Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Spike-X for me.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Kai "the spy"
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

Greg Hatcher

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Abe

I gotta admire Maleev's going there with that cover. So many great entries. The cutest was Sugar Spun Sorceress and I got to give some love to ed2962's Aja cover of Agatha Harkness. All of his covers for the Scarlet Witch series were very creative.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-13-2017 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks to everyone who voted! The results are in...

With one vote: LordMikel, Scott Taylor, CJStriker, Tami, foxley, Kai "the spy", Abe
    With two votes: Kirby101
    With four votes: Greg Hatcher
    And tied with five votes each: Iron Maiden and Spike-X!

If someone who has not yet voted could choose between the two, then we can officially declare a winner!

Iron Maiden's entry:

Spike-X's entry:

Last edited by SuperCooper; 06-14-2017 at 02:32 AM.
    Currently re-reading: Captivology • Currently re-watching: Guardians of the Galaxy • Currently re-heating: brownies in the microwave

BANNED

Gonna go with Iron Maiden - but just because of that weird pony tail on Unca Ben.

Sorry, Spike.

Congrats Iron Maiden!

Gives me an opportunity to post other great Odin-centric covers.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Oh my, I thought I was behind in the vote ! (good thing I wasn't doing the counting!) Thanks everyone for voting for me...this one had some many great entries that I had a hard time deciding myself!

I have a few ideas rattling around in my head and will check some previous contests to make sure it hasn't been used yet.

Thor was my second favorite Lee/Kirby comic back in the silver age. Kirby101, The cover for Mighty Thor #127 was one of the others I was considering using for this week.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-14-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Congrats, IM! Looking forward to what you come up with for the new contest!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Good job, IM!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Thor was my second favorite Lee/Kirby comic back in the silver age. Kirby101, The cover for Mighty Thor #127 was one of the others I was considering using for this week.
    Probably would have won with that one too.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Congrats, Iron Maiden!

A well deserved victory, for a cover full of respect for the Elders - and I don't mean the characters, but the tribute the contest is paying today to the King Jack Kirby!

(And thanks for your vote, for Maleev and Victor ... (...your PM box is full btw... )... I hesitated with a lot of covers : Doughy Man, jeanvaljean, Sugar Spun Sorceress too, yours of course... but The Shadow and how it inspired Batman... that's something big too!)

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    This isn't an entry, since it's not a cover, but I just wanted to include Don Rosa's drawing of a now older Duck family, paying their respects to the clan's patriarch:

Two posts were very emotional for me. Spike-X entry (even is jeanvaljean is right ) and this one.

Thanks to share that wonder with us! (In a way it had exactly the same effect on me than seeing the beloved characters of Twin Peaks coming back with... a few more years..., but touching the kid in me and not the late teen... Really weird feeling btw... I definitively need to collect old Unclle Scrooge stories...)
    Last edited by Abe; 06-14-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Congrats to Iron Maiden for her winning entry this week. This was, IIRC, the first use of the omnipotent "Odinspread". the power making such that even Hela is unable to get a seat. Seriously, I am glad you won IM, I really wanted to use that Odinspread joke.

As to what I've learned this week, the Captain is on the metaphorical first step to wisdom in realizing he hasn't a clue. We had emotional covers battling with powerful superhero pieces of art. "Can I use the frogs this week?" may not be the best first question to ask every Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Two posts were very emotional for me. Spike-X entry (even is jeanvaljean is right ) and this one.

Thanks to share that wonder with us! (In a way it had exactly the same effect on me than seeing the beloved characters of Twin Peaks coming with... a few more years..., but touching the kid in me and not the late teen... Really weird feeling btw... I definitively need to collect old Unclle Scrooge stories...)
    Ooops. Not paying attention to my messages. I cleared some room in my inbox, Abe.

I meant to ask....what is the story behind that Don Rosa piece? Is that date 1967 significant in Scrooge McDuck's own comic?