Page 65 of 85 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Double dose of Deathstroke for March going by the leaked solicitations from Bleeding Cool.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Double dose of Deathstroke for March going by the leaked solicitations from Bleeding Cool.
    You mean the crossover?

"We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    You mean the crossover?

Yep, didn't really want another crossover so soon but I do like that it seems both Priest and Glass are writing the issues together.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-06-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Yep, didn't really want a other crossover so soon but I do like that it seems both Priest and Glass are writing the issues together.
    Yeah. I'm not really happy that it's crossing over with Teen Titans again, especially since I don't like this TT (the few issues I've read), but Priest seems like he's got his legs under him better now. Hopefully it'll be better than the last one. (Though honestly, the only thing I really complain about in the last one is that Priest seemed to feel like he had to spell things out for the readers. The events themselves were okay, even if it's clear Priest couldn't do what he wanted to do.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I can't believe this issue explained everything or at least I understood everything that had happened previously ...I still have a few questions but I think with this issue I can just go back to the beginning of the arc and maybe figure it out.

I was laughing reading the Purlorian battle and how to the Wintergreen A. I. it looked like Deathstroke and Death-masque was just beating up homeless men.

And I'm definitely ready for the crossover with the bit of the end.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Astonishing Member

Yeah. I'm not really happy that it's crossing over with Teen Titans again, especially since I don't like this TT (the few issues I've read), but Priest seems like he's got his legs under him better now. Hopefully it'll be better than the last one. (Though honestly, the only thing I really complain about in the last one is that Priest seemed to feel like he had to spell things out for the readers. The events themselves were okay, even if it's clear Priest couldn't do what he wanted to do.)
    His chapters of the previous crossover, and the high concepts that seem pretty evidently to have been his concepts, were at least the saving graces there. I don't always mind a title that doesn't exist in a vacuum and has to occasionally make lemonade out of a crossover. It's not preferable but sometimes those constraints can lead to a cool notion or two - which is to say that Priest managed to make a lot of parts of Lazarus Contract bearable.

I like his Damian.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I can't believe this issue explained everything or at least I understood everything that had happened previously ...I still have a few questions but I think with this issue I can just go back to the beginning of the arc and maybe figure it out.

I was laughing reading the Purlorian battle and how to the Wintergreen A. I. it looked like Deathstroke and Death-masque was just beating up homeless men.

And I'm definitely ready for the crossover with the bit of the end.
    Things did make more sense than I thought they might. But now I'm questioning whether the people Slade killed at the end were Pulorians or homeless men...

The crossover is very promising, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    His chapters of the previous crossover, and the high concepts that seem pretty evidently to have been his concepts, were at least the saving graces there. I don't always mind a title that doesn't exist in a vacuum and has to occasionally make lemonade out of a crossover. It's not preferable but sometimes those constraints can lead to a cool notion or two - which is to say that Priest managed to make a lot of parts of Lazarus Contract bearable.

I like his Damian.
    I agree that the Priest's chapters of Lazarus were the best ones, but I'm still frustrated that he needed to dumb things down so much, and have Wintergreen say all the stuff out loud that I think we should infer. Ah, well, I appreciate that the crossovers and gimmicks have gotten us 50 issues.

Priest's Damian is really strong - a great blend of trauma and attitude and skills.

I feel like Priest writing nearly everyone in Lazarus Contract horribly out of character was far worse than him having to spell things out. His Wally, Dick and Damian in that event were very poor. I imagine it will be the same again where Priest is just going to use the TT to prop up Deathsroke again like he did in LC.

They were definitely Purlorians, Wallace said that the bodies of the homeless men disappeared at the morgue.

I do have to say that the whole alien invasion thing seemed so wacky that of course it was the thing that was real.

~~

~~

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I feel like Priest writing nearly everyone in Lazarus Contract horribly out of character was far worse than him having to spell things out. His Wally, Dick and Damian in that event were very poor. I imagine it will be the same again where Priest is just going to use the TT to prop up Deathsroke again like he did in LC.
    Eh, I enjoyed his voices for most of those characters.

Is it really propping someone up in their own solo or crossover?

They were definitely Purlorians, Wallace said that the bodies of the homeless men disappeared at the morgue.

I do have to say that the whole alien invasion thing seemed so wacky that of course it was the thing that was real.
    I hope so. It's funny that I don't really want Slade to be killing people not for money.

I am curious to see if the Pulorians have longer term repercussions. And I'm still very interested to see how New Red Lion (Death Masque) plays into the long term plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Well this was an unncessarily bad take.

Priest has been shown to write all those characters you mentioned really well or well enough which shows there was issues when it came to that event ...which there was.

Note: If you're talking about red head Wally I hardly remember how he was written so I can't say.

And Priest has never diminished a character to prop up Deathstroke, that seems like a blatant lie to me.

Anything that happens in this new event is on Priest but I can't really fault the dude on the Lazarus Contract when he not only told us what happened but has shown that he can write for these characters.

I hope so. It's funny that I don't really want Slade to be killing people not for money.

I am curious to see if the Pulorians have longer term repercussions. And I'm still very interested to see how New Red Lion (Death Masque) plays into the long term plans.
    I think the Purlorian storyline is done and maybe we'll see Deathmasque but in the meantime he's done too.

You don't want Slade to be a mercenary anymore? Do you want him to only kill people who crosses him?

I mean I like Slade at every level Priest has shown him but I do miss Defiance.

~~

~~

I think the Purlorian storyline is done and maybe we'll see Deathmasque but in the meantime he's done too.

You don't want Slade to be a mercenary anymore? Do you want him to only kill people who crosses him?

I mean I like Slade at every level Priest has shown him but I do miss Defiance.
    No, I just was sad to see him killing people without a good reason, if the homeless men weren't Pulorians. If they were Pulorians, then it's all okay.

No, I just was sad to see him killing people without a good reason, if the homeless men weren't Pulorians. If they were Pulorians, then it's all okay.
    Pink Aliens Lives Matters !

But, seriously, seeing him killing possibly unarmed and innocent homeless men was really creepy and sad. I hope they were Pulorians, at least he wouldn't have slaughtered peoples who had no ill-will toward him nor ways to defend themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Pink Aliens Lives Matters !

But, seriously, seeing him killing possibly unarmed and innocent homeless men was really creepy and sad. I hope they were Pulorians, at least he wouldn't have slaughtered peoples who had no ill-will toward him nor ways to defend themselves.

Yeah, not that it's good to see him killing even bad people, but if someone is manipulating him so that he just slaughtered completely unrelated people, that's a real low point.

We shall have to wait and see!

(I just reread the issue, and realized that Death Masque got Zeta Beamed away...which seems like it means that there was reality involved.)

BANNED

Well, Damian and the A.I were convinced that Slade killed homeless people but not sure if the A.I can be trusted and Damian does have a grudge.