Page 58 of 85 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

I didn't mind that it packed in a lot of answers a the end because it picked up a lot of hanging threads and plot points from different titles and stories from the Morrison era as well fleshing out some holes in Bruce/Damian/Tim's relationship.
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-05-2018 at 08:20 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

There's an update by Priest's pal Dave van Dormalan recently! Since there's already 30 comments on the last Deathstroke post, I'm leaving my comments on the update post (which is just a picture of Priest talking to Neal Adams ).

I completely agree with dietrich - Priest clearly knows how to write the whole family with affection, but also with flaws for everyone, making everyone interesting. I would be first in line, buying the 1:100 variant cover of a Priest Batman or Batfamily line. (I better start saving up...I did spend $35 bucks on Deathstroke #30's foil variant on ebay...)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Glad that this arc is finally over. I really was not a fan of it and how Priest used the characters in it. Just really was all a big turnoff for me. It really sort of soured me on his Deathstroke run overall, but because of how much DC promoted this I fear they will do more with this whole set up with Talia and I might stop following it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Glad that this arc is finally over. I really was not a fan of it and how Priest used the characters in it. Just really was all a big turnoff for me. It really sort of soured me on his Deathstroke run overall, but because of how much DC promoted this I fear they will do more with this whole set up with Talia and I might stop following it I think.
    I doubt it. Arkham is clearly moving forward with the post-Defiance/Chinatown status quo, so I don't think you have to worry too much about this arc if you didn't enjoy it (though I'm sad to hear you didn't like it.)

There's a cool little interview with Priest in today's DC Nation #4:

Priest Nation Interview #4.jpg

I'm really glad to see they're continuing to give this series attention! (I should do a check and see if there's any series that's not getting attention, though.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

It does seem as if Slade planted a seed for another arc with Talia down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    It does seem as if Slade planted a seed for another arc with Talia down the road.
    You think Talia's free, though, since she's currently really locked into Silencer?

This ended the way anyone with a brain knew it was going to end. Still a very enjoyable arc. Man I wish Priest posted more on is blog, I really enjoy getting his insights into comics as well as other stuff. I'm ready for the Arkham arc to start, and hopefully we'll get at least two more arcs after that. I hope DC gives Priest a book after he's done with Deathstroke, I can think of a ton of other characters I'd love to see him write.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This ended the way anyone with a brain knew it was going to end. Still a very enjoyable arc. Man I wish Priest posted more on is blog, I really enjoy getting his insights into comics as well as other stuff. I'm ready for the Arkham arc to start, and hopefully we'll get at least two more arcs after that. I hope DC gives Priest a book after he's done with Deathstroke, I can think of a ton of other characters I'd love to see him write.
    Same. I know he's busy, but I love going through the early days of Deathstroke and reading his comments on the issues as they came out.

I really agree - I think Priest could do an awesome job with any of the big titles they could give him (though I'm not sure he'd want to do Wonder Woman, and sadly the Trinity is all full - unless DC does a really unexpected thing and gives Priest Tec after 1000.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    You think Talia's free, though, since she's currently really locked into Silencer?
    I dont see Silencer lasting past December tbh. Its most likely ending in 4 issues. It might return as a mini but even that would amount to 5-6 issues and there's no guarantee Talia will be involved in that mini. My gut instinct says that the Talia plot line will be resolved by 12. The mini might deal with Raze who I suspect Abnett is setting up as a dark twin to Silencer. So Priest should have no problem getting his hands on her sometime next year. Its very likely that Slade will take up on Talia's offer sooner or latee.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I dont see Silencer lasting past December tbh. Its most likely ending in 4 issues. It might return as a mini but even that would amount to 5-6 issues and there's no guarantee Talia will be involved in that mini. My gut instinct says that the Talia plot line will be resolved by 12. The mini might deal with Raze who I suspect Abnett is setting up as a dark twin to Silencer. So Priest should have no problem getting his hands on her sometime next year. Its very likely that Slade will take up on Talia's offer sooner or latee.
    I agree that Talia will be resolved by 12, and likely the book cancelled too (very sad ).

I would be very intrigued by what Priest might have in mind for Talia as an endgame. Though now that I think of it, Tom King's also got one finger on Talia after the Holly thing...

Same. I know he's busy, but I love going through the early days of Deathstroke and reading his comments on the issues as they came out.

I really agree - I think Priest could do an awesome job with any of the big titles they could give him (though I'm not sure he'd want to do Wonder Woman, and sadly the Trinity is all full - unless DC does a really unexpected thing and gives Priest Tec after 1000.)
    He wouldn't get any of the Trinity. King is on until issue 103. Tomasi will be starting his Tec run and will be on after Tec 1000. Wilson is just starting WW. Bendis is just starting his Superman and Action runs. KSD is starting Aquaman. Morrison has GL. Willamson like King is on for the long haul with Flash.

Frankly I'm not sure where Priest would want to go next that isn't locked down at the moment. Someone should ask him where he would like to go next. I know Batman of course, and I'd love to see him get a shot (why the hell does Robinson get to write Tec but not Priest?), but for now that doesn't look likely. I know I'd like to see his Teen Titans, he did a great job with Wallace and Tanya, and I like his Damian.

He wouldn't get any of the Trinity. King is on until issue 103. Tomasi will be starting his Tec run and will be on after Tec 1000. Wilson is just starting WW. Bendis is just starting his Superman and Action runs. KSD is starting Aquaman. Morrison has GL. Willamson like King is on for the long haul with Flash.

Frankly I'm not sure where Priest would want to go next that isn't locked down at the moment. Someone should ask him where he would like to go next. I know Batman of course, and I'd love to see him get a shot (why the hell does Robinson get to write Tec but not Priest?), but for now that doesn't look likely. I know I'd like to see his Teen Titans, he did a great job with Wallace and Tanya, and I like his Damian.
    Priest on Teen Titans or Titans would be pretty interesting, especially if he put Rose on the team. And I echo the frustration about Robinson vs. Priest on Tec.

But why not give him a mini, like Sharpe and Jones and Bane got?

Priest on Teen Titans or Titans would be pretty interesting, especially if he put Rose on the team. And I echo the frustration about Robinson vs. Priest on Tec.

But why not give him a mini, like Sharpe and Jones and Bane got?
    I'd read it. Not like Batman can't carry a third mini or ongoing. DC certainly isn't shying away from putting out Batbooks.

Still I'm curious at what characters outside of Batman Priest would want to try his hand at. Does he want to try a lighter character after being known for dark, complex characters like BP and Deathstroke? I'd put him on Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes). Does he want to go cosmic? I'd give him Terrifics after Lemire is done, Priest is good with teams imo. Obviously he wants to try his hand at the A-Listers, and I'd love to see him get a chance.

So I think most level headed people knew how this was gonna end, but I have to say that since minis are usually wrapped up in a little bow with everything solved at the end or leave a mystery with unanswered questions, I like how with this particular arc/mini it was a bit of both. The questions the audience had were answered but to one of the characters (i.e Bruce) the mystery is still there, the questions still unanswered.

I like how Bruce and Slade had different ideas on who tampered with the results and I like how b/c Bruce didn't have all the facts, it made his guess wrong and it made him question the paternity.

I definitely think the Talia bit will be picked up again in the present of this series so I can't wait to see her.

And while it was nice to take a break from the current series, it felt so long and it made me wish this arc stayed a mini with writing creds being by Priest and Tom King, but then I wondered how it would have ended if Tom would have stayed.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I'd read it. Not like Batman can't carry a third mini or ongoing. DC certainly isn't shying away from putting out Batbooks.

Still I'm curious at what characters outside of Batman Priest would want to try his hand at. Does he want to try a lighter character after being known for dark, complex characters like BP and Deathstroke? I'd put him on Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes). Does he want to go cosmic? I'd give him Terrifics after Lemire is done, Priest is good with teams imo. Obviously he wants to try his hand at the A-Listers, and I'd love to see him get a chance.
    I'd love to see Priest on any of those. Someone on Reddit suggested a Black Label book, and that would be amazing. Or, as I think I said earlier, one of the Wal-mart books!

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So I think most level headed people knew how this was gonna end, but I have to say that since minis are usually wrapped up in a little bow with everything solved at the end or leave a mystery with unanswered questions, I like how with this particular arc/mini it was a bit of both. The questions the audience had were answered but to one of the characters (i.e Bruce) the mystery is still there, the questions still unanswered.

I like how Bruce and Slade had different ideas on who tampered with the results and I like how b/c Bruce didn't have all the facts, it made his guess wrong and it made him question the paternity.

I definitely think the Talia bit will be picked up again in the present of this series so I can't wait to see her.

And while it was nice to take a break from the current series, it felt so long and it made me wish this arc stayed a mini with writing creds being by Priest and Tom King, but then I wondered how it would have ended if Tom would have stayed.
    Priest is a master at figuring out solid endings without cutting off the story. All of the other fans are saying that Talia feels like a future plot - I didn't read it that way, but I admit I'm not always the sharpest! I just sit back and read and reread till I've gotten all the juice of the story. And then get some more!

I love the fact that Slade had himself "fixed" so he knew it couldn't be him, but he just kept trolling Bruce the whole time. That's what I'm here for!