Page 57 of 85 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dflat57 View Post
    Deathstroke IS guns and action!!!! That's the what he is. If someone who never knew who Deathstroke was asked you to describe him, how would you?? I purchase

his title to see the contract, tactical genius in action. The every growing stories and adventures of a ruthless killer. Not pages full of blah blah that mean nothing. Books and

books, months and months, nothing but yap about what?? Deathstroke is on display every month and after I read his title, I close the last page and think about how that gave me

nothing. But for the few of you who like book that goes no where, enjoy!!

In depth.... Debatable. And if by subtle, you mean boring, spot on!!!

I think it's safe to say you do not like the book/ Priest's writing. Seems you enjoy the "traditional" Deathstroke as against the "layered" one Priest is offering. Maybe check out the New52 volume. From what I remember that had "guns and action". Think there was also one after that where he was de-aged...I forget now.

While the point on/concept of family has been a running theme through Priest's run on the book, I must admit that it has gone on too long (IMO) and he needs to switch it up. Maybe as you said, focusing more on contracts for example.

Boring is definitely not a word I'd use to describe his run...I will however say it becomes repetitive in some regard. Nevertheless, liking what Priest is bringing to the table.

Priestroke is hilarious because he owns what an ******* Slade is. The New 52 was insanely boring because Slade was just a generic anti-hero. Here he’s a villain but a self-aware one, and there’s plenty of action. He fights Batman, he fights Superman, he fights other assassins, he fights his ex-wife, it’s not like he isn’t fighting and killing people. I think the current series is one of the longest Deathstroke series to go without a relaunch.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    We said it isn't JUST. It does include those things.

The pages of dialogue definitely don't mean nothing - they're exploration of family and morality.

I'm not sure what you hope to achieve by this conversation, though. You've had your say, and that's totally fair, but what now? Do you want to convince us that we're wrong to like a book we like? What does that accomplish?
    Just to air it out. Get it off my chest. It would be nice to log in here and hear Priest is no longer associated with this character. I can't get to Priest to express my

disappointment and disgust, so I get it out here, comprende??
    Last edited by dflat57; 08-19-2018 at 06:28 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dflat57 View Post
    Just to air it out. Get it off my chest. It would be nice to log in here and hear Priest is no longer associated with this character. I can't get to Priest to express my

disappointment and disgust, so I get it out here, comprende??
    You can totally express your frustration to Priest. He has a blog. I've commented there many times.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Batman was in #31 as well, though. What's the growth between #31 and #32? Possibly the cliffhanger with Talia?
    Retailers usually order couple months in advance and properly underestimated interest (second printing of first issue of the arc also hints at that) and were able to adjust for #32 since orders for #31 were probably already placed. If I'm not mistaken #33 had slight drop from #32 so retailers are probably still trying to figure out how many issues they can sell.

Anyway, I hope that after this arc concludes that it will stabilize at something like 25k so that we can get to 50th issue.

We have preview for the finale! https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/08/30/...eathstroke-35/

Also, Alex Antone, the editor, tweeted back and forth with me a bit!

https://twitter.com/Alex_Antone/stat...81229733568513

"Who's paying you to say these nice things? But seriously, it's all Priest, @carlopagulayan and the rest of our awesome team.

DEATHSTROKE: ARKHAM begins in October...it's our most emotional story yet...and we're working on even bigger plans after that!"
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

We have preview for the finale! https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/08/30/...eathstroke-35/

"Who's paying you to say these nice things? But seriously, it's all Priest, @carlopagulayan and the rest of our awesome team.

DEATHSTROKE: ARKHAM begins in October...it's our most emotional story yet...and we're working on even bigger plans after that!"
    That Bruce.. He will betray Slade(despite he is helping him in the last image) and for this Slade will be in Arkham the next month..

I am interested in see the ARKHAM SAGA too.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-01-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    That Bruce.. He will betray Slade(despite he is helping him in the last image) and for this Slade will be in Arkham the next month..

Well here's hoping it's not a straight up betrayal since it is kind of cool that last part with them supporting each other. Lol at their suits.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

No, Bruce didn't betray Slade and put him in Arkham. Slade got trapped in Arkham because he's hallucinating Wintergreen's voice in his head and he made too many enemies - Isherwood, Addie, Wintergreen, his kids, the Chinese villain syndicate, the tribunal that tried him in #25 - Batman wasn't involved at all (this was concluded in Chinatown, #28-29).

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Well here's hoping it's not a straight up betrayal since it is kind of cool that last part with them supporting each other. Lol at their suits.
    I think the fact that they're supporting each other is part of Alfred and Wintergreen's plan - to try to moderate both of them, to show the holes in each other's missions.

This is the second person who has come in here just to complain about Priest not doing Slade right b/c there is not enough "pew pew pew" for them, and they essentially don't like moderate action with substantial storylines.

I mean you don't have to like everything, I certainly don't care to see Adeline come back into the story just to rehash her old feelings with Slade and ruin his plans etc but to think there are individuals who would want this book to be like the new52 b/c it was a lot of action (and lbr nothing else), LOL ...the taste levels.

I'm curious about the bigger plans they're working on after the Arkham arc, I guess this means we might actually reach #50 and pass it.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I'm curious about the bigger plans they're working on after the Arkham arc, I guess this means we might actually reach #50 and pass it.
    Yes! I was most excited to hear that! (I hope they don't pull a Cyborg on us, though. That would be the worst. Ah, well. I constantly plug the book on twitter and to everyone I meet, so...I'm doing my part!)

I heard from a friend who went to FanExpoCanada in Toronto today that Mattina was there, and they had ALL of the covers for this arc in Foil variant. I'm so jealous! I totally would have blown a bunch of money on them!

So, this are has concluded! What do people think!

I will post later on spoilers, but I wanted to say that I'm really glad that Pagulayan was able to draw the whole issue. After all the fill-ins for this arc, I was worried that the finale might have a few hiccups, but this was full of Pagulayan's trademark elegant linework and rich detail.

I like it! Maybe a little too convulted, but after reading Priest’s Black Panther one accepts that as part of his writing. Sometimes it works better, here it delivers though too many answers were left for the conclusion, making it hard to keep track of everything, especially in a monthly title. Art was pretty good and has an energy to it that makes it enjoyable in fights as well as in actionless scenes. I like how much this evoked Grant Morrison’s Batman, even continuing an scene which was left open to interpretation so long ago. This week has been dedicated to Batman as a father, this and Batman #54 show greatly that he is a good caring and loving father
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I like it! Maybe a little too convulted, but after reading Priest’s Black Panther one accepts that as part of his writing. Sometimes it works better, here it delivers though too many answers were left for the conclusion, making it hard to keep track of everything, especially in a monthly title. Art was pretty good and has an energy to it that makes it enjoyable in fights as well as in actionless scenes. I like how much this evoked Grant Morrison’s Batman, even continuing an scene which was left open to interpretation so long ago. This week has been dedicated to Batman as a father, this and Batman #54 show greatly that he is a good caring and loving father
    Well said. Even though I think both issues this week also show that he's still Batman, that is to say, incredibly damaged by the trauma of his parents' deaths, and not perfectly able to articulate his love for his sons. But I found the final scene very moving - as Priest said on his blog, Bruce's sons are his heart, and attacking them is one of the worst things you could do to him.

Ergo, Talia is the worst.

My thoughts on this issue and the arc in general left on the Damian thread.

All those Damian Wayne fans hating on Christopher Priest and harassing him owe the dude a huge apology.

http://lamerciepark.com/wp/ [ Priest's blog in case ya'all don't know where to leave your kind words ]

Tomasi's B&R did a beautiful job developing Damian and Bruce's relationship. Priest just took that development to the next level. He managed to add just what was missing.

Damian fans say the guy doesn't like Damian or he's trolling. Well after reading this issue Mr Priest isn't just a fan but he is a fan that has an awareness of what the fans have been complaining about and wishing for Bruce and Damian.

This was a great issue and if DC ever does a Batfamily book I hope he gets it.
    I was going to say let him write Batman since his Batman is the **** but with how how handled Tim, Dick and Alfred he is that rare breed of writer that can make all the boys look good without nerfing anyone. So make him write the family.