Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Killjoys Star Lands Key Role in Ant-Man and The Wasp

Looks like Killjoys' Hannah John-Kamen landed a pretty big role in Ant-Man and The Wasp. Wonder who she'll be?

Most popular theories so far: Monica Rambeau or the new Beetle.

My (far-fetched wishing on a star theory): Jessica Drew. I got there based on the role she currently plays and the fact that Hydra was name dropped in the first Ant-Man. I figure it may play a part in the second? Who knows.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Looks like Killjoys' Hannah John-Kamen landed a pretty big role in Ant-Man and The Wasp. Wonder who she'll be?

Most popular theories so far: Monica Rambeau or the new Beetle.

My (far-fetched wishing on a star theory): Jessica Drew. I got there based on the role she currently plays and the fact that Hydra was name dropped in the first Ant-Man. I figure it may play a part in the second? Who knows.
    Spider-Woman rights I believe are controlled by Sony they were even thinking about doing a Spider-Woman film for a time.

I'd seen someone suggest she might end up being the Rita DeMara Yellowjacket, and given Cross is dead and Mitchell took his version of the Pym Particles...

I could also see her being Janice Lincoln. She's got the look for it, though I'm not sure if Sony would approve of them using a Beetle when the identity is still ostensibly tied to Spider-Man and she's related to Tombstone (unless they drop that aspect).

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Spider-Woman rights I believe are controlled by Sony they were even thinking about doing a Spider-Woman film for a time.
    Why does sony have the rights? The characters arent connected in anyway. Did they buy her rights seperate?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Why does sony have the rights? The characters arent connected in anyway. Did they buy her rights seperate?
    I think it's possible she was just grabbed as part of the overall "Spider-Man" umbrella because of her name, even if she has no actual connection to Spider-Man.

Like how Sony probably has access to the "Spider-Girl" name, if not each Spider-Girl.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd seen someone suggest she might end up being the Rita DeMara Yellowjacket, and given Cross is dead and Mitchell took his version of the Pym Particles...

I could also see her being Janice Lincoln. She's got the look for it, though I'm not sure if Sony would approve of them using a Beetle when the identity is still ostensibly tied to Spider-Man and she's related to Tombstone (unless they drop that aspect).
    I think Marvel and Sony could of cut a deal for Beetle if Sony have the rights to the identity. Beetle isn't exactly top of the list of Spider-Man villains people are waiting to see so I could see Sony trading him to Marvel. The original Beetle first appeared in Strange Tales and Janice version in Captain America so Marvel might own the rights to the character.

I think they could easily drop her being Tombstone's daughter or just include it in their deal with Sony. Sony's Spider-Man is in the MCU so the characters co-exist.

Monica Rappaccini is another choice of who Hannah John-Kamen is playing. Rappaccini is sometimes drawn as a dark skinned Italian woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's possible she was just grabbed as part of the overall "Spider-Man" umbrella because of her name, even if she has no actual connection to Spider-Man.

Like how Sony probably has access to the "Spider-Girl" name, if not each Spider-Girl.
    Maybe they can use the name but Jessia Drew would have to be seperate property since she literaly has nothing to do with Spiderman. Its like Ironfist rights being tied with Ironman. If sony has the rights they have to had specifically asked for her during negotiations. If he rights were tied to anything imo it would be Hydra. Is Hydra part of the cap property rights or Sheild or are they theyre own thing?

Madame x maybe, but what I really want is someone to play Wizard( if marvel owns him and not fox with the F4 rights). They can do some cool looking stuff with all his tech. Gender swap him thats fine by me. But i think debuted as a F4 baddie so Fox probaly owns him and will never use him.

I imagine she'll be the villain or one of the villains.

Jocosta 234

Madame x maybe, but what I really want is someone to play Wizard( if marvel owns him and not fox with the F4 rights). They can do some cool looking stuff with all his tech. Gender swap him thats fine by me. But i think debuted as a F4 baddie so Fox probaly owns him and will never use him.
    Maybe she can be a gender-swapped Egghead instead!

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Gender swapped whirlwind

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Gender swapped whirlwind
    Hes a mutant shouldn't fox own him.

Hes a mutant shouldn't fox own him.
    I mean, they might, but there's probably better chances that they can use him but just not refer to him as a Mutant.

The rights issues become kind of murky when you get characters who are Mutants or appeared in one X-Men or FF comic even though they're more associated with other titles or properties.

I used to think she'd make a good Domino. Can't imagine who she'd be in an Ant-Man/Wasp movie...