BANNED

Default The Cosmic Cube. Is it being used right?

So currently in Marvel, is the cosmic cube even being used right or not?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    Short answer: No.
    Long answer: It seems totally implausible that it seems so relatively easy to even make one of these on Earth, given what they are, what they can do, and that although other races in the universe have created them (Skrulls), they seem otherwise incredibly rare. Thanos hightailed it to Earth last couple times they appeared here, yet he can't make one himself while SHIELD and AIM can? Seriously?

I mean I don't want to pander a political agenda, but it has been used for the HYDRA takeover.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, how would we know? If we think it's being used wrong it might just be because the Cosmic Cube altered our memories of the right way to use it.

I have to say, I think the Cube is overused in Cap stories. It originated in a Captain America story and it sort of fits with Cap's theme of fighting for truth against impossible odds, but I thought the movie version of the Winter Soldier story was better off without the Cosmic Cube stuff that, in my opinion, was the less interesting part of the comic story.

But still, this is unquestionably the best use of a Cosmic Cube ever.

By characters, or by writers?

If you mean characters: Cosmic Cubes are dangerous. They are larval Beyonders, and they eventually evolve into literal Gods. You should use them once to get everything you wish, then destroy them.

What I would do: Use the Cosmic Cube to find the Infinity Gems from another universe. Go to that universe, and use the Infinity Gauntlet to get perfect control over the Cosmic Cube, erase its potential to evolve into a sentient being, steal its power for yourself, and destroy it. Use the Infinity Gauntlet to locate unguarded Cosmic Cubes in other realities (the power of the Infinity Gauntlet doesn't reach other universe but you can use it to grant yourself knowledge over those while you are in its home universe) assimilate their power and destroy them.

The Infinity Gauntlet can change you so you can control the power of the Cosmic Cubes perfectly and safely. The power of the Cosmic Cubes would allow you to be omnipotent in any universe you are, rather than being limited to the home universe of your Infinity Gauntlet.

If you mean writers: As davew128, they are far too easy to create, and there are too many of them around. Yeah, they are dangerous, but ambitious people would try anyway, and clever people would find a way to safely use them...
    Last edited by Habis; 06-07-2017 at 01:02 PM.

BANNED

Reason why I'm asking is because I've been reading the new Nova comic up to issue 7 and Sam and Richard have a cosmic cube from the cancerworld

Then in the Captain America and secret empire there's another cosmic cube.

So what the heck is going on?

So what the heck is going on?
    Something that should never been invented is being used too much.

Not an unknown phenomena in Marvel.

Astonishing Member

Given they get their power from the beyonders as I think molecule man does I wonder how they still work

Arnt the beyonders gone?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Given they get their power from the beyonders as I think molecule man does I wonder how they still work

Arnt the beyonders gone?
    They don't get the power FROM the Beyonders, they essentially ARE Beyonders. Cubes are basically infant Beyonders. Over time they grow into cosmic level beings with reality warping power, but not on a universal level. They are not abstract powerful.

Edit: Since Secret Wars, the Beyonders are (supposedly) gone, and their power now exists as a new universal substance called Iso-8 (please insert coin here). It remains to be seen how new cubes will shake out going forward.
    Last edited by davew128; 06-07-2017 at 02:32 PM.