Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1265
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    No one knows who the Other is yet, but I think that Damian was lying when he said that Slade works for him.
    Except that Slade himself was concerned about The Other in the last issue of Deathstroke.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I think you are both right? Slade mentioned Other, but in Teen Titans it was implied that Damian lied to the team about Slade/Deathstroke connection. Even if it exist Damian is probably not aware of it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think you are both right? Slade mentioned Other, but in Teen Titans it was implied that Damian lied to the team about Slade/Deathstroke connection. Even if it exist Damian is probably not aware of it.
    I think its more like Damian thinks Deathstroke is working with the other but, cannot prove it. But, also wanting to imprison him due to the terrible things Slade as done. Also, Slade could be connected to Other but, the context is not given yet. I mean the one thing I have noticed is the number of mercenaries the Teen Titans has fought during this run. The woman the early issues, now Deathstroke and then in June Lobo. The other could just be sending mercenaries to deal with the team.

Well, today's issue was absolutely hilarious! Deathstroke trolling villains and heroes in the same issue! And it's nice to see that Priest isn't hiding the lede for the next arc.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, today's issue was absolutely hilarious! Deathstroke trolling villains and heroes in the same issue! And it's nice to see that Priest isn't hiding the lede for the next arc.
    Slade is living in Damian's head, prison and headquarters rent free.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Slade is living in Damian's head, prison and headquarters rent free.
    And Kid Flash, too!

Also, he wants mayo.

Fantastic Member

The best part of this issue is the fridge brilliance at play: at some point while Black Mask and the others are trying to recruit Slade, he goes by with a pallet jack of furniture for his man cave/prison cell. Including a recliner and an entertainment center with a 200 inch screen. While grazing on the TT's junk food, including the several boxes of Girl Scout cookies he's shown eating.

Slade Wilson, actual dad, cheerfully deciding to settle in the basement and chill until things cool down outside since he has nowhere else to go and is homeless. It's a nice nod to his mooching off Tanya. The wearing a too small Batman shirt to troll Damian and remind him that Slade has papers, albeit faked, showing Damian's his, is a fantastic touch. As are the fuzzy bunny slippers.

No wonder he doesn't want his bio kids to pull him out. This is the most rest and relaxation he's had in his entire life.

Astonishing Member

This issue was hilarious, effectively topped like the entirety of the Lazarus Contract. And my favorite bit is that Priest went right ahead and did a callback page that rapidly summed up all four of Slade and Damian's previous encounters. And I just love Joey being like "yeah, no, Pop has beef with the O.G. Titans, not these kids".

It's like, his deal with Nightwing and Co, that's personal.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

This was a fun issue, loved seeing Deathstroke casually troll Damian lol.

Felt bad that Joey thinks Slade likes Damian better when we as readers know how much Slade cares about his kids. Also poor Djinn getting called useless.

I do think this whole killing is a way to put Slade back undercover since his identity is known ...if that makes sense.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 04-03-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    This was a fun issue, loved seeing Deathstroke casually troll Damian lol.

Felt bad that Joey thinks Slade likes Damian better when we as readers know how much Slade cares about his kids. Also poor Djinn getting called useless.

I do think this whole killing is a way to put Slade back undercover since his identity is known ...if that makes sense.
    It's so indicative of how warped Slade is that the three people he cares about most all think he doesn't care very much about them, even though they know he does love people - Kid Flash and Tanya, his therapist, even Robin.

I do think that the RIP is trying to put the cat back in the bag. We'll see what happens with that!

So Damian "kills" Slade and as a result:

1. Villains fear Damian because he killed Slade
    2. Slade gets to do some undercover things while everyone thinks that he is dead

Sounds about right. I'm curious about whether Slade thinks that fake-killing him will actually change Damian's confidence/mission/practice, though, since he already knows that Damian has killed before. (I'm curious that he picked Morgan Ducard, rather than that guy in Batman Inc or Shrike, though I guess his conflict in Robin Son of Batman may have influenced that.)

Astonishing Member

Sounds about right. I'm curious about whether Slade thinks that fake-killing him will actually change Damian's confidence/mission/practice, though, since he already knows that Damian has killed before. (I'm curious that he picked Morgan Ducard, rather than that guy in Batman Inc or Shrike, though I guess his conflict in Robin Son of Batman may have influenced that.)
    Slade also interacted with Maya Ducard, who is now Damian's bestie, so it's probably the most likely to get under the kid's skin and the thing he knows the most about. I also imagine in the world of assassins and freelancers, he's at least semi-familiar with the Ducard family in general. Not that many people know anything about Doctor Dedalus, and one gets the sense that Kathy Kane keeps it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Slade also interacted with Maya Ducard, who is now Damian's bestie, so it's probably the most likely to get under the kid's skin and the thing he knows the most about. I also imagine in the world of assassins and freelancers, he's at least semi-familiar with the Ducard family in general. Not that many people know anything about Doctor Dedalus, and one gets the sense that Kathy Kane keeps it that way.
    It's always weird trying to figure out who knows what in the DC Universe, because we as readers know a lot of stuff.

Astonishing Member

It's always weird trying to figure out who knows what in the DC Universe, because we as readers know a lot of stuff.
    Yeah, and Slade has some serious knowledge of Talia and the whole Leviathan debacle so it's possible he at least has heard of Dedalus, too, so he's a guy with a LOT of information. Actually, he's got so many connections to DC villainy, he's definitely like Batman in that way. Like he turns up everywhere.