Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

hopefully DC will commit to renewing Priest's contract on the title and allow him to continue the narrative, and allow him to skip out on putting Deathstroke in line-wide crossovers every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully DC will commit to renewing Priest's contract on the title and allow him to continue the narrative, and allow him to skip out on putting Deathstroke in line-wide crossovers every year.
    Yeah I hope he stays on the title. I just jumped on with this current arc and really feeling it. Even thinking about backtracking and reading the first of the run. If Priest stays, I stay.

Although, I wouldn’t mind him taking over Detective which is without a creative team right now, he writes a good Batman.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

New preview for #33! http://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/dc...e-first-look#0

Gotta say, I really hate that normal cover, but I LOVE the variant. I'm so pumped that we're getting a visual callback to Rose and Slade's cross country trip. And the parallels between Damian meeting Batman and Damian pledging to Slade are powerful, even though there's no way that Damian is really pledging anything. I think he's probably trying to deal with Tim's revelation.

ALSO: can we talk about the fact that this is set during the period when Tim is dead? That's pretty cool!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

Gotta say, I really hate that normal cover, but I LOVE the variant. I'm so pumped that we're getting a visual callback to Rose and Slade's cross country trip. And the parallels between Damian meeting Batman and Damian pledging to Slade are powerful, even though there's no way that Damian is really pledging anything. I think he's probably trying to deal with Tim's revelation.

ALSO: can we talk about the fact that this is set during the period when Tim is dead? That's pretty cool!
    That variant is Amazing.

I have t say I like how Damian is written here. What a delightful Nuisance

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    That variant is Amazing.

I have t say I like how Damian is written here. What a delightful Nuisance
    Priest has a much darker, more intellectual default writing style, so I think that's perfect for Damian's voice. I really love seeing the kid here - and I think he's going to be really torn by the whole situation. (Though I'm kinda bummed there's no answer to the fidget spinner in the last issue ).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

So decisively it has been settled that this arc takes place somewhere during the first year of Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    So decisively it has been settled that this arc takes place somewhere during the first year of Rebirth.
    Basically, I believe so.

All the variant covers have been amazing. This is one of my favs so far.

I love the fact that, here is Slade, the original mister attitude with a smart mouth who can get under anyone’s skin, start to lose his cool and have a kid get the best of him, Damian This is one of my favorite stories I’m currently reading, this one looks to be right in line.

When the article mentioned that Priest's writing style foreshadowed binge culture, I thought to myself that's exactly how Priest writes and why when you get a chance to read the whole run, you can really do so in one sitting ...netflix style.

We're about to have dark comedy and fun with tomorrow's issue. Oh the headache Slade will have dealing with Damian and Batman.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 07-03-2018 at 07:50 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    When the article mentioned that Priest's writing style foreshadowed binge culture, I thought to myself that's exactly how Priest writes and why when you get a chance to read the whole run, you can really do so in one sitting ...netflix style.

We're about to have dark comedy and fun with tomorrow's issue. Oh the headache Slade will have dealing Damian and Batman.
    I do think that Priest reads well enough as a cliffhanger individual issue style. But his stuff relies so much on everything else happening in the run, I agree it definitely reads the best in the trade. But I still buy it monthly, because it's so good!

Damian and Slade together are just perfection! I love how Damian takes NONE of Slade's crap, and isn't even shaken - except I'm pretty sure he's dying inside...

Deathstroke vs Batman was spectacular. Damian was on point. Loved the way the two bounced off each other. Really wish we could get more Damian Slade interactions.

Enjoyed Damian trolling Slade.

Have to say enough with putting the mental screws on this kid. I know hes tougher than most but it really got to me having grownups talk like that about a child.

Priest has a much darker, more intellectual default writing style, so I think that's perfect for Damian's voice. I really love seeing the kid here - and I think he's going to be really torn by the whole situation. (Though I'm kinda bummed there's no answer to the fidget spinner in the last issue ).
    I wish he could write more Damian.

Todays issue was so enjoyable. Not sure how genuine they were being in the scene but that scene in the motel was sweet. And you are right it Mirror's the issue with Rose and Slade's trip and motel stay

Deathstroke vs Batman was spectacular. Damian was on point. Loved the way the two bounced off each other. Really wish we could get more Damian Slade interactions.

Enjoyed Damian trolling Slade.

Have to say enough with putting the mental screws on this kid. I know hes tougher than most but it really got to me having grownups talk like that about a child.
    I wish he could write more Damian.

Todays issue was so enjoyable. Not sure how genuine they were being in the scene but that scene in the motel was sweet. And you are right it Mirror's the issue with Rose and Slade's trip and motel stay
    Loved this issue! I was disappointed when I saw Ed Benes on art instead of Pagulayan, but I thought Benes did a fantastic job. And better than the guy who did the fill-in pages last issue, where Damian's head was weirdly huge. This was consistent and slick art all the way through.

Nightshade's appearance was awesome - a great antagonist without being a villain.

Slade struggling with hating but not being willing to let Damian die was a really great emotional moment, as was Damian's cold control cracking after being immersed in the nightmare realm.

As for Alfred and Wintergreen - I've been saying it forever. They're up to something!

Astonishing Member

This whole issue was funny. Slade was so uncomfortable with Damian hanging around. I'm starting to believe that this is all an elaborate ruse arranged by Wintergreen and Alfred.

Tim's a dirt bag, confirmed. Mwhahaha.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-04-2018 at 01:24 PM.