Page 23 of 85 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Would tomorrow's issue be a good jumping on point

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing66 View Post
    Would tomorrow's issue be a good jumping on point
    I'm not sure. It's clearly resting heavily on Defiance and the Lazarus Contract still. I think that coming April, it'll be possible to jump on Deathstroke easily, but right now, Priest's run has been a very long and cohesive story, from his first issue to the last.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm not sure. It's clearly resting heavily on Defiance and the Lazarus Contract still. I think that coming April, it'll be possible to jump on Deathstroke easily, but right now, Priest's run has been a very long and cohesive story, from his first issue to the last.
    I think the Annual is likely the first of the three-part finale to the Defiance storyarc. I think Defiance (#21) is a pretty good jumping on point, but the Annual won't be - definitely not visually, since it Cowyn is dramatically different from Diogenes Neves, who's done all of the Defiance issues, and Carlo Pagulayan, who started the series, and is scheduled to come back in April. Even Defiance, though a completely new direction, relies heavily on literally every issue that's come before. I strongly recommend getting the trades - it's an incredibly rich series to read from start to finish - I've done it several times, and every time is a great read.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I have read and collected up untill the start of defiance arc

I have read and collected up untill the start of defiance arc
    Ah - did you drop off because of the Lazarus Contract?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Yeah dude i collected lazarus and then just lost touch once he formed his team

Yeah dude i collected lazarus and then just lost touch once he formed his team
    I can understand that - but I think the team stuff has been really solid. I hope the conclusion to the arc in the next three issues (the Annual plus the two-parter "Chinatown") are satisfying and continue to propel everything forward. Though, truthfully, I don't know how Deathstroke's closing of arcs can really be satisfying, because he's never going to make the right, healthy choices. Ah, well. I trust Priest!

Thats why im wondering if its worth catching up on the Defiance part or just wait for the two part chinatown arc to begin

Thats why im wondering if its worth catching up on the Defiance part or just wait for the two part chinatown arc to begin
    I mean, I'm always in favor of catching up. Plus, it's still definitely the Deathstroke of the last 20 issues - so it's not like a drastic shift in tone or character, just a shift in direction.

Or just wait for the defiance trade i suppose

Or just wait for the defiance trade i suppose
    Yes, that would be good plan as well. Plus, the Defiance trade will have the Holiday Special Deathstroke story.

Though looking at the solicit, it says the Defiance trade will only have 21-25 plus the Holiday story. No Annual or Chinatown. But with Deathstroke vs. Batman coming up, I don't really see what the plan is supposed to be - a trade with just three issues? Ugh. I hate that - they did that with the Batman n52 run's last volume, and I'm just like...seriously? That's just lazy collecting.
    Last edited by millernumber1; 01-30-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Thats what got me thinking that the annual will be the end of the arc and then move straight into chinatown

Thats what got me thinking that the annual will be the end of the arc and then move straight into chinatown
    Eh...there's a specific couple of arcs that are still hanging that I don't think the Annual will resolve. I think this is definitely the end of Defiance as a concept, but Chinatown is much more likely to resolve several things and setup for Deathstroke vs. Batman. I don't think it's going to be standalone like Chicago was.

Yeah, that makes sense

Ive worked it out. Theyre classing 21-25 as part of the defiance trade then #26 onwards up to the Deathstroke Batman will be another trade so i think its safe to say there could be a jumping on point at #26