Spectacular Member ComicBookNoob's Avatar

Default PGX vs CBCS vs CGC; Is there a real difference?

So I have some comics that I'm looking to get professionally graded; first apperances, #1s, and some rare or key issues; and I was wondering if there was a real difference between who I send my comics to. I feel like CGC is probably the most popular from what I've seen online and on eBay for resale. PGX has the lowest prices and that is always really appealing. For now my collection is for me, and about me collecting the comics I truly enjoy and just want to have as a part of my collection, maybe to pass down to a child some day or something like that...who knows. I also am wondering for the overall value of my collection, if I use CGC does that give them a better resale value later on? Or does the company not really matter as long as it's professionally graded and encased? So let me have it! Opinions, facts, whatever you guys can give me to help me make the decision on who I send my precious comics to.
    Check out my blog: http://comicbuffet.blogspot.com/

Favorite DC Heroes: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Green Arrow, The Ray
    Favorite Marvel Heroes: Daredevil, Spider-man, X-23, Iron Man, Iron Heart
    Currently Reading: Robin Vol 4, Iron Man, Teen Titans, Titans, Justice League of America Vol 5, Champions Vol 2, Invincible Iron Man Vol 3, Frank Miller's Daredevil

I think most people stay away from PGX. They caught a lot of bad rep some time ago about bumping grades up/ incorrect grading and I think in part that plays for a crappy resale value on their slabbed books.

CBCS is great. The case they use is "archival" so you don't need to re-slab every, i think, 10years *re-checked its 7- 10 years to replace the inner well. I tried them and submitted a few books at a con and the turnaround time was quick. The customer service was great and now I believe they offer in house pressing for your books as well. They also have a verification program for signatures on books that were not witnessed. My only con is that when I submitted mine they were in the process of changing the layout of their label and I do not like it. I like the newest one better.

CGC is the more established of the 3. I dont know if turnaround times are long. They did come out with a new case so I dont know if that negetes the need to re slab and I have read that they fixed a waviness issue when those were 1st implemented.

But for resale value I think the CGCs get better return on their books.