Page 75 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1265

Ya, ok. I’m lost.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, ok. I’m lost.
    Haha, I was lost the first time I read it too. I've read it twice now, and I think I get more of what's going on. What confused you?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

Ya, ok. I’m lost.
    There are two Slades for some reason.I think that the Slade we saw at the hospital is the original somehow(Djinn revived him and altered his memories?).The Slade who killed (?)Hosun is someone else and seems to have earth manipulation and thinks Damian is his son(?). Parallel universe shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    There are two Slades for some reason.I think that the Slade we saw at the hospital is the original somehow(Djinn revived him and altered his memories?).The Slade who killed (?)Hosun is someone else and seems to have earth manipulation and thinks Damian is his son(?). Parallel universe shenanigans
    I agree - I think Slade at the hospital is a resurrected Slade, because he has two eyes. There's lots of different ways that could happen - I'm still hoping for Tanya to be involved!

And yes, the older, scarred Slade (who I think IS Damian's father in an AU) is a different version, not a resurrected one. Or maybe both of them are different versions!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Mighty Member

Huh. I really liked this issue, but it raises all kinds of questions.

First and foremost, poor Rose. This is going to make things interesting.

The two Slades are an interesting pair. My first instinct on reading the story is that the two represent how his kids see him. One the father they always wanted, the other the monster they've always feared. But that's more subtext. I look forward to seeing what's actually going on.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Huh. I really liked this issue, but it raises all kinds of questions.

First and foremost, poor Rose. This is going to make things interesting.

The two Slades are an interesting pair. My first instinct on reading the story is that the two represent how his kids see him. One the father they always wanted, the other the monster they've always feared. But that's more subtext. I look forward to seeing what's actually going on.
    Poor Rose indeed. I hope at least she's in control of Willow now, instead of being forced to do Willow's bidding.

Good thoughts on the two Slades! I read on another forum that it might not be an AU Slade, but a split in half Slade. That doesn't quite make as much sense to me as an AU, but it could work!

Is Hosun dead. Or just very very injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Is Hosun dead. Or just very very injured.
    We don't know. I hope he's not dead, but am afraid he is.

Astonishing Member

It took me a hot minute to realize Old Man Slade was ... you know, from some future.

Priest throwing some big super-hero thematic shenanigans into his swan song. I dig it. Also I mean ... straight up murderous Slade from the future killing everything that moves and unstoppable.

It's The Terminator.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member

Ya, ok. I’m lost.
    That's my reaction most of the storylines from Priests run.

My first thought was that Slade was split into two persons, one good, one bad. But if that was the case then he probably wouldn't think that Damian is his son, therefore, I now also think that he is likely from another universe. Either case it will be interesting to see how this wraps up.

I won't lie, I was really disappointed that Slade was alive at first.

But since it seems we have the Ultimate Terminator and a (semi?) heroic version of Slade in the game, with Jericho (who becomes creepier by the second) and poor Rose who have been messed up (even if it isn't clear how much and what it really does to her), I can't wait for the few issues we still have (sadly) of this most incredible run.

I wonder if it'll be seen as just as much of a game-changer for Deathstroke than Priest's run on Black Panther.

Because I would love a solo movie of Deathstroke based on this run.

Lol I admit I’m a bit lost as well. Looks like an alternate Earth Slade has crossed over while Earth 0 Slade has amnesia after coming back from the dead? Either that or Speed Force shenanigans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol I admit I’m a bit lost as well. Looks like an alternate Earth Slade has crossed over while Earth 0 Slade has amnesia after coming back from the dead? Either that or Speed Force shenanigans.
    The Slade we know was probably brainwashed by Damian's TT into thinking that he's a surgeon, though that doesn't explain his revival.

Mighty Member

So, leaving aside for the moment whether this is two alternate Slades or a split-Slade situation, it seems pretty clear from their introductions WHO they are.

Nurse Slade is Slade's humanity. His empathy and ability to care for others. This Slade could probably have bee a decent father to his children. He heals, rather than kills. He shows concern for others and disdain towards both crime, and the simple lies that people tell themselves not to see it.

The other is the Terminator. Stripped of his humanity and connections to people. He's an amoral killing machine who lacks even Deathstroke's code. ('Stroke kills people if he's been paid to or to defend himself. This dude kills indiscriminately in pursuit of Hosun, and then, seemingly, murders Hosun just because.) If you aren't useful to this version you are dead. A pure, heartless monster of murder. Death incarnate.

It certainly feels like a 'merged' Slade is in the cards here. The real thing reborn from these two extremes. But we'll see. Priest hasn't done anything that simple in this run yet. Either way, it's a fun look at two men Slade Wilson is not, and how they contrast with the man himself. It is also, in a kind of meta way, an interesting look at what it might be like to write Slade. Balanced precariously between the two extremes of needlessly heroic and heartlessly murderous, with the real Slade Wilson somewhere only in the gray between.

As an aside, I don't think the Damian bit precludes this from being a split-Slade, as Priest has established Damian as the child Slade more or less wanted. The one he can actually relate to.