Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawkeye #7

Default Hawkeye #7

I enjoyed the series so far quite a bit as I have stated one or two times before BUT it was this issue that really blew me away.

Compared to the previous issues #7 felt different from page #1 onwards. Sure Kate is joking around like she always does but what happens here is personal.

I especially love how the flashbacks, which are great all by themself already, fit into the flow of the story. Especially the transition from the present to the past and back during the pool part.

Furthermore this is the first time Kate feels like a proper Superheroine since well before Fraction.
    The fight panels are amazing and really show off her skill as an archer and melee combatant.

And the ending? Goosebumps.
    I am so onboard with this story arc already.
    Not only was this the best Issue of the entire run so far it is also the best Non Secret Empire release since Spiderwomans final issue... That I have read.

Thoughts?
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

It's always nice to learn more about Kate's past.(Man, Derek is absolutely scary.)
    Derek looks younger and somehow more threatening and villainous at the end than he did during his brief appearance in Fraction run. Don't know if he is still serious about hurting(or possiblly killing) his own daughter.

So why is Clint "Awkguy" now? Why the missing H?

You kind of get the sense that the Bishops' marriage had issues when Kate's Mom's necklace, which was designed to remind her of her family, only included herself and her two daughters.

I keep forgetting Kate has an older sister, which is kind of funny given Kate's first encounter with the Young Avengers was at said sister's wedding. I wonder if she's going to turn up at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post

So why is Clint "Awkguy" now? Why the missing H?
    It's pig Latin

BANNED

Oh God, I love this book SO MUCH!!

What an issue this was. As great as this title's been so far, this issue definitely took things up a notch.

Thompson's Kate is so spot on. She has Kate's annoying qualities down pat but is able to make them completely endearing, mostly because she also makes us see Kate's real vulnerabilities. And also because her Kate is just so hilarious. And the flashbacks here were wonderful, so well utilized. And I did NOT see that ending coming.

And Romero's art...wow!! That double spread of Kate working her way through a squad of goons was just stunning.

Love, love, love this book. Everyone needs to be reading it.

Matternativ! Everything -- 100% agreed.

Hawkeye #7!!
    Alright, I feel that the stride has officially been struck. This issue felt like the most solid culmination of all the wonderful things that make Kate Bishop so rad -- and so well deserving of both a solo title and THIS creative team. The sudden but controlled ferocity upon receiving her mother's necklace. The evocative flashbacks to Kate's youth and complicated family dynamic. Kate's heart wrenching sincerity with Rivera --only to be flipped on its head with the classic sassery we've come to adore with both Bishop and Thompson. The hilarity of being met with SO MUCH resistance, at every turn, when following through with the trap-itation only to discover -- well, y'all know.
    Leonardo and Jordie perfectly execute every page from the dynamism of that massive brawl to the subtle touches of corporate lobby low lighting. Even those on-the-nose-but-oh-so-charming sound FX proved so endearing, from the finger guns to the carpet tug!

Hugs and High fives to the whole team, if the pleasure is ever mine to be had!
    My hopeful heart pumps firm and fast for a fruitful future and continued success for Kate and crew.

Oh, sure, like I needed any money. Take it all, Marvel.

Another solid issue. Great job Kelly Thompson, can't wait for the next issue.

Folks in full support of Kelly and Kate:

I strongly encourage y'all EMAIL Marvel to their letters page stuff.
    This (and many other books like it) NEED that kind of positive fandom reception to encourage that they thrive.

I just sent "letters" for Kate, USAvengers and Iceman, respectively.
    Show support gang.
    Let them know we appreciate their books!

mheroes@marvel.com !!!!

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

Thanks so much guys. We really appreciate the love and support at Team Hawkeye. And Fokken is right, writing in is a great way to make your voices undeniably heard!

Peek at something from Hawkeye #8!

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 5.06.13 PM.jpg

It bears mentioning that Jordie Bellaire is basically magic.

sides (2).jpg

Also, Kate's mom was the best mom.

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

Jordie is MAGNIFICENT. She should color every comic ever and for all time.

Amazing Member

Hawkeye is one of my favorite characters (both Clint & Kate) in all of comics. Usually I trade wait, but I might need to start buying the monthlies. I want this book to keep going. Anchor Points is fantastic. I'll definitely be emailing Marvel on this one.
    MARVEL - All-New Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men Gold, Thanos, Hawkeye (trade)
    DC - Doom Patrol, Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye, Shade the Changing Girl, Mother Panic, Bug!: The Adventures of Forager, Mister Miracle
    Non-Big Two - Forever waiting on another arc of The Umbrella Academy, I Hate Fairyland (trade)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Thanks so much guys. We really appreciate the love and support at Team Hawkeye. And Fokken is right, writing in is a great way to make your voices undeniably heard!

Peek at something from Hawkeye #8!

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 5.06.13 PM.jpg
    By far one of the best books I'm reading every single month. Kudos to you and the team. And it's especially important to me so I can share with my daughter after Marvel axed Black Widow and Spider-Woman. Your book is amazing. Thanks a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Jordie is MAGNIFICENT. She should color every comic ever and for all time.
    By the way, how much should I be preparing to cry for the Jem finale next week? (Well, finale aside from the summer mini.) Is it going to leave me a total mess?