Page 9 of 73 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 1084
  1. #121
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm betting that Slade will have the affair in this arc. If it really were previous continuity, Terra would be dead, after all.
    There was actually a Terra doppelgänger who joined the Titans in the 90s. She was engineered to be genetically identical to the original Terra. So, she was technically "alive" before Flashpoint hit and a member of the Titans up until at least the 2000s. She also joined the Outsiders. Actually, its unclear whether this Terra is the original Terra or the doppelgänger (with the original still dead and buried).
    DC Pulls - Action Comics; Deathstroke; Doom Patrol; Superman

    Marvel Pulls - The Amazing Spider-Man; Captain America; Fantastic Four; Marvel Two-in-One

    Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga

  2. #122
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,983

    Default

    Well, I'm going with "This is Rebirth Terra" and we'll find out what we need to know as we come along.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  3. #123
    Astonishing Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    No, Rose's ties with Nightwing at least are still intact, based on the early scenes of Rose sparring with Nightwing, even referencing her knowing him when he was Robin.
    Yes, and the crew learning about Dick Grayson's deal with Deathstroke to train Rose is part of the event. She knew Nightwing, she was not one of the Titans at any point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    LC didn't displace JC. It wasn't a retelling. From all of the interviews I read, it was basically just supposed to be a spiritual sequel to that story but ended up having no ties to the original whatsoever. Priest said he wanted to explore Slade's past affair with Terra during that event but that that part was axed. So he's probably using the current arc to do it instead.
    I didn't claim it was a retelling, but it did displace it. In it, we learn how Deathstroke lost his son to the Titans, swore vengeance, then made a deal with Nightwing to shelve the contract against them in return for training his daughter, he deal he had kept till the present. Nor does Jericho know Wally.

    Deathstroke sending in Terra to learn their weaknesses, then her betraying them leading to their capture by Deathstroke, then be saved by Jericho and Dick as the new Nightwing did not happen in Rebirth.

  4. #124
    Pretty Bird Bukdiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Finally got to read this issue. The art was good and the action was laid out pretty well so that you can follow what went on. I loved the juxtaposition of Deathstroke and Dr. Light having a calm conversation and then seeing a fight with the radiant men and Defiance.

    I forget, but what caused Deathstroke to change his tune and become more heroic? I didn't read Lazarus Contract.
    Superhero shows are trash

  5. #125
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I didn't claim it was a retelling, but it did displace it. In it, we learn how Deathstroke lost his son to the Titans, swore vengeance, then made a deal with Nightwing to shelve the contract against them in return for training his daughter, he deal he had kept till the present. Nor does Jericho know Wally.

    Deathstroke sending in Terra to learn their weaknesses, then her betraying them leading to their capture by Deathstroke, then be saved by Jericho and Dick as the new Nightwing did not happen in Rebirth.
    For the record, Jericho didn't meet Wally in JC. He only met Dick. Wally had retired from the Titans by then. Or at least, that's how I remember it. My memory may be fuzzy.

    I didn't read LC because it got horrible word of mouth, but what you're saying, that we see Slade lose Grant and swear vengeance against the Titans and then have him come to an agreement with Nightwing about training Rose, without filling in any of the blanks in between? That sounds like there's plenty of wiggle room for JC to have also happened.

    Anyway, Priest's solo work has pretty much been operating on its own continuity, separate from the continuity that Abnett has been working off of. Shockingly so. He even said that LC did not end up how he wanted it to and that he wanted to explore "whether Terra was really a minor when she and Slade slept together." So, I think in his mind, Slade and Terra did have an affair and the Wolfman NTT is, well, controlling. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if all of Abnett's Frankenstein Titans continuity is wiped away after Doomsday Clock and we basically just get Wolfman's Titans back. At least, that's what I sincerely hope.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 08-03-2017 at 05:03 PM.
    DC Pulls - Action Comics; Deathstroke; Doom Patrol; Superman

    Marvel Pulls - The Amazing Spider-Man; Captain America; Fantastic Four; Marvel Two-in-One

    Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga

  6. #126
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Finally got to read this issue. The art was good and the action was laid out pretty well so that you can follow what went on. I loved the juxtaposition of Deathstroke and Dr. Light having a calm conversation and then seeing a fight with the radiant men and Defiance.

    I forget, but what caused Deathstroke to change his tune and become more heroic? I didn't read Lazarus Contract.
    Slade gained the Speed Force powers, and travelled in time many times to try to save Grant. He also saw Something (some have assumed it's Dr. Manhattan, but I'm betting no, because Priest isn't interested in the Rebirth storyline) that he thinks is God, and that combined with his failure to save Grant over and over again has caused him to choose to train his two remaining children to be heroes instead of letting them go where they were headed.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  7. #127
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Slade gained the Speed Force powers, and travelled in time many times to try to save Grant. He also saw Something (some have assumed it's Dr. Manhattan, but I'm betting no, because Priest isn't interested in the Rebirth storyline) that he thinks is God, and that combined with his failure to save Grant over and over again has caused him to choose to train his two remaining children to be heroes instead of letting them go where they were headed.
    Whether or not he's interested in the Rebirth storyline, I could see the editors kind of forcing him to include it. At least he's running with it in an interesting way.
    DC Pulls - Action Comics; Deathstroke; Doom Patrol; Superman

    Marvel Pulls - The Amazing Spider-Man; Captain America; Fantastic Four; Marvel Two-in-One

    Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga

  8. #128
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Whether or not he's interested in the Rebirth storyline, I could see the editors kind of forcing him to include it. At least he's running with it in an interesting way.
    It's possible, but I don't think so. Priest seems pretty hardcore about these things.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  9. #129
    Mighty Member kurenai24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Essex, MD
    Posts
    1,998

    Default

    Priest did say one of the things that was agreed upon was that he gets to do what he wants without editorial breathing down his neck, so with all this talk, I'm wondering to what extent editorial is involved in b/c there is that whole underlying Rebirth storyline that DC is doing.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

    ~~

    Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.


    ~~

    Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

  10. #130
    Astonishing Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    I hope he keeps it vague so that, if people want, they can assume that it was big blue guy that he saw without directly adding Rebirth crap to this series.

    As for the last issue, good stuff. This is officially back to form after terrible LC crossover.

  11. #131
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I hope he keeps it vague so that, if people want, they can assume that it was big blue guy that he saw without directly adding Rebirth crap to this series.

    As for the last issue, good stuff. This is officially back to form after terrible LC crossover.
    Yeah, I agree that it would be best to keep it vague. Keeps the story more timeless.

    I didn't love the crossover, but I think that's more because I hate crossovers in general, rather than because it was a bad crossover.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  12. #132
    Astonishing Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    For the record, Jericho didn't meet Wally in JC. He only met Dick. Wally had retired from the Titans by then. Or at least, that's how I remember it. My memory may be fuzzy.

    I didn't read LC because it got horrible word of mouth, but what you're saying, that we see Slade lose Grant and swear vengeance against the Titans and then have him come to an agreement with Nightwing about training Rose, without filling in any of the blanks in between? That sounds like there's plenty of wiggle room for JC to have also happened.
    That is not what I'm saying. Deathstroke tells Wally that his agreement is still in effect in present day. Wally was shown to be part of the Titans when the agreement was made. Jericho and Wally had not met in Rebirth prior to Lazarus Contract. Nor do any of the Titans indicate that they have. As such, Jericho saving the Titans from Deathstroke does not appear to have happened. Deathstroke approaches Robin (Dick Grayson) with this deal. Nightwing (Dick Grayson) subsequently trains Rose. So Judas Contract being Nightwing's introduction to the scene is is also off the table.

    Terra might still have been a traitorous member of the Titans before then, but it was certainly not Judas Contract and it also does not serve to give her shared history with Rose who definitely was not member of the Titans at any point.

    Anyway, Priest's solo work has pretty much been operating on its own continuity, separate from the continuity that Abnett has been working off of. Shockingly so. He even said that LC did not end up how he wanted it to and that he wanted to explore "whether Terra was really a minor when she and Slade slept together." So, I think in his mind, Slade and Terra did have an affair and the Wolfman NTT is, well, controlling. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if all of Abnett's Frankenstein Titans continuity is wiped away after Doomsday Clock and we basically just get Wolfman's Titans back. At least, that's what I sincerely hope.
    I suggest you actually read Lazarus Contract before you assess that it's all Abnett's invention and none of it Priest or Percy's.

  13. #133
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post

    I suggest you actually read Lazarus Contract before you assess that it's all Abnett's invention and none of it Priest or Percy's.
    Are people really still pinning all the blame on Abnett? This is still happening? Ugh.

  14. #134
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11,347

    Default

    So I've asked about this a few times on other threads, but one of my friends finally let me read a couple issues (Four Rooms) where she said that the Rose bits were separated from Slade's so I could actually find out how she was written here.

    I gotta say, it was pretty great. Easily the best portrayal of Rose since 2003, even if that isn't saying much. It's not enough to get me to actually buy this book, but I'm happy knowing that the character is in good hands, and that at least one of the dozens of characters Johns has screwed over is doing better.

  15. #135
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So I've asked about this a few times on other threads, but one of my friends finally let me read a couple issues (Four Rooms) where she said that the Rose bits were separated from Slade's so I could actually find out how she was written here.

    I gotta say, it was pretty great. Easily the best portrayal of Rose since 2003, even if that isn't saying much. It's not enough to get me to actually buy this book, but I'm happy knowing that the character is in good hands, and that at least one of the dozens of characters Johns has screwed over is doing better.
    Haha. Well, I love the book, but I imagine a Deathstroke book for you is like a Black Mask book would be for me? Also, I'm not really up on my Rose history - what are her good pre-2003 stories for the curious to check out?

    I also wanted to update the thread that Priest has posted a discussion thread for the last two issues: http://lamerciepark.com/wp/?p=625

    Hopefully he'll keep doing that and responding even after the overblown Damian controversy has died down. (Just wait, that will get a bunch of posters in this thread explaining why it isn't overblown )
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •