Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    That's not Duke's fault, though.
    It kind of is. If he wasn't pushed into everything at the expense of other characters then fans would keep quiet.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    It kind of is. If he wasn't pushed into everything at the expense of other characters then fans would keep quiet.
    Tim is coming back in a few months man, it'll be alright.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    It is Duke's hater's fault, as they, yourself included, are the ones who make threads that have even tangential relevance to his character in them sinfully unbearable and toxic to fans and everyday forumgoers alike.

A character should not be penalized because of the incivility of their detractors. Doing so is committing undue and unfair scapegoating of said character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    It is Duke's hater's fault, as they, yourself included, are the ones who make threads that have even tangential relevance to his character in them sinfully unbearable and toxic to fans and everyday forumgoers alike.

A character should not be penalized because of the incivility of their detractors. Doing so is committing undue and unfair scapegoating of said character.
    No, it's DC's fault for their poor handling of the Bat-books. They made the choice to give Duke a big push while continuing to bury several fan-favorites. And their writers have continuously failed to make him appealing to more than a small fraction of readers. It is not our job to like this character, it is the company's job to make us like him. They made this conversation toxic, not us. Take it up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Tim is coming back in a few months man, it'll be alright.
    I can't wait to see him push buttons and brag about his latest super-genius inventions when he comes back in a few months. Makes his lack of a solo or major role in the Bat-books all worth it.

I'd appreciate it if we could get on-track to discussing the contents of the issue and the implications it has on Batman, like The Outsiders or the Dark Multiverse or Joker, rather then continuing this same song and dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd appreciate it if we could get on-track to discussing the contents of the issue and the implications it has on Batman, like The Outsiders or the Dark Multiverse or Joker, rather then continuing this same song and dance.
    Do you think this joker visited the dark multiverse before? How do you think he knows so much?

Do you think this joker visited the dark multiverse before? How do you think he knows so much?
    I think he knows because he's The Joker.

He's crazy enough that he can probably comprehend that kind of stuff better then other can, because he thinks on a different level.

It's also probably tied-back to his use of the Dionysium in Endgame.

Yeah, I think the Dionysium in Endgame did something to the Joker. I mean, it erased Batman's memory, and apparently did enough on the Joker to actually make him "retire" of sort during Superheavy. And I was always under the impression that Joker remembered everything. He was not lost, he saw that Batman had find some sort of peace and willingly chose to not pursue him, even going as far as try to help him avoid becoming the Bat again... Perhaps this behaviour was because what he saw in the Dionysium : he was more pumped on it than any other people. And this stuff saved his life twice. He must has seen Things.

Amazing Member

Snyder also said in his interview the Joker is a liar...so probably half the things he's saying are true.

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

What is the dark multiverse? is it like the regular multiverse but darker?
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheRedHood View Post
    What is the dark multiverse? is it like the regular multiverse but darker?
    Pretty much. Except it seems like several of these earths are ruled by evil Batman who are apparently going to try taking over prime Earth.

BANNED

So I finally got around to reading this. It was exactly what I expected. Okay writing, everyone was alright except for Duke. The moment where Hal, the supposedly fearless one, was begging to go back while Duke insisted they push forward was horrendous. I'm not even a huge Hal Jordan fan and it ticked me off. More upstaging existing heroes to make Snyders pets look good.

Other than that, it was fine. I think Snyder would do more good for the DCU if he ditched the Bat-books and focused on something else.

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Pretty much. Except it seems like several of these earths are ruled by evil Batman who are apparently going to try taking over prime Earth.
    Interesting. I hope this evil batman does something that all the other evil Batmen haven't already. Owlman Does it pretty good.
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Just finished reading this and WOW!

spoilers:
    This is going to be a FUN ride. So much happens in this issue, with so many twists. Batman has put together an Outsiders team that is traversing the multiverse to learn more about this mystery.

And Batman has one of the Jokers (we know there are more than one) in a secret cave in his secret cave (you have to read the issue).

Batman asks Mister Miracle (YES!) to open a door in Superman's Fortress that he had Superman put in for him and when MM sees what is inside, he looks scared...because the room holds the Anti-Monitor tower from Crisis On Infinite Earths!

Batman and Mister Terrific also go in another secret room and Batman says it's time to let "him" out. The picture shows a large, metal container with red, yellow and black stripes. It kind of reminds me of Captain Atom's Charlton costume. I don't know if that's who is inside or not. But that was my first thought.

There's Dark Mattter, Nth Metal and more. LOTS more!
    end of spoilers

What's everyone else's thoughts on this issue?
    It's too much stuff at once and it falls into Batman is GOD complex.

Hal, Scott Free & Superman were out of character. At least to me.

This reads as someone NOT doing research on those guys.

Hal's ring is not weak against yellow-it has not been like that for YEARS. Batman should know that and should have trained Duke into a different way to disarm one.

If Scott KNEW what Batman has-he wouldn't have just left. Also how do you have a lock like that and ASSUME SCott is the only guy who can unlock something. Cyborg is SUPPOSE to have some the gadgets Scott have.

How did Batman get that thing to Clark's place anyway and NO ONE notices not even Dr Fate of all folks?

Oh and Duke-how is he that CALM seeing the person who took away his parents? All the other kids would have torn into Joker.

Also where is his father? They act like he is not around now.

Michael Holt? If he could bounce around dimension at will-why didn't he do that in Earth 2 books?

All-New Member

Had anybody brought up Gates of Gotham yet? The architect brothers were told that their building foundations wouldn't hold and they casually mention having a special metal that will do the job. Also, the story says Gotham coty began with an explosion. A meteorite, perhaps?