Page 30 of 85 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    Yes I think so. Somebody deliberately causes their collision and forces Batman to show the concrete DNA test result. I'm just wondering who's been plotting this drama. Priest quoted the 'great scene' written by Grant Morrison. I sincerely hope Priest wasn't implying who this guy is...
    Do you mean Jason?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Do you mean Jason?
    Yeah. Well it's kind of awful to think about. I was just talking nonsense...

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    Yeah. Well it's kind of awful to think about. I was just talking nonsense...
    That seems unlikely. I would think it's much more likely Addy. Since we know she's going to show up.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I wonder if Deathstroke will actually be on one of the JL spinoff books or if he'll just go his seperate ways after the big no justice mini. Or if they'll just start a injustice league book with all the anti heroes(and probably include batman, just because lol)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I wonder if Deathstroke will actually be on one of the JL spinoff books or if he'll just go his seperate ways after the big no justice mini. Or if they'll just start a injustice league book with all the anti heroes(and probably include batman, just because lol)
    That's an excellent question. I don't know what I hope - because the Deathstroke I like reading about is one who is interested in much more street level types of things, not cosmic things. And Snyder's JL and spinoff titles seem like they're going to be much more cosmic. So no Rose, no Wintergreen, nothing I actually care about.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That's an excellent question. I don't know what I hope - because the Deathstroke I like reading about is one who is interested in much more street level types of things, not cosmic things. And Snyder's JL and spinoff titles seem like they're going to be much more cosmic. So no Rose, no Wintergreen, nothing I actually care about.
    That's true, I don't mind writers doing a new direction with deathstroke as long as he remains in character like Priest's run. I'd like to see Rose show up in other titles and not be forced to stay in deathstroke's book though, same with other characters.

It'd be good if Rose, Jericho, Tanya, and who ever else was on a team book, but if Teen Titans and Titans are gonna be one book with possibly Supergirl added to the mix, then I can't see DC making another Teen Titan book like Titans East or something so that sucks b/c I feel they'll be put on the back burner for a while even after this Batman arc.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    It'd be good if Rose, Jericho, Tanya, and who ever else was on a team book, but if Teen Titans and Titans are gonna be one book with possibly Supergirl added to the mix, then I can't see DC making another Teen Titan book like Titans East or something so that sucks b/c I feel they'll be put on the back burner for a while even after this Batman arc.
    I agree, but I don't think it's super likely. I feel like there's a real lack of connection between books these days. I dunno if it's just me looking at the current books, as opposed to reading the back catalog and knowing how everything is connected, but we don't have our little connections or characters who are shared by books and it feels like they're actually aware of both books' events.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Am I right in thinking we dont know what is happening with this bool come time for the big JL team things?

I know some other books are ending or going on hold, and with sales not great and the Priest to Marvel rumours.....could this be the last arc?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Am I right in thinking we dont know what is happening with this bool come time for the big JL team things?

I know some other books are ending or going on hold, and with sales not great and the Priest to Marvel rumours.....could this be the last arc?
    The JL event is happening in May and the new books, presumably, are coming out in June. Deathstroke vs Batman will still be going on at that time so at the very least it won't be getting cancelled as part of that shuffle.

However, DC HAS been on a cancelling spree as of late and I don't see it stopping. I think Hellblazer is wrapping up its last arc, Batwoman and Batman Beyond will both be gone by year's end and once that all happens, it'll be the 3rd lowest book in the main line, presuming Deathstroke vs Batman doesn't boost sales. That in mind, I think it would be in a similar situation to Cyborg and NSMatJLC where its kept around for reasons other than direct market sales. Cyborg has DC's desire for their to be a Cyborg book, NSMatJLC has great trade sales and fan support and Deathstroke has Priest. So long as he's on the book, I don't think DC will cancel it. But with sales the way they are, the second he's gone, so too is the book I think.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Did, Slade just kill Claire...

Also, everybody in this book needs help, they need to be wrapped in blankets, given hot cocoa or tea, and be in a psychiatrist office with a long standing professional doctor.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 03-04-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Did, Slade just kill Claire...

Also, everybody in this book needs help, they need wrapped in blankets, given hot cocoa or tea, and be in psychiatrist office with a long standing professional doctor.
    I'm sure he didn't. Didn't he use some non-lethal bullets an issue or two ago?

And yeah, everyone in the book needs lots and lots of therapy, hot cocoa and blankets. They're such a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy_b View Post

And yeah, everyone in the book needs lots and lots of therapy, hot cocoa and blankets. They're such a mess.
    Well, Powergirl's soul is stuck in another dimension, after getting locked in there on accident. Because she ran into the original Powergirl. I don't think any of those things will help much in her case. Nu-Wally is back with the Teen Titans, for however long that will last with No Justice coming up.

But everyone else? Yeah. Two half-siblings that have a crap dad (and the girl with a split personality?), a psychopath Earthbender (sue me) that may be about to go on a rampage, the exes that still, in their own twisted way, care for one another (though they won't hesitate to shoot/stab one another either), and the one sibling was engaged to a spy that cheated on him for his father, then was assassinated.

A couple months of nothing but family therapy, hot cocoa, herbal tea, etc is called for here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy_b View Post

Yes, he did. But at this point, I'm really not sure which way Slade will spring. I was dead certain he'd just killed Claire when I read the preview, but now that you mention the fake bullets, I'm less so...probably good to have that real uncertainty about Slade. If we always know he'll kill, then it's less tense. I think?