Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

"You've accepted Christ?"

"Don't be ridiculous."

Haha I love Slade.

This was a very good issue and definitely a palette cleanser after that horrible crossover. Isherwood died and came back to life, so he's a "Grundy". On Arrow didnt they use the super soldier serum (Mirakuru), which was what gave that version of Deathstroke his powers, to resurrect Cyrus Gold and create a version of Solomon Grundy? Kinda similar here as Slade's blood turned Isherwood into a Grundy.

Also, Rose's scars. Damn.

I don't understand how Tanya could forgive Slade. If someone killed my dog I wouldn't care how much they say they have changed. That person would have to go.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    For me biggest surprise was "license to steal" line referring to birth control pills. Really didn't expect to see something like that in today's comics.
    Yeah that was an odd choice. Were they implying that Tanya is really that sheltered?
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-08-2017 at 03:57 AM.

Rose being on the same team as a reformed Slade means her friend needs to grow a pair and ask her out or get lost though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Thought never really crossed my mind until now. When did Isherwood wake up, in issue #17?
    Yup, issue 17. The minute I knew she was going to be killed and they were reviving him, I guessed he was the killer. We'll see if I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah that was an odd choice. Were they implying that Tanya is really that sheltered?
    I think its not about being sheltered, but some people think that birth control pills aren't beneficial when you look at the big picture (for example young people grow up being less responsible). These thoughts aren't very popular, usually mainstream talking heads just lumps these people together with some far right lunatics and ignore them. So my understanding would be that Priest shares some of these concerns and used Tanya to express them, similarly to what he did in Chicago/gun control issue.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I think its not about being sheltered, but some people think that birth control pills aren't beneficial when you look at the big picture (for example young people grow up being less responsible). These thoughts aren't very popular, usually mainstream talking heads just lumps these people together with some far right lunatics and ignore them. So my understanding would be that Priest shares some of these concerns and used Tanya to express them, similarly to what he did in Chicago/gun control issue.
    If you check out Priest's essays on sex on his website, I don't think he's quite as simplistic as Tanya is expressing, but he's definite in favor of responsibility in sex: http://praisenet.org/id12/love/1/
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Because it is not positive comparison.
    But it makes sense that Tanya would say something like that. She's rather naive in many ways.
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-08-2017 at 08:24 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    If you check out Priest's essays on sex on his website, I don't think he's quite as simplistic as Tanya is expressing, but he's definite in favor of responsibility in sex: http://praisenet.org/id12/love/1/
    Thanks for that Link. That's some wisdom right there.

Can't believe some reviewers can't recognize that's Adeline with the white streak in her hair...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

So Adeline is there. Apparently Slade is now on good terms with her. I would be interested in a govt sanction teen super team.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So Adeline is there. Apparently Slade is now on good terms with her. I would be interested in a govt sanction teen super team.
    I feel like that's what it is. Adeline works for some government group so maybe she's overseeing Slade and his new team and giving them missions; essentially she wasn't advertised as being a part of Slade's new team, she is no Wintergreen who we as readers would assume would be working with Slade and his new team whether advertised or not.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Priest is open to Deathstroke vs Midnighter, that would be amazing.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Priest is open to Deathstroke vs Midnighter, that would be amazing.
    I'd love to read that. But I'd also love Midnighter to show up in Nightwing again, i miss his dynamic with Dick.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

My biggest problem with Deathstroke vs. Midnighter is ... legitimately why wouldn't they kill each other? How do you write that story without it ending in one of them dead or jobbing to the other?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Slade wanting to form his little gang...
    Superhero shows are trash

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    My biggest problem with Deathstroke vs. Midnighter is ... legitimately why wouldn't they kill each other? How do you write that story without it ending in one of them dead or jobbing to the other?
    I had the same problem with Wrath in Tec fyi