Page 47 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I don't care what Priest says, I would still like for him to be on twitter or something >.>

But I'm glad he decided to share some posts.

Poor website is being bombarded by trolls that all have female names which just shows me a male is behind it >.>

Does anybody have an idea on which robin is being used?

I've wanted to see Bane, Talia, and Lady Shiva in Priest's Deathstroke book.

Being belligerent is not a compliment and you admitting to being that does not make you sound any better ...in fact you sound like a ...you know what I'm not gonna go there.

Anyway, a whole day has passed, the window for you to respond and get a long ass reply back is over; I'm unmotivated to continue this discussion when other things have taken over my attention.

How about you go back to trolling Priest's blog with your sock puppet accounts >.>

Have a nice day lurking.
    I assumed that the Robin being used is Tim since he's been on bad terms with Batman recently. Everyone else seems to think its Jason.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I assumed that the Robin being used is Tim since he's been on bad terms with Batman recently. Everyone else seems to think its Jason.
    Interesting! I actually think Tim, even when he's at his angriest with Bruce (as we saw in Detective Comics recently, though they reconciled in #978-979), is the most loyal and "true believer" of the Robins. The reason I'm assuming Jason is because (perhaps unfairly) he's seen as the voice of dissent (see also Detective Comics 975) from the Batman "party line." Dick could be the Robin of the interviews, based on the fact that he was very rebellious near the end of his tenure as Robin. But since he became Nightwing (and especially since Morrison's run on Batman), there's a general sense that he's really close to Bruce - willing to call him when he thinks he's wrong, but very warm. Priest even wrote Dick as providing the light to Bruce's vengeance in Justice League.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I was just glazing at this and have not red the whole thing so I am not sure how it started but I did see something that caught my eye and decided to put my 2 cents in. Deathstroke is not a pedophile but he is a statutory rapist for sleeping with Terra.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    I was just glazing at this and have not red the whole thing so I am not sure how it started but I did see something that caught my eye and decided to put my 2 cents in. Deathstroke is not a pedophile but he is a statutory rapist for sleeping with Terra.
    Well, Priest says that DC made him "round off the edges" of Judas Contract by making it so that Slade didn't sleep with her. If he did sleep with her, I would tend to agree with you.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, Priest says that DC made him "round off the edges" of Judas Contract by making it so that Slade didn't sleep with her. If he did sleep with her, I would tend to agree with you.
    I think that is for the best, i always saw Deathstroke as a villain with a weird sense of honor that only he understand .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that is for the best, i always saw Deathstroke as a villain with a weird sense of honor that only he understand .
    I tend to agree. What Deathstroke did to Terra - manipulating her to do terrible things - is evil by itself. You don't need to make it "shocking".

I'm not sure I would say that Deathstroke has "honor" - more that he has very strict rules that have nothing to do with morality. Sometimes those rules fit with things we like - like not killing people you're not paid to kill, and generally not killing people who haven't done much wrong. Sometimes those rules are horrifying - like making sure no one good cares about you, so you kill their dog in front of them.

I tend to agree. What Deathstroke did to Terra - manipulating her to do terrible things - is evil by itself. You don't need to make it "shocking".

I'm not sure I would say that Deathstroke has "honor" - more that he has very strict rules that have nothing to do with morality. Sometimes those rules fit with things we like - like not killing people you're not paid to kill, and generally not killing people who haven't done much wrong. Sometimes those rules are horrifying - like making sure no one good cares about you, so you kill their dog in front of them.
    Yeah, honor is probably a strong work, i think that "working rules" functions better.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

Being belligerent is not a compliment and you admitting to being that does not make you sound any better ...in fact you sound like a ...you know what I'm not gonna go there.

Anyway, a whole day has passed, the window for you to respond and get a long ass reply back is over; I'm unmotivated to continue this discussion when other things have taken over my attention.

How about you go back to trolling Priest's blog with your sock puppet accounts >.>

Have a nice day lurking.
    Woww! And I'm the belligerent troll.

Extraordinary Member

his code of honor is that since his son died trying to kill the titans the titans are responsible
    he is pyhco like the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    his code of honor is that since his son died trying to kill the titans the titans are responsible
    he is pyhco like the rest
    Okay...I don't see how that meaningfully contributes...

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Okay...I don't see how that meaningfully contributes...
    One guy I know thinks Priest because of how many rules Deathstroke lives when he runs his business means Priest doesn't know how to write him not when Deathstroke in Post-Crisis did a lot of things that were detestable. Drugging Cassandra Cain and bending her to his will. Dropping Chemo on Bludhaven to get back at Dick. And putting Kryptonite in Rose's empty eye knowing she would die from poisoning but how Priest is writing him pretty close to the way he was written in the New Teen Titans.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    One guy I know thinks Priest because of how many rules Deathstroke lives when he runs his business means Priest doesn't know how to write him not when Deathstroke in Post-Crisis did a lot of things that were detestable. Drugging Cassandra Cain and bending her to his will. Dropping Chemo on Bludhaven to get back at Dick. And putting Kryptonite in Rose's empty eye knowing she would die from poisoning but how Priest is writing him pretty close to the way he was written in the New Teen Titans.
    Well, he's said many, many times that Wolfman is his primary inspiration. And since he's also not writing Jericho as a crazy villain, and has Slade's entire family alive, it's clear there's a pick-and-chose element available to at least some Rebirth projects.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Well, he's said many, many times that Wolfman is his primary inspiration. And since he's also not writing Jericho as a crazy villain, and has Slade's entire family alive, it's clear there's a pick-and-chose element available to at least some Rebirth projects.
    Well some folks were probably just expecting a full reintegration of everything from Post-Crisis never mind the the fact that some writers had enough freedom to do as they wish. But if Slade was totally evil then his book would be very boring and that doesn't sell. I don't mind how Priest writes him because it's a general expectation characters change over time depending on the writer. This pick and choose thing must be for characters who never really got a solo title before like Slade.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well some folks were probably just expecting a full reintegration of everything from Post-Crisis never mind the the fact that some writers had enough freedom to do as they wish. But if Slade was totally evil then his book would be very boring and that doesn't sell. I don't mind how Priest writes him because it's a general expectation characters change over time depending on the writer. This pick and choose thing must be for characters who never really got a solo title before like Slade.
    Well, to be accurate, Slade actually has several solos - 2 in the n52 (Higgins then Leifield, Daniel then Bonny), and a long one in the 90s by Wolfman. But as Priest said, Slade was not very useable after the n52 solos, because they killed off so much of his family.

I'm actually glad that Priest main influence to writte his is Wolfman, most of the stuff that Slade has been since the beggining of the century had been garbage (No offense to the people that like then).