Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

That's an interesting point. I was following digitally, but I put this on the pull list once this arc started.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Looking at the preview it definitely uses the judge to recap Slade's story, I also think while the premise might not be eye catching I think it's interesting enough to draw people in, I mean the last time Slade had a team they killed Ryan Choi so what is this team gonna be like, what are they gonna do, who else will be added, etc.

I mean Adeline dropped some nuggets, this is "her" task force and she wanted Joey in charge, no reason to believe once Slade is back to what he usually does this won't continue in some capacity.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Well I enjoyed the newest issue.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

I haven't been enjoying it the way that I was before the crossover, but perhaps that is because of the manner that I'm reading it. I held off for a while between Chicago and The Lazarus Contract and then binged it all starting back at the beginning. I may go back to holding off and reading the stories in one go.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I would have done that eventually if the book was still shipping twice monthly but now I'm too impatient to hold off on not reading an arc.

~~

~~

BANNED

Still the best DC book. Phew. Glad that crossover is over.

So, I'm curious - what do other fans think about the mystery of Etienne's murder? After this week's issue, I'm very suspicious of Adeline.

Also, there's so much great character work on this book still - I was worried after the crossover that it would be too literal, but this was right back to the subtlety of the series.

I also really like both Ryan Sook as cover artist, and Diogenes Neves on interiors - and hope that Neves sticks around at least for the full arc. This book deserves a single artist for at least a whole arc.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

We've got ourselves a nice murder mystery. Who was the girl with pink hair?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    So, I'm curious - what do other fans think about the mystery of Etienne's murder? After this week's issue, I'm very suspicious of Adeline.
    I was pretty sure it was Isherwood until this issue, now it seems that more is going on than meets the eye, Adeline have moved up my suspect list also Jericho is back on it, as he is the only person she would try to protect, maybe he didn't remember doing it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    My money has been on zombie!Isherwood for a while now, I don't think Adeline would do that to Joey.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    We've got ourselves a nice murder mystery. Who was the girl with pink hair?
    Well, the text of the comic indicates she's sort of like Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke - royalty from a people cursed/destroyed by someone, seeking truth, and in this case, vengeance for the evil visited upon her tribe. How it connects to Slade's machinations is the real question! Did the person she kill in this issue hire Deathstroke to kill her people?

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I was pretty sure it was Isherwood until this issue, now it seems that more is going on than meets the eye, Adeline have moved up my suspect list also Jericho is back on it, as he is the only person she would try to protect, maybe he didn't remember doing it.
    If Jericho did it, I'm suspecting multiple personalities or brainwashing/hypnosis. Why would he talk to his sister in this way if he were trying to throw off suspicion - just doesn't ring true. Isherwood seems to have been out of commission when the murder was done - my sense of the timeline is skewed, but he doesn't seem to have been out of the hospital after Jericho's attack until the last issue, after Etienne was killed. But those dream sequences were very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy_b View Post
    My money has been on zombie!Isherwood for a while now, I don't think Adeline would do that to Joey.
    I think Adeline would definitely do it to Joey, since in her mind, Etienne would be a double traitor - to Joseph by sleeping with Slade, and by being an agent of Waller's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy_b View Post
    Etienne cheated on her son with his father. I think she would. Though i wouldn't be surprised if Jericho had some sort of mental episode and killed her.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-06-2017 at 10:14 AM.

I am so curious what the interactions between Slade and Terra will be like and what history will touched upon and what will be left behind.

~~

~~

double post. apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I was thinking of picking this series up regularly with the status quo shift, haven't read any of it so I'm wondering if it's worth picking up the rest of the series?
    An unequivocal YES(!!!). From the first issue to the latest, Deathstroke has been the most pleasant surprise in all of Rebirth. I wasn't even a fan of the character before Priest's run. He made me love the whole extended Deathstroke family and made Deathstroke, whom I didn't care about at all before, into one of my favorite DC characters.

I can't recommend it highly enough. Start with issue 1 and keep going until you're bored (you never will be). Lazarus Contract crossover and latest issue post-crossover have been the weakest issues of the bunch but that doesn't mean they're bad. It means the rest of the run is EXCELLENT and the crossover was only passable. Left to his own devices Priest is proving himself to be an elite writer. Only Tom King's Batman, which I understand is not universally beloved, is competition for top DC Rebirth title to me.

I've yet to hear tale of anyone that actually gave Priest's run a chance not going absolutely nuts for it.

If you do opt to pick this up I feel certain you'll never regret it.