Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It was so incredibly fun! I think Priest is definitely putting in the jokes and funny situations on purpose.

There are six issues in this arc. So this is the third, the turning point to the second half. I am very excited - okay, at this point, I'm just very excited for all the issues. But the next issue, with Damian - yes!

Where do you see the Sanctuary hint? The place where he was going to freeze the Justice Experience guy? I do think the other writer was supposed to be Tom King, but I don't want to bet on that.

This Robin is almost certainly not Dick, because no one (except maybe Jason) took anything away from Dick. Jason and Tim both have much more tangled relationships with their successors (though at this point, I think Jason and Tim are pretty good friends, based on Robin War and Batman and Robin Eternal.)
    Yes, in the issue the 's' was capitalized as if there was a place called sanctuary and not just a location at headquarters. It kind of makes me think Sanctuary is not just a place to talk about your troubles if Batman was gonna freeze the Justice Experience guy until they could heal him ....then again the old guy did want to kill himself.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 06-06-2018 at 11:24 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Yes, in the issue the 's' was capitalized as if there was a place called sanctuary and not just location at headquarters. It kind of makes me think Sanctuary is not just a place to talk about your troubles if Batman was gonna free the Justice Experience guy until they could heal him ....then again the old guy did want to kill himself.
    Reread the issue - I caught the Sanctuary reference this time. Clearly there's SOMETHING going on with it. Makes me really wonder why they haven't announced it yet. Maybe they don't want to take away from the Mister Miracle series until it's done?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Great issue. Probably best comic on the shelves right now.

Reread the issue - I caught the Sanctuary reference this time. Clearly there's SOMETHING going on with it. Makes me really wonder why they haven't announced it yet. Maybe they don't want to take away from the Mister Miracle series until it's done?
    That could be it, how kong is that Mister Miracle comic suppose to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Great issue. Probably best comic on the shelves right now.
    Glad to see more people enjoying the crossover.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Astonishing Member

I get the feeling that Tim disguised himself as Jason in the video to troll Damian.

Astonishing Member

Oh god this issue was fun, I had a few laughs, although I don't think some were meant as jokes.

How many issues is this arc ...I don't remember, but I am glad Damian will be involved nect issue since this is about him.

I think we got a hint to Tom King's Sanctuary ...if that was what Batman was referring to which to me means that Tom King was suppose to be the other write Priest said was gonna be on this crossover book.

I don't know what Talia's endgame is, but I do love Slade's response to the whole Bruce Wayne being Batman.

I still don't know who that Robin is ...once he said "you took it away" it made me think it wasn't Dick b/c Dick walked away right... But if the robin was talking to Damian all along and he said "you took this away" sounfs like it could be Tim, but the attitude seems more in line with Jason.
    It was Tim disguised as Jason. Tim and Damian do not get along because Damian tried to kill Tim at one point. Tim's whole arc recently has been about his feelings of alienation from the Bat family and his fears about the future leading him down a dark path.

I'm guessing Tim made the video before he decided to leave Gotham and travel.
    Last edited by king81992; 06-07-2018 at 05:50 AM.

That could be it, how kong is that Mister Miracle comic suppose to be.
    Twelve issues total.

Issue nine comes out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I get the feeling that Tim disguised himself as Jason in the video to troll Damian.
    I don't know if he disguised himself as Jason or Dick, but he was definitely trolling Damian! And I can't wait to see what happens for the little guy!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I don't know if he disguised himself as Jason or Dick, but he was definitely trolling Damian! And I can't wait to see what happens for the little guy!
    What if the video was a fake and Robin in it was some actor under Ra's or Talia's employ?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    What if the video was a fake and Robin in it was some actor under Ra's or Talia's employ?
    I'm pretty sure that Damian would recognize that. He's pretty smart.

I'm pretty sure that Damian would recognize that. He's pretty smart.
    You have a point who's to say that Ra's and Talia cannot fool him when they have fooled his father many times over the years.

Great issue. Was surprised to see the Robin was Tim, I thought it would be Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Great issue. Was surprised to see the Robin was Tim, I thought it would be Jason.
    Well, I still say wait and see.

So, we have sales numbers for #31 at last!:

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-05.html
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-04.html

Deathstroke #30, the first of this arc, was at 38,956
    #31 is at 35,805
    That's a loss of about 3151. Not too bad, I think.

Chinatown part 2, #29, sold 17,677. This year, the title lost about 1,500 issues from December to March, so the loss of new readers is faster than it was before the crossover started, but hopefully we can stabilize higher - even if we drop as strongly as this first drop, we'll still be around 23,405 by the last issue, which is about 6,000 more than we started with. And hopefully the dropoff will taper, and we won't lose a ton when we get to #36.

Maybe I'm being wishful, but I think this series can sustain higher numbers!

So, we have sales numbers for #31 at last!:

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-05.html
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-04.html

Deathstroke #30, the first of this arc, was at 38,956
    #31 is at 35,805
    That's a loss of about 3151. Not too bad, I think.

Chinatown part 2, #29, sold 17,677. This year, the title lost about 1,500 issues from December to March, so the loss of new readers is faster than it was before the crossover started, but hopefully we can stabilize higher - even if we drop as strongly as this first drop, we'll still be around 23,405 by the last issue, which is about 6,000 more than we started with. And hopefully the dropoff will taper, and we won't lose a ton when we get to #36.

Maybe I'm being wishful, but I think this series can sustain higher numbers!
    I must admit ti doe make me question how a comic book character can sustain an ongoing title.