Page 6 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I also concur. This run has been intellectually challenging, never playing "spell it out for the reader," and has generally strong, if not consistent, art. I dunno about Slade becoming a favorite character, but Priest has definitely become a writer I really admire.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think Adeline would definitely do it to Joey, since in her mind, Etienne would be a double traitor - to Joseph by sleeping with Slade, and by being an agent of Waller's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Etienne cheated on her son with his father. I think she would. Though i wouldn't be surprised if Jericho had some sort of mental episode and killed her.
    Oh, I definitely think Adeline would kill Etienne for hurting Joey/spying on him and sleeping with Slade, but I feel like she would have done it a different way, rather than murder her and have Joey find the body. Maybe she'd find a way to make her disappear and throw her in some kind of jail or send her back to Waller or something.

Could be Adeline, but my money is still on Isherwood, since he came back to life an issue before Etienne was murdered and he'd definitely have motive. If it's Adeline, there goes her relationship with Joey for a while at least.

What if Slade really did kill her? Seems unlikely given what we know now, but it might be a case of "least likely suspect"
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

This run has been intellectually challenging, never playing "spell it out for the reader,"
    Is that why every issue has approximately 5-10 editor's notes explaining things (sometimes events from the previous issue)?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Since it's almost clear that Slade is going to be going back to villainy I get the feeling that this Terra, while still retaining her edge, is going to be more "heroic" in nature. That excites me.

Slade has done so much to hurt Rose, Tara, and Joey and I think it would be interesting to see their dynamic. Actually, without Slade involved and with another member or two, I'd actually read a book with this cast.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Is that why every issue has approximately 5-10 editor's notes explaining things (sometimes events from the previous issue)?
    Harsh, friend! But no, that's because of continuity and events. I don't feel the editor's notes actually explain motivations or plots - those are the things I feel the Priest is challenging you to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Since it's almost clear that Slade is going to be going back to villainy I get the feeling that this Terra, while still retaining her edge, is going to be more "heroic" in nature. That excites me.

Slade has done so much to hurt Rose, Tara, and Joey and I think it would be interesting to see their dynamic. Actually, without Slade involved and with another member or two, I'd actually read a book with this cast.
    I am really intrigued by the possibilities of what Terre will do as well. I'd be super down with Rose and Tanya and some others team up, with or without Slade.

BANNED

I hope Terra becomes Slade's villainous sidekick after this heroic phase is over, they can leave out the sex.

What if Slade really did kill her? Seems unlikely given what we know now, but it might be a case of "least likely suspect"
    Didn't Adeline and Wintergreen confirm in the issue that he didn't, unless I read it wrong.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Didn't Adeline and Wintergreen confirm in the issue that he didn't, unless I read it wrong.
    Ah, but misdirection is a classic mystery story trope!

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

I'm with the theory that Joey had one of his episodes and killed Etienne himself.

Adeline may be a bitch, but she'd never do anything that risks muddying her name or her relationships.

Maybe it was Amanda Waller who killed Etienne or maybe Joey had a blackout and killed his own fiance, but this is one mystery I'm looking to seeing the solution of.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

I've been hearing a lot of praise for Priest's take on Slade, which I agree with. He has really done well to flesh out Slade as a living thinking human being rather than just an assassin formed from family drama.

But what's the going opinion on Priest's writing of Rose?

Personally, except her design, I personally hated everything about Rose before. The edgy teenage assassin who was having sex with everyone was just plain too try hard edgy for my taste. But like he has done with Slade, I feel like Priest has really brought Rose back down to a grounded level where she feels like an actual teenage girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    I've been hearing a lot of praise for Priest's take on Slade, which I agree with. He has really done well to flesh out Slade as a living thinking human being rather than just an assassin formed from family drama.

But what's the going opinion on Priest's writing of Rose?

Personally, except her design, I personally hated everything about Rose before. The edgy teenage assassin who was having sex with everyone was just plain too try hard edgy for my taste. But like he has done with Slade, I feel like Priest has really brought Rose back down to a grounded level where she feels like an actual teenage girl.
    I like his Rose a lot - I like that she's nowhere close to perfect or ubercompetent, but she's still a badass. I'm really curious to see if she's going to have an arc - this Hosun thing seems to hint at one, at least.

Priest has done wonders with Slade's kids. Usually they are just nuances, but he's really fleshed them out and done things with them to help fill out Slade's world.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-09-2017 at 09:06 PM.

I think the biggest thing I like about Priest's run is that actions have consequences - so Slade having kids has consequences, not just plot points like some of the previous runs I've read are.