Page 67 of 85 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1265
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Does anyone know if Priest has said anything more about concluding at issue 50?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue but I'm confused as to why Rose is helping slade again, I'm glad she's back in the book, her interactions with slade are some of my favourite parts of priests run but last I read they were not on the best of terms.
    We actually can thank Two-Face for that a little bit.

This crossover will be the first time I’ve read any TT rebirth stuff. Hope it’s good. Looking forward to some Slade/Damian trash talk.

Liked the prelude issue to Terminus Agenda. I hope Terminus Agenda itself is good, I didn’t really enjoy Lazarus Contract outside of the Deathstroke issues. Glass and Priest seem to be on the same page in regards to Damian though, so we’ll see what happens there.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Does anyone know if Priest has said anything more about concluding at issue 50?
    No, he's gone pretty quiet, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    We actually can thank Two-Face for that a little bit.

This crossover will be the first time I’ve read any TT rebirth stuff. Hope it’s good. Looking forward to some Slade/Damian trash talk.
    Slade/Damian trash talk is only inferior to Slade/Bruce trash talk. I am HERE for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Liked the prelude issue to Terminus Agenda. I hope Terminus Agenda itself is good, I didn’t really enjoy Lazarus Contract outside of the Deathstroke issues. Glass and Priest seem to be on the same page in regards to Damian though, so we’ll see what happens there.
    I don't hate Lazarus Contract as much as most, but I do think it was "dumbed down" for the crossover audience - Wintergreen spent way too much time telling us what the previous 18 issues had shown us. That being said, I hope that Priest and Glass work well together!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

I thought Lazarus Contract was alright - although I'll agree with anyone that says that the Priest/Deathstroke parts were easily the strongest. And also tied pretty seamlessly into his run overall. Still, I'm glad for the follow-up and glad for another Slade v. Damian showdown - this thing has been building for quite a while now. Frankly, since Morrison's run on Batman back in like 2009/2010, when Slade hijacked Damian's body to attack Grayson. Then in Pat Gleason's Robin: Son of Batman run. Then in this run of comics itself, as Priest brought in Damian, worked in Lazarus Contract, then played out the whole Batman v. Deathstroke paternity storyline.

I think at this point Slade's ... not relationship ... with Damian is more interesting than his ... "mirror image of the mentor" thing with Grayson back in the day ever was.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Incredible Member

Two things I learned in comics this week.... I'm a year older than Deathstroke and Thunderbolt Ross *picks up cane*... Now excuse me while I yell at some clouds.....

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    Two things I learned in comics this week.... I'm a year older than Deathstroke and Thunderbolt Ross *picks up cane*... Now excuse me while I yell at some clouds.....
    Glad you're still with us, reading Deathstroke!!!! I hope to be as awesome when I'm your age!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

The solicit for the June issue of Deathstroke states it'll be about

spoilers:
    The aftermath of Deathstroke's death at the hands of a Teen Titan
    end of spoilers

so um I guess that's how Terminus Agenda ends.

spoilers:
    Deathstroke RIP
    end of spoilers sounds AWESOME! I'm still super worried for Rose, as always.

I just had a brain storm.

WHAT IF Slade spoilers:
    isn't dead but is actually stuck in the same limbo as the two Power Girls, and has to work together to get out?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by millernumber1; 03-15-2019 at 08:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    spoilers:
    Deathstroke RIP
    end of spoilers sounds AWESOME! I'm still super worried for Rose, as always.

I just had a brain storm.

WHAT IF Slade spoilers:
    isn't dead but is actually stuck in the same limbo as the two Power Girls, and has to work together to get out?
    end of spoilers
    That would be pretty great.

In other news, someone decided to get rid of issues 2-6 and 8-30ish of Deathstroke, which means I got to pick up basically 2-19 for a buck apiece, and just need to spend about 13 bucks to pick up the last three issues to complete my run so far of Deathstroke! (Haven't decided if I want to collect all of Lazarus Contract, since I think I'm going to collect Terminus Agenda, but we can save that.)

Can't wait for my last few issues to arrive, then I want to do a full read through of all the floppies and see how it reads. I'm betting it's going to be devastating to read all 41 issues so far.

I finally caught up with Deathstroke and this is one of the rare cases where I'm looking forward to crossover because:

a) As already mentioned this does feel like it has been building up for a while now
    b) I like current version of Teen Titans
    c) Damian is wrong in what he is doing so if Deathstroke ends up "looking good" then I won't mind it either because someone has to straighten up Damian

As for the next arc, it probably would be good if he revisited situation with Power Girls since I think that this is only "mystery" left that hasn't been explained in one way or another.

Also, Lazarus Contract, I re-read it recently and I still don't like it, but I think that overall it is an important part of this run since it set ups Deathstroke's version of Titans and provides some background for Flash's relationship to Damian and Deathstroke. Still, weakest part of Priest's run, but I dislike it slightly less than I did back then.

I'm back from my vacation and I caught up on what I missed and I really liked this most recent issue, even though it was a prelude to the crossover it felt very back to basics.

And that June solicitation, I can't wait for more villains under Priest's script, I usually love the voices he has for them.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Really looking forward to Priest writing the Legion of Doom. I wonder if Slade is going to end up wherever the Power Girls are? That’s the only remaining plot thread Priest hasn’t wrapped up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Really looking forward to Priest writing the Legion of Doom. I wonder if Slade is going to end up wherever the Power Girls are? That’s the only remaining plot thread Priest hasn’t wrapped up yet.
    I theorized that too!

In related news, colorist Jeromy Cox has been posting a pic from the series every day this month, and has answered a few questions about them,like the fact that Priest came up with the idea for the visualization of the armor effect, and Cox executed it.