Page 73 of 85 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1265

And it seems that Rose's split personality disorder got worse. I'm willing to bet that this "Slade Wilson" is separate personality, like Willow is/was.

I have purchased the one-shot and first issue of Rebirth Deathstroke.

I like Deathstroke.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    And it seems that Rose's split personality disorder got worse. I'm willing to bet that this "Slade Wilson" is separate personality, like Willow is/was.
    I hope not. That would be very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I have purchased the one-shot and first issue of Rebirth Deathstroke.

I like Deathstroke.
    It's a wonderful series! You have a great journey ahead of you!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I hope not. That would be very sad.
    I think it's that because Priest told us that Slade is dead and won't come back. But he has seeded earlier in the run the idea that Rose could be "possessed" by other personalities. And when you look at her new armor, it truly looks like Deathstroke himself, not ravager. Complete with one eye hidden...

no word on whether any arcs will be adapted in animation?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    no word on whether any arcs will be adapted in animation?
    That's a good point. They totally should be.

In other news, #44 was amazing. I really hope that Rose can figure things out before she decides to kill again. We know she's killed before, according to Batman, but she hasn't in this series. And poor Joey! His life is a mess. I wonder how much of it is his responsibility.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Astonishing Member

That's a good point. They totally should be.

In other news, #44 was amazing. I really hope that Rose can figure things out before she decides to kill again. We know she's killed before, according to Batman, but she hasn't in this series. And poor Joey! His life is a mess. I wonder how much of it is his responsibility.
    Everything that has happened to Joey so far is mostly because of Slade's dickery. Based on future previews, everything that happens after this will be Joey's fault. Part of me wants to see Rose wreck Damian's TT, with the exception of Wallace I find all of them unlikable. On the other hand, Slade isn't really worth avenging.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Everything that has happened to Joey so far is mostly because of Slade's dickery. Based on future previews, everything that happens after this will be Joey's fault. Part of me wants to see Rose wreck Damian's TT, with the exception of Wallace I find all of them unlikable. On the other hand, Slade isn't really worth avenging.
    That's not entirely true. Joey did almost kill Isherwood without really any prompting from Slade.

I didn't know we have future previews?

I do think Rose should whip the Titans pretty hard, but I don't see DC letting her kill Red Arrow anytime soon.

Slade doesn't deserve the love of his family...but deserve has nothing to do with love. And my heart breaks for Joey, Rose, Addy, and even Wintergreen.

Astonishing Member

That's not entirely true. Joey did almost kill Isherwood without really any prompting from Slade.

I didn't know we have future previews?

I do think Rose should whip the Titans pretty hard, but I don't see DC letting her kill Red Arrow anytime soon.

Slade doesn't deserve the love of his family...but deserve has nothing to do with love. And my heart breaks for Joey, Rose, Addy, and even Wintergreen.
    Solicits for the upcoming months talk about Jericho accepting Luthor's gift and possibly losing his humanity.

Considering how DC has been treating Titans/TT characters lately, I won't be surprised if Red Arrow gets maimed or killed. Even if we overlook DC's editorial, the current TT run feels like the cast are flirting with disaster and are going to get screwed over because of their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Solicits for the upcoming months talk about Jericho accepting Luthor's gift and possibly losing his humanity.

Considering how DC has been treating Titans/TT characters lately, I won't be surprised if Red Arrow gets maimed or killed. Even if we overlook DC's editorial, the current TT run feels like the cast are flirting with disaster and are going to get screwed over because of their actions.
    Ah, the solicits. Good call. I personally hope that Joey resists the temptation, especially since Rose is going down the dark road pretty full tilt.

I dunno. Given that even Heroes in Crisis only killed one major character ultimately, and that was supposed to be an event level comic, I don't see DC letting ANOTHER Arrow-connected character get killed in one of their critically acclaimed but very low selling books.

Deathstroke RIP part 3 is coming out tomorrow! I am extremely excited - it seems that unlike a lot of titles, Priest is leaning into the crossover/tie in aspect of Year of the Villain in a way that doesn't break his own story at all!

Astonishing Member

I feel bad for Joey here, but there's a lovely story logic to it, and nice allegory for addiction or deals with the devil or what have you, in times of trauma.

God I love Priest though. So to iterate on my feelings while I was reading this; I read Batman 76 right before it. And I liked that issue. I'm good with that issue. This isn't a King thread so I'm not trying to delve deeply into that, but I am trying to lay down WHY I was loving Priest this week. And its because he does a thing that King definitely doesn't do. Even with his mysteries and ambiguity and scene changes that keep secrets running and his twists and stuff ... Priest takes great time and care to explain the "Hows" of things happening so they have some internal logical consistency without plot holes.

Like, Joey is doing some bad stuff. He's a character with a long history of being written OOC to be a danger or threat by a lot of writers. But with a little bit of actual ... explanation ... for what's going on, suddenly he's not OOC at all, he's sympathetic, in the grips of PTSD or trauma or bad life choices, with some level of awareness of them, but feeling trapped, and all the more human and relateable for doing so.

More than that, Priest's explanations succinctly give us a really solid foundational reason for Joey's superpowers that relate innately to Deathstroke's himself. That whole 90% of the brain line ... expanded, and then seen through the lens of Luthor adapting something meant for Deathstroke to Jericho, which explains Jericho's powers so well. Just explaining the hows and doing the legwork is why I want Priest to be the next Batman writer. I miss someone taking the time to do logical, consistent world-building and then to either not leave plot-holes, accidentally leave plot-holes but then cleverly patch them later, or purposefully leave plot-holes for mystery-writing purposes.

The continuing work with Emiko, Shado and Rose is also just excellent.

And I have NO IDEA who that dude on Hosun's floor is. I see the two swords, the bat-belt, the red helmet. My first thought was Red Hood but the costume isn't correct. Like ... who is THAT?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I feel bad for Joey here, but there's a lovely story logic to it, and nice allegory for addiction or deals with the devil or what have you, in times of trauma.

God I love Priest though. So to iterate on my feelings while I was reading this; I read Batman 76 right before it. And I liked that issue. I'm good with that issue. This isn't a King thread so I'm not trying to delve deeply into that, but I am trying to lay down WHY I was loving Priest this week. And its because he does a thing that King definitely doesn't do. Even with his mysteries and ambiguity and scene changes that keep secrets running and his twists and stuff ... Priest takes great time and care to explain the "Hows" of things happening so they have some internal logical consistency without plot holes.

Like, Joey is doing some bad stuff. He's a character with a long history of being written OOC to be a danger or threat by a lot of writers. But with a little bit of actual ... explanation ... for what's going on, suddenly he's not OOC at all, he's sympathetic, in the grips of PTSD or trauma or bad life choices, with some level of awareness of them, but feeling trapped, and all the more human and relateable for doing so.

More than that, Priest's explanations succinctly give us a really solid foundational reason for Joey's superpowers that relate innately to Deathstroke's himself. That whole 90% of the brain line ... expanded, and then seen through the lens of Luthor adapting something meant for Deathstroke to Jericho, which explains Jericho's powers so well. Just explaining the hows and doing the legwork is why I want Priest to be the next Batman writer. I miss someone taking the time to do logical, consistent world-building and then to either not leave plot-holes, accidentally leave plot-holes but then cleverly patch them later, or purposefully leave plot-holes for mystery-writing purposes.

And I have NO IDEA who that dude on Hosun's floor is. I see the two swords, the bat-belt, the red helmet. My first thought was Red Hood but the costume isn't correct. Like ... who is THAT?
    It's most likely Deathstroke. Though how and why he's dressed like that, I don't know.

It's Rose, I'm willing to bet on it. My best guess, considering the solicits is that she was quite messed up by Jericho's attempt to get into her head and now believes she is Deathstroke, however !

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post

I feel bad for Joey - but he's starting to give into the selfish parts of his nature, mind controlling his partner.

Priest is definitely the type of writer who is REALLY curious about the fictional "how." If you read his Green Lantern novels, he had to come up with specific ways that travelling works, and how the Spectre's powers and mission works. He doesn't much care past the fictional how - he isn't James Cameron, for example, needing to explain the actual engineering of a fictional powersuit - but he does want there to BE an answer. King (of whom I'm also an enormous fan) is much more interested in the poetic and thematic throughline, and will sacrifice explanation (or choose to omit it for poetic effect). Priest is also very poetic and thematic, but in a much more down to earth way - and I like both "flavors" a lot!

I also really love the way that Priest has taken Snyder's Year of the Villain stuff, and instead of just including it at the end of an issue, has made it a central part of his own storyline. It completely organic, and I love it, even as someone who doesn't care at all about the JL storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It's Rose, I'm willing to bet on it. My best guess, considering the solicits is that she was quite messed up by Jericho's attempt to get into her head and now believes she is Deathstroke, however !
    I disagree - based on the solicits, I think it's Slade himself. The armor Rose has been wearing as Deathstroke is his Rebirth Ikon suit, but the new suit looks like possibly someone...maybe Power Girl...could have given it to him!