Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    My biggest problem with Deathstroke vs. Midnighter is ... legitimately why wouldn't they kill each other? How do you write that story without it ending in one of them dead or jobbing to the other?
    Maybe someone or someones would have to intervene then it would leave Deathstroke vs Midnighter purposely unfinished which would maybe be cool if it's handled correctly and wouldn't be the first time a story/comic ended like that.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Good idea with this topic

Is it possible that this run would be one to follow and adapt to do a Deathstroke series.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

I tried DS in the nu52 and hated it, so I was pleasantly surprised by this run!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Is it possible that this run would be one to follow and adapt to do a Deathstroke series.
    Please let that be the case! Priest is consciously modelling the structures and characterization on television - House MD, the Sopranos - so I think a Deathstroke series would do well to take its cue from his work.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Please let that be the case! Priest is consciously modelling the structures and characterization on television - House MD, the Sopranos - so I think a Deathstroke series would do well to take its cue from his work.
    I read in an interview that Priest and Geoff talked about it, so I wonder if DC has any plans and if they do I guess they possibly have 2 actors to choose from, but they could also choose someone else.

~~

~~

BANNED

I read in an interview that Priest and Geoff talked about it, so I wonder if DC has any plans and if they do I guess they possibly have 2 actors to choose from, but they could also choose someone else.
    Any link or source?

"We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Thanks for that.

We have a thread about the preview, but I wanted to keep this thread relevant to the ongoing discussion about the series, so have a preview link!

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...eathstroke-21/

We have a thread about the preview, but I wanted to keep this thread relevant to the ongoing discussion about the series, so have a preview link!

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...eathstroke-21/
    Thanks for that, I've been busy so I haven't had the opportunity to post previews or next issues, will be doing that later on today or tomorrow.

~~

~~

Deathstroke #21 preview

Interesting variant. I prefer the Sook version - there's something about the warmer colors and outlines that is nice.

Deathstroke #21 preview

With the big #1 on the cover and the beginning dialogue recap, this is definitely meant to be a jumping on point. That's funny, because if I were a newbie that hadn't been following the series and wasn't aware of Priest's fantastic work so far, the premise of this arc doesn't sound like a hook that would draw me in.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)