Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    So just a happy accident, lucky Jason. Whatever it's intentional or a general disregard of other characters, they are always building up by comparison.

The bat characters are all created in the same shape; they are never going to be the more physically strong so they have to be the smartest, they have to generate empathy so they have to be sympathetic, they have to be leaders because in a group of super powerful people they can contribute with direction.

I think Dick is an established character and Tim was one too before the new 52, Jason has been a few different characters since he was introduced, then in the new 52 they build up Jason and Tim using aspects from Dick and we ended with three very similar characters that can only be distinguished by grades of more and less. It sucks for Dick because they don’t need him to be more so he has to be less than the other two.

More than anything I wish that they had taken advantage of the reboot and use different eye color so they could be differentiated in some definitive.

The future it's the same, a bunch of character in the same mold, that can be easily replaced with the same relationships and dynamics. And Batman
    I think something that distinguishes jason is the use of magic Tim the high technology

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I read as more of an emotional thing. Time, who was most attached to "Robin" emotionally (he didnt want to be batman or grow up to be another hero, but wanted to retire after being a sidekick), simply couldn't believe that Bruce was dead.
    Yeah, Tim was treated like a desperate child who couldn't let go. It just so happens that he was right. Even if Bruce was actually literally dead, I don't think Tim would have accepted it.

All-New Member

I asked the same question on other forum, but maybe someone will give me answer here:

I have little doubts about Batman Family quality in New 52. So I need your advice in one thing. Basically I know that whole ,,Batman" series is good and, of course important for Batman story in New 52, but what about other members of Batman Family? I have read few issues of other series (those in crossovers), but I'm at Forever Evil and I don't know if I should read whole Nightwing series to understand anything better. I know that ,,Dark Knight" is complete crap, and heard that Red Hood is even worse, but what about Eternal or Detective Comics? Most important for me is if series, have any impact on history. If not, I will probably read it but somewhere in future. So for example, I don't know if Eternal is important. I'm a little bit lost in what's happening in New 52 now, I had some break and now I need to catch all things again. I read some interviews with Snyder, and I don't get the connection between Eternal and Zero Year, something that will shock readers. Maybe I understood something wrong, but if anyone can clear this up for me, I would be glad. So:

-Which Batman series are good

-Which series are important for history

-When I should read Batman Eternal (after Zero Yeat, during, before?), and when it's happening. After Death of the Family?

Thanks