Fantastic Member

Default The One True Love in Comics

Superman has Lois Lane. Batman has Catwoman. Spiderman has Mary Jane (ignore what Marvel tells you, it's her!). But, there are still many superheroes without that soulmate, that true love to call their own. Do you think that all superheroes should have one? And if so, who needs one?

No. While I'm a total shipper on Superman/Lois Lane and several other great superhero couples, it's not quite right for all characters. Also, superheroes should mirror the diversity of society, and that includes singles.

I would have Jean Grey emerge from the astral plane to consume Emma Frost from the inside out, retroactively negating that travesty ... and, I guess, returning with full-on Phoenix powers so she can also restore Scott and the Professor (said powers should subsequently need to be grayed-out, because too over-powered for regular play, obviously). Anyway, first couple of the X-Men.

... then just have original Emma return by having one of the Stepford Cuckoos split in two or something.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I would have Jean Grey emerge from the astral plane to consume Emma Frost from the inside out, retroactively negating that travesty ... and, I guess, returning with full-on Phoenix powers so she can also restore Scott and the Professor (said powers should subsequently need to be grayed-out, because too over-powered for regular play, obviously). Anyway, first couple of the X-Men.

... then just have original Emma return by having one of the Stepford Cuckoos split in two or something.
    I'm 100 % for this. It's one of the reasons I quit reading the X-Men a long time ago. I also hated what the Fox movies did to the Scott/Jean love story in their bungled adaptation of the Dark Phoenix saga.

I think most Superheroes actually do have soulmates even if they currently aren't together with them at the moment or have dated other people to a significant degree.