Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Hitch's run was so boring it caused me to drop the book shortly after the first Rebirth Arc. He keeps creating these new boring villains that left me feeling ripped off every month. I'm happy to hear there are a few fill-ins coming so I can read Justice League again.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

If anyone is enjoying this book. Can they explain to me what makes it worth picking it up for them?

I thought it was weak util I read Justice League of America. Compared to that book Justice League is like a literary masterpiece

I like his voice for Cyborg...that's about it.

BANNED

I dropped after 4 issues, has he stopped messing with time and inventing boring, generic villains?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It is so boring and generic it is starting to pass the 90's ear Justice League as the worst of all time. I am talking that late 90's when the book was pretty much unreadable like this issue.

I don't like his art either, so I personally find the book absolutely awful.

Last issue written by the new WW writer was SO MUCH better. So sad Hitch is coming back to write and draw JL
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

I had mentioned in a post a few months ago that this is the first time that I'm not reading ANY Justice League titles in 6 years.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batmaniac View Post
    Hitch's Justice League is god awful. Can't wait until he's off the book.
    Yeah I basically consider it a "placeholder" title
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It is so boring and generic it is starting to pass the 90's ear Justice League as the worst of all time. I am talking that late 90's when the book was pretty much unreadable like this issue.
    At the very least, nothing will ever be worse than Extreme Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    I don't like his art either, so I personally find the book absolutely awful.

Last issue written by the new WW writer was SO MUCH better. So sad Hitch is coming back to write and draw JL
    I agree it was "SO MUCH better" but I still found it mediocre and I felt it was "SO MUCH better" than Hitch purely because Hitch's run is most remarkable for how unremarkable it is. It's a testament to just how bad Justice League has been under Hitch that a rather mediocre issue of JL could feel so refreshing. I am so confused about what DC must be thinking with JL AND JLA, both truly terrible titles which should be the flagship titles of the whole line.

Is it even possible DC could be so mixed up they'd allow Hitch to continue writing JL even when the movie comes out, drawing such attention to the comic book? Because it seems like that is exactly their plan. I have maybe never been so confused as to what DC must be thinking.

JL isn't controversial in the way that some love it and some hate it. It actually seems to inspire a universally poor response. I cant imagine who is actually liking this title. I think it's selling purely because it's meant to be the flagship, purely because it features popular characters, even while readers seem united in their displeasure about the entire enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    universally poor response
    I'd say "response" is an incredibly relative term. Our opinions as fans and members of this community may be very different from those who started reading when Rebirth launched or more casual readers. Also, wallets speak a lot louder than we do when we post our opinions here.

I mean, if you have a critically acclaimed series selling poorly, I don't think it will last long just because it's awesome. Also, why would they change a writer/artist who sells like crazy? There will always be people who don't like what he/she does, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't work as a whole.

According to Comichron, in April Justice League sold over 57,000 issues each (#18 and #19) so that's more than 110,000 physical issues sold per month. Not only that: Sells have been pretty stable for 12 months. If i was a DC Publisher I'd call that a total success.

I'm guessing the main Avengers title doesn't even go near that (even though those wackos don't have their biggest and most famous characters in it).
    Last edited by poroto678; 06-11-2017 at 09:54 PM.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    I'd say "response" is an incredibly relative term. Our opinions as fans and members of this community may be very different from those who started reading when Rebirth launched or more casual readers. Also, wallets speak a lot louder than we do when we post our opinions here.

I mean, if you have a critically acclaimed series selling poorly, I don't think it will last long just because it's awesome. Also, why would they change a writer/artist who sells like crazy? There will always be people who don't like what he/she does, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't work as a whole.

According to Comichron, in April Justice League sold over 57,000 issues each (#18 and #19) so that's more than 110,000 physical issues sold per month. Not only that: Sells have been pretty stable for 12 months. If i was a DC Publisher I'd call that a total success.

I'm guessing the main Avengers title doesn't even go near that (even though those wackos don't have their biggest and most famous characters in it).
    JL is always going to sell a lot of units. What's baffling to me is that there is NO WAY that Johns, Lee, or even Didio thinks it's good. Slap Batman on a cover and it will sell too. Doesn't make it a good comic book.

And the OP's question wasn't "Is JL successful?" It was "Does anyone like it?"

As for the distinction between forum posters and non-posters that buy comics, I can't remember the forum ever being so united against a title. This is like the 3rd or 4th thread to ask the question "Does ANYONE like HItch's JL?" and the answers have been universal here at least.

When was the last time this forum was so united on anything as they are for their disappointment in this title? Pretty sure it was Robinson's JLA which I'm sure also sold well because it's JLA. And this has been going on over more than 20 issues in and in at least 3 threads.

This forum reminds me of Will Rogers' great quote about how "I don't belong to an organized political party; I'm a Democrat."

It's so rare this forum is so wholly agreed on anything, as are all comic book review sites.

Yes, people are buying Justice League. That doesn't speak to its quality OR popularity. When did Justice League not sell? I believe the answer is never; it always has and always will and it's helped like any popular title by the Rebirth imprint as is basically the whole line.

But who enjoys it? Anyone? Right, didn't think so.
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 06-12-2017 at 01:22 AM.

I do!

I mean, the writing is not great by any means, the artwork is hit-and-miss (though some pages from Fernando Pasarìn were impressive) and the "mega-scale cosmic threat of the month", despite the implications that it's all part of a greater scheme, is done in a way that is too pedantic to be considered good entertainment, but I don't mind spending 10 minutes of my time reading each new issue. In fact, there are way worse or just plain pointless comic books published by DC right now.

All things considered, I'd say that Justice League is an innocuous, average read. In fact, I'm enjoying Hitch's JL much more than Orlando's JLA, where the subpar art department is the least of my concerns (please, please, stop trying to make me feel bad for Killer Frost! I cared much more about her when she was a villain, for ****'s sake!). Let alone that it's a considerable improvement over Johns's JLA, fifty issues that didn't keep any of the promises they made, developed none of the characters that featured in them, built nothing except unreadable junk like Trinity War and Forever Evil and ended with a bloated story arc that is a concentrate of the aforementioned three negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    I do!

I mean, the writing is not great by any means, the artwork is hit-and-miss (though some pages from Fernando Pasarìn were impressive) and the "mega-scale cosmic threat of the month", despite the implications that it's all part of a greater scheme, is done in a way that is too pedantic to be considered good entertainment, but I don't mind spending 10 minutes of my time reading each new issue. In fact, there are way worse or just plain pointless comic books published by DC right now.

All things considered, I'd say that Justice League is an innocuous, average read. In fact, I'm enjoying Hitch's JL much more than Orlando's JLA, where the subpar art department is the least of my concerns (please, please, stop trying to make me feel bad for Killer Frost! I cared much more about her when she was a villain, for ****'s sake!). Let alone that it's a considerable improvement over Johns's JLA, fifty issues that didn't keep any of the promises they made, developed none of the characters that featured in them, built nothing except unreadable junk like Trinity War and Forever Evil and ended with a bloated story arc that is a concentrate of the aforementioned three negatives.
    Tbf, it's literally a different Killer Frost.