Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default New Interview+ Preview For Dark Days: The Forge #1

http://www.comicosity.com/interview-...for-dark-days/

Really interesting stuff about the book including the confusion about Hawkman and how this book will set up Duke's role.

Astonishing Member

Someone should tell them that Duke just isn't popular.

BANNED

The Good: CARTER IS COMING BACK, NOT KATAR! Meaning the same will probably happen with Kendra over Shayera! Happy days!

The Bad: It's another f**king story tying into Bruce's past...so tired of this, DUKE! (If he gets a book out of this, I'll give it a chance, but it'll have exactly one issue to win me over), we've known about it for a long time, but I really don't care for John Romita Jr's art.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Replace Robin in Gotham for him was one of the reasons..

And Pray him, one rookie can´t be "better than robin"... With exceptions as characters like Cassandra Cain..

Anyway... Good luck for the people interested in this.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-09-2017 at 10:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    the goal is to make him popular or at least give the character purpose in this event, I'm sure

Duke will be fine unless they push the better than Robin stuff which will just ramp up the hatred. I'm a Dick Grayson fan so nothing has ever really bothered me about him because Dick has his own book and Titans. This event may be great however I am wary of this being to much Super Science like the monster men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Duke will be fine unless they push the better than Robin stuff which will just ramp up the hatred. I'm a Dick Grayson fan so nothing has ever really bothered me about him because Dick has his own book and Titans. This event may be great however I am wary of this being to much Super Science like the monster men.
    Correct.

There are all sorts of roles he can fill without stepping on the other Robins' roles, and without being a better "fighter" (e.g., I can see him being a better community organizer and socializer than the other Robins). If he does that, there isn't a problem.

So I guess Death of Hawkman really was just to put to rest Katar Hol so we could get classic Carter Hall Hawkman back in this and in time for the JSA's Rebirth.

Now I guess they just need to bring back Hawkgirl.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Duke's final exam with readers is coming up. Snyder & DC are just finishing setting him up, completing out the shot they're giving him. And I think Snyder said that if he flourishes, ok, and if not, that's ok too. So his ultimate fate and longevity will be decided by the market soon enough.

Not the biggest Hawkman reader, but I definitely prefer Cartar Hall and am excited for that.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Duke's final exam with readers is coming up. Snyder & DC are just finishing setting him up, completing out the shot they're giving him. And I think Snyder said that if he flourishes, ok, and if not, that's ok too.

Not the biggest Hawkman reader, but I definitely prefer Cartar Hall and am excited for that.
    Actually he said that if he flourishes as a solo character then good, if not he'll continue to force feed him in Batman books.
    He'll fail the test, two words James Tynion who coincidentally admits to overusing Ra's in this interview.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Actually he said that if he flourishes as a solo character then good, if not he'll continue to force feed him in Batman books.
    Snyder is running out of books to use Duke in. All Star is apparently nearing its end, Metal is only six issues. So, Duke is really going to be put to the test.

If Tynion (Snyder's pal of pals) uses him, his presence might be limited to Tec mostly. Migrates to Titans, etc.

Duke is unlikely to just disappear anytime soon, I admit, but where & how much he'll be used are gonna be tested.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-09-2017 at 11:28 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    He'll fail the test, two words James Tynion who coincidentally admits to overusing Ra's in this interview.
    He didn't say that at all:

I like characters that have an epic perspective. You know, sort of like Ra’s al Ghul, who I have written a lot in the last five years, someone who’s been around for over 700 years.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Snyder is running out of books to use Duke in. All Star is apparently nearing its end, Metal is only six issues. So, Duke is really going to be put to the test.

If Tynion (Snyder's pal of pals) uses him, his presence might be limited to Tec mostly. Migrates to Titans, etc.

Duke is unlikely to just disappear anytime soon, I admit, but where & how much he'll be used are gonna be tested.
    Tynion, Bennet, King. Snyder has no shortage of pals and he'll probabaly hand over ASB to another pal.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 06-09-2017 at 11:33 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Its a diplomatic way of saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Has he really, though? Outside the last 'Tec arc, I can't recall him using Ra's that much unless he's counting bout the Eternal issues he penned.

Was Ra's in Tynion's "infamous" Red Hood run?