Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

I hope there's a major Deathstroke-driven crossover next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope there's a major Deathstroke-driven crossover next year.
    I believe I read somewhere that Priest let slip about another Deathstroke/Teen Titans crossover.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I believe I read somewhere that Priest let slip about another Deathstroke/Teen Titans crossover.
    hopefully it is true, interesting.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    That was me. I was referencing this video, where he mentions it in a panel with Adam Glass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkIBZOObrHY&t=1727s
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Hopefully it's something Priest actually wants to happen and do considering the previous crossover Priest just wanted to address the lazarus contract and the teen titans offices wanted it to be this crossover event.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Hopefully it's something Priest actually wants to happen and do considering the previous crossover Priest just wanted to address the lazarus contract and the teen titans offices wanted it to be this crossover event.
    I personally hope that if it happens, it meets Priest's expectations more than the last one. Reading between the lines on his blog, he wasn't really allowed to do almost anything he intended to do with the crossover.

I'm not a fan of Teen Titans, so I hope that it's not too big a disruption of the story. And that he'll get his own arc to close out his run. We have one year of issues left, and I just want the series to go out on the high note that it deserves.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    So, per Comichron, we only slipped to 27,299 for the first issue of Arkham!

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-10.html
    November 2018 numbers: http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-11.html

We're up to 30,734 - I really wish I could get a handle on how the rises happen. It's only 3000 or so issues, but that's pretty significant given how low the title was pre-Batman storyline.

But this is really good news, that we're holding fast!

I'm also hearing rumors that the crossover with Teen Titans will likely start in March!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    November 2018 numbers: http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-11.html

We're up to 30,734 - I really wish I could get a handle on how the rises happen. It's only 3000 or so issues, but that's pretty significant given how low the title was pre-Batman storyline.

But this is really good news, that we're holding fast!

I'm also hearing rumors that the crossover with Teen Titans will likely start in March!
    Um where did you hear it if I may ask? Makes sense though if Arkham is a 6 issue arc then it will end in February.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Um where did you hear it if I may ask? Makes sense though if Arkham is a 6 issue arc then it will end in February.
    It's floating around.

I hope this crossover goes over better than Lazarus Contract, assuming it’s real. I liked the Deathstroke issues, but overall I thought it was rather boring. I loved Defiance though, so I enjoyed the follow-up to it at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I hope this crossover goes over better than Lazarus Contract, assuming it’s real. I liked the Deathstroke issues, but overall I thought it was rather boring. I loved Defiance though, so I enjoyed the follow-up to it at least.
    I hope it goes better, too. I hope it's just Teen Titans, and not Titans as well. I think a lot of why I don't like crossovers is the size of the cast. I also felt like even in the issues that Priest wrote, there was a sense that he felt he needed to "dumb down" his characters, so he had Wintergreen making a lot of "as you know, reader" speeches that I didn't think were necessary and made the whole thing feel cheaper. I'm sure I'll get more speeches like that, but hopefully it won't be quite as bad this time.

Defiance was the first arc I was collecting issues on - I trade bought the first three - and it was AMAZING! I mean, the whole series has been amazing, but Defiance I think was next level.

Today’s issue was hilarious. My head hurts trying to keep track of the chronology though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Today’s issue was hilarious. My head hurts trying to keep track of the chronology though lol.
    Same - I need to reread it. But lots of stuff happening!

And we got some sweet Pagulayan art!

This book is from Deathstroke/Slade's point of view ...most of the time, so since Slade doesn't know what's real, neither do we as the readers but oh my god my heads hurts a bit trying to figure out what's real and what's not, Priest needs to do a blog post explaining things.

Maybe the last issue of the arc which comes out next month will give clearer answers ...or will continue to confuse us lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    This book is from Deathstroke/Slade's point of view ...most of the time, so since Slade doesn't know what's real, neither do we as the readers but oh my god my heads hurts a bit trying to figure out what's real and what's not, Priest needs to do a blog post explaining things.

Maybe the last issue of the arc which comes out next month will give clearer answers ...or will continue to confuse us lol.
    spoilers:
    Yup. I've done my first reread, and I'm still puzzled. Strange controlled the Asylum through mind controlling another mind controlling villain - sort of like how the Joker mind controlled Clayface with Mad Hatter tech, then used Clayface dust to mind control all the villains in White Knight (why do all these supervillain plans have to be so complicated!) - but I don't know how or why Candace shot the fake Two-Face - was that more mind control by Strange? And so the fake Two-Face was a reanimated corpse?

Whew.
    end of spoilers