Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Default Does anybody here actually like Bryan Hitch's Justice League?

For the life of me, I can't figure out how Justice League is allowed to be mediocre during a period of DC Comics when most everything else has been upgraded sufficiently. How much longer will this terrible use of the most important team in comics go on for?

BANNED

Back on one of the "Favorite Rebirth titles" threads, there actually were one or two people who said they were really enjoying JL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Back on one of the "Favorite Rebirth titles" threads, there actually were one or two people who said they were really enjoying JL.
    Hitch's clone accounts don't count.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    For the life of me, I can't figure out how Justice League is allowed to be mediocre during a period of DC Comics when most everything else has been upgraded sufficiently. How much longer will this terrible use of the most important team in comics go on for?
    Hitch is an A-list artist that DC wants in their corner. He'll be there as long as he wants essentially.

i didn't hate it, but i found it really boring to the point where i couldn't differentiate the story lines. then hitch would make a call back to something that happened previously, and i had no idea what he was referencing. it was just a jumbled, boring mess. figured that was a pretty good time to drop it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I would say NOBODY likes it-because that is the one Rebirth title I saw in bulk in bins and I am not even joking. It's not one store but every single store I go to.

So something must be bad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I would say NOBODY likes it-because that is the one Rebirth title I saw in bulk in bins and I am not even joking. It's not one store but every single store I go to.

So something must be bad about it.
    Everyone likes something. Most people hate Spider-Man 3; I liked the movie (though not as well as it predecessors) and thought it was better than the subsequent two movies. A lot of people really liked the two Amazing Spider-Man movies; I thought they were awful.

When Hitch leaves Justice League, I'll start buying it again. I found it to be interminably boring.

It all started when they gave him the "jla" book before rebirth happened. It had nothing to do with the new 52 justice league America and it featured the exact same team that johns was using in the main justice league book. It was such a boring story about rao . And sadly when he took over justice league for rebirth he followed the same story he was working on back in jla almost completely disregarding johns amazing darkness war.

The whole book is based off of that dumb concept and we know nothing about grail or the darkseid baby.

Seems like D.C. Owed him one and they have to do what he says.

But justice league is not good now.

I've been buying a few books and letting them build up before reading. I finally got around to JL and was shocked by not only the weak art, but also, the similarity between the Rebirth one-shot and the story that followed in the next arc. I'm not sure why DC isn't doing something more with the JL, but I suspect that's going to change in Rebirth Year 2. I'd love to see Waid on JL, as he's hinted he may be doing some DC work down the line.

I don't like HITCH anything.his writing SUCKS his art SUCKS.cant wait for him to leave JUSTICE LWAGUE so I can collect this book again.

Astonishing Member

I don't understand it. It should be one of the flagship books for DC. A movie is coming out this November. The best talent should be on this book. His work is Meh.

I hate how all the stories are pretty much the same...As said above, they almost all blend together, and I find myself forgetting things that they are different storylines...

He has been playing with the "time" concept for long. It's kind of getting boring. I still read it, but Hitch should either take a break or start telling good stories. That said, I liked his "Timeless" arc.

Hitch's Justice League is god awful. Can't wait until he's off the book.
    Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.