after her husband she'll continue to remind me of Team Rocket from Pokemon.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-09-2018 at 05:23 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    What are we actually thinking the twist is with Rose, that Rose and Willow are one and the same or 2 different people who have the same sword.

Also if Adeline's purpose is to relentely go after husband she'll continue to remind me of Team Rocket from Pokemon.
    I am ashamed that I actually know what Team Rocket is.

I think my own prediction for the Willow plot is that Rose from the future gave Willow the sword. Or that Willow will die and pass her legacy to Rose, forcing her to make the choice Deathstroke wants her to make, but tearing her away from Slade.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post

The sword seems more likely to be some weird time travel/foreign gang war thing. At least, that's what all the "meanwhile" storyline seems to be hinting.

The flashbacks with Slade and Addy are all from about 15-17 years in their marriage, if Priest is using the timeline indicated in the Holiday special. By that point, all tenderness was pretty much gone from Adeline. It would be nice to see a bit from earlier, when they were still warm together, instead of resenting each other. But it would be a tricky emotional line to walk.
    I do agree that Adeline seemed to be very cold even in the flashback story in the Holiday special. The way she talked to Slade on the phone somehow makes me feel that she looked down upon her husband, as if Slade was nothing without her. Slade was obviously not a very caring husband/father. But her particular attitude and condescension poisoned their relationship further.
    I remember that Joey-Adeline moments, it was definitely a rare one, because I've seen way more of Joey-Slade (including flashbacks) to figure out their dynamic, than I have Joey-Adeline. So even a hint at their pre-series relationship intrigues me. I'd like more, but it's hard enough to juggle so many plots and characters.

Would have been nice to see a tiny bit of the 'good times' in the Slade-Adeline relationship, the closest we saw was them having sex and immediately after fighting because Wintergreen and him were going off on a mission without her. Honestly, I could watch/read a whole series about the messed up Wilson family dynamics (guest appearance by everyone's favorite Uncle Wintergreen). I'd settle for seeing more tenderness from Adeline towards Joey or her current husband, she just seems to scowl and plot against Slade a lot.

I remember that Joey-Adeline moments, it was definitely a rare one, because I've seen way more of Joey-Slade (including flashbacks) to figure out their dynamic, than I have Joey-Adeline. So even a hint at their pre-series relationship intrigues me. I'd like more, but it's hard enough to juggle so many plots and characters.

Would have been nice to see a tiny bit of the 'good times' in the Slade-Adeline relationship, the closest we saw was them having sex and immediately after fighting because Wintergreen and him were going off on a mission without her. Honestly, I could watch/read a whole series about the messed up Wilson family dynamics (guest appearance by everyone's favorite Uncle Wintergreen). I'd settle for seeing more tenderness from Adeline towards Joey or her current husband, she just seems to scowl and plot against Slade a lot.
    Adeline is clearly one of the most compromised characters of the book - she may have started out more pure than Slade, but she's let her bitterness become her primary motivation. I'm very interested to see if Priest has some redemptive actions in store for her, especially because Wintergreen is clearly working with her against Slade right now, and Wintergreen is one of the least compromised (there is no Priest character who is really pure, from what I can tell - though Wally West and Tanya Spears probably come closest). Right now, as much as I LOVE the whole cast (and I keep saying this), I kind of hope that Priest gets at least one more arc after Slade falls from trying to be good, so we can have a smaller cast and focus on developing all of them a bit more.

However, the March solicit for Deathstroke #29 does seem like it could be for the end.

http://archive.is/tyRrE

Now here is a fascinating potential scoop! I loved the bits of Deathstroke featuring this combination, so seeing this is really exciting, if true.

Extraordinary Member

Now here is a fascinating potential scoop! I loved the bits of Deathstroke featuring this combination, so seeing this is really exciting, if true.
    Ugh, does everything have to include Batman? Like, really, does DC seriously need to scoop everything cool and throw Batman in there and make it part of his world? Slade is one of those characters that doesn’t need Batman to be cool or appealing. So why does DC insist on turning him into yet another Batman villain? He’s a Titans villain. First and foremost. I’m so sick of the Batman franchise cannibalizing all the other franchises in the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Ugh, does everything have to include Batman? Like, really, does DC seriously need to scoop everything cool and throw Batman in there and make it part of his world? Slade is one of those characters that doesn’t need Batman to be cool or appealing. So why does DC insist on turning him into yet another Batman villain? He’s a Titans villain. First and foremost. I’m so sick of the Batman franchise cannibalizing all the other franchises in the DCU.
    Um. I agree that Deathstroke doesn't NEED Batman, but as a big fan of Batman, I think this is a great idea. Like the Teen Titans crossover, but with Priest having more control, hopefully, so it'll be a much better story!

(But I'm a Batfamily fan first and foremost, so I'm pretty much exactly the target audience for this - people who love Batman AND love Prieststroke).

Here for this, and knowing Priest he'd probably make this into continuity.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

I thought I'd link this profile article about Priest.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/chris...sappeared.html

~~

~~

Mods? Anybody?