View Poll Results: How did you like this mini-series that "Rebirthed" Captain Atom?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I really enjoyed it!

7 35.00%
  • In the end, I found myself liking it better than I though I would.

4 20.00%
  • It was okay.

5 25.00%
  • I didn't hate it, but I couldn't bring myself to enjoy it like I wanted to/thought I would.

1 5.00%
  • I really didn't enjoy it.

0 0%
  • Not really sure how I feel...

0 0%
  • I've never read it/This is the first I've heard of it.

3 15.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Due to the events of the story, half way into it, he's begun accessing the red quantum band, and is more powerful and stable than he was previously, which is reflected in how masterful in use he becomes as the "new" (in the eyes of the public) Captain Atom.

the color scheme looks a lot like major force.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    the color scheme looks a lot like major force.
    What's Major Force's color scheme again?

Astonishing Member

What's Major Force's color scheme again?
    purple/reddish on top half. bottom half is brownish if i remember right.

Mighty Member

What's also curious is how Ultramax has a dark blue/light blue color pattern that Nate had in the beginning of the mini (or at least light blue), while in the covers, he's silver like Nate's most iconic design.

Due to the events of the story, half way into it, he's begun accessing the red quantum band, and is more powerful and stable than he was previously, which is reflected in how masterful in use he becomes as the "new" (in the eyes of the public) Captain Atom.

I still don't really like the new look but I understand it was necessary for give a visual understanding of Cap's "de-Manhattan-amation" (or it's "un-Mahattan-ation"?). It just, well, it lacks the visual impact the previous incarnations had.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I still don't really like the new look but I understand it was necessary for give a visual understanding of Cap's "de-Manhattan-amation" (or it's "un-Mahattan-ation"?). It just, well, it lacks the visual impact the previous incarnations had.
    I agree. Very generic looking. Actually looks sort of incomplete.

Hopefully it gets tweaked a little.
    WHO DAT?!!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I am glad they have set Cap back to a more usable character again. I HATED the "Doctor Caphatten" nu52 version and thought it ruined the character so seeing him more like how he used to be before is great. I like that he is not just made of energy anymore and can change back to his human self again and has some family ties again. As for the look I would not be surprised if it keeps evolving little by little into something more like his classic look. I will be curious to see how other artists draw him since I don't think he will be so "muddy" looking under different artists.

I have to give props the writing team for how they didn't just ignore the recent stuff but were still able to slide all the classic elements back in a story that made sense.

All in all I am very happy for the place Captain Atom is in now in the comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I like that he is not just made of energy anymore and can change back to his human self again and has some family ties again.
    I also like that he has the power to shift to and from his human form at will with no strings attached. That is an extremely convenient thing to have in a powerset that changes/alters appearance.

If/when his son starts developing more of his powers, I wonder if he'll also have that aspect?